Digital TV News: ITV plc
ITV invests in Infosum-owner Cognitive Logic
Aug 20, 2020 – ITV has agreed to invest $1.375 million (c. £1 million) in cash for a minority shareholding in Cognitive Logic, the 100% owner of InfoSum. InfoSum, which is a commercial partner of ITV, is a data infrastructure business.
News categories: ITV plc, InfoSum, Big Data, Digital TV, MandA, UK
ITV invests in BritBox Australia
Aug 20, 2020 – ITV SVOD Australia, a wholly-owned subsidiary of ITV plc, has agreed to invest AUD 17.7 million in The BritBox Australia Partnership over a period of three years. BBC Studios will be providing equal funding.
News categories: ITV plc, Australia, Digital TV, OTT, Venture Capital
ITV Essentials makes ITV soaps available outside UK
Nov 13, 2013 – ITV has announced that it is set to launch ITV Essentials, an international service giving ex-pats and holidaymakers the opportunity to watch their favourite ITV soaps, while abroad.
News categories: ITV plc, Saffron Digital, Neale Dennett, Jason Keane, Austria, Belgium, Digital TV, France, Greece, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, OTT, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, UK
UK's TalkTalk to build new network to deliver digital on-demand TV
Oct 20, 2010 – Alcatel-Lucent (Paris and NYSE: ALU) has announced that it has signed a three-year agreement with TalkTalk (LSE:TALK), the biggest provider of broadband to Britain's homes, to build a Content Delivery Network (CDN).
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, TalkTalk, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, UK
UK - ITV Player to launch on PlayStation 3
Aug 18, 2010 – UK commercial television network, ITV (LSE:ITV), has announced a deal to make the ITV Player available on Sony's PlayStation®3 (PS3™) consoles by the end of 2010.
News categories: ITV plc, PlayStation, Gaming, Media Player, OTT, UK
UK - Freesat launches today
May 6, 2008 – Freesat, the new, free, digital satellite television service has launched. Freesat is a joint venture between the BBC and ITV.
News categories: Freesat, BBC, ITV, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UK
BBC Worldwide, ITV and Channel 4 to launch joint on-demand service
Nov 27, 2007 – BBC Worldwide, ITV and Channel 4 have announced the creation of a commercial three-way joint venture to launch an on-demand content service in 2008 with the working title of 'Kangaroo'.
News categories: BBC, ITV, Channel 4, Broadband, Digital TV, OTT, UK
BSkyB - Results for the six months ended 31 December 2006
Jan 31, 2007 – BSkyB announces record sales and 20% increase in interim dividend. Net customer growth in the second quarter was 183,000 to 8.441 million.
News categories: BSkyB, Earnings Release, Digital TV, DVR, Ireland, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers, UK
- Sky UK extends satellite capacity contract with SES
- AMC Networks and OMG complete first U.S. addressable campaign
- ENGINE launches cookieless data solutions for CTV and omnichannel media
- CEVA MotionEngine Smart TV software part of LG webOS
- Brazil's MultTV upgrades IPTV system with Beenius
- Bharti Airtel enters Ad Tech industry with Airtel Ads
- Broadpeak upgrades BkYou ad personalization solution
- Nigeria sets-up Digital Switch Over task force
- LG opens webOS Smart TV platform to other TV brands
- Cloud gaming to have huge impact on games distribution
- SpotX to serve as supply-side platform for Redbox
- Vestel brings Twitch to Smart TVs across Europe
- Cablenet rolls-out Amino STBs in Cyprus
- North American pay TV subscriber losses to slow
- discovery+ subscribers now number more than 11 million
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 133,000 in 4Q 2020
- Accedo acquires Hibox
- VIZIO Ads launches frequency control for Smart TV advertisers
- DVB approves DVB-TA watermarking and DVB Home Broadcast specs
- Roku releases 4Q 2020 results