Digital TV News: Time Inc
LG to unveil webOS 3.0 Smart TV platform at CES 2016
Dec 22, 2015 – LG will unveil its 2016 Smart TV lineup featuring the updated webOS 3.0 Smart TV platform at CES 2016. LG webOS 3.0 adds new features to make finding and switching between LG's expanded content options simple and fast.
News categories: LG, Xumo, Brian Kwon, Colin Petrie-Norris, CES2023, Middleware, Smart TV, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
Sky releases 3Q 2015 results
Oct 21, 2015 – SKY has released results for the three months ended 30 September 2015. In the UK and Ireland SKY added 759,000 paid-for products, including 43,000 new TV additions and 133,000 new broadband additions.
News categories: SKY plc, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Results, Satellite, UK
Nagra enables StarHub to deliver IPTV offering to all-IP fibre network
Apr 22, 2015 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that StarHub’s recently launched IPTV service on Singapore’s Next Generation Nationwide Broadband Network uses NAGRA’s MediaLive multiscreen, OpenTV 5 connectware and anyCAST CONNECT content protection solutions.
News categories: NAGRA, StarHub, Content Protection, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Singapore
UK's Freesat adds 18,000 homes in 1Q 2014
May 6, 2014 – Freesat, the subscription free satellite TV service, has announced that it added 18,000 homes in the first quarter of 2014. Freesat is now available in 1.84 million UK households.
News categories: Freesat, Emma Scott, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Smart TV, Subscribers, UK
Arthur D. Little: Opportunity For Telecoms Providers to Increase Triple-Play Coverage with Hybrid Solutions
Aug 21, 2008 – Telecoms operators across Europe are being urged to move into the television content business. According to Arthur D. Little, telecoms operators must be conscious that within the next two years opportunities to gain market share could be lost forever.
News categories: Arthur D. Little, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite
TRAI releases recommendation on "Provision of IPTV services"
Jan 4, 2008 – Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has released the recommendation on provisioning of IPTV services.
News categories: Telecom Regulatory Authority of India, Digital TV, India, IPTV
Ireland - HomeVision triple play launches
Nov 19, 2007 – HomeVision, a new triple play offering has entered the Irish market. HomeVision is a Next Generation Digital Network that delivers digital TV to your television with broadband and a range of home phone options including free calls and low rate local, national, mobile and international calls.
News categories: 3PlayPlus, HomeVision, Broadband, Digital TV, IPTV, Ireland
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania
- SES-18 and SES-19 C-band satellites for the U.S. successfully launched
- OTT TV revenues in Western Europe to reach $45 billion by 2028
- DVB publishes updated Multicast ABR specification and guidelines
- Channel 4 adds Xandr to its digital ad-buying suite
- Mola boosts ABR streaming quality with Broadpeak
- Mainstream Media launches female-centred FAST channel with Amagi
- Eastern Europe OTT revenues to double by 2028
- Video spend in Sweden up 9% in 2022 versus 2021
- StarGroup renews with Eutelsat for StarTV DTH in Mexico
- ORF selects Bitmovin video streaming player
- QYOU Media India selects SpringServe as primary ad server