Digital TV News: Google TV
LG Smart TVs to get Stadia cloud gaming in late 2021
Jan 11, 2021 – LG has announced a plan with Google to bring Stadia to its webOS smart TVs later this year. After Stadia comes to Google TV, LG will be the first TV manufacturer to natively support Stadia gameplay.
News categories: LG Electronics, Stadia, Lee Sang-woo, Android TV, CES2022, Digital TV, Gaming, Smart TV, USA, Worldwide
TCL announces Google TV products at CES2021
Jan 11, 2021 – TCL Electronics (1070.HK) has announced, at CES 2021, that it will roll out a TCL Google TV series in 2021 to TCL customers, starting in the United States and later in other parts of the world.
News categories: TCL, Google TV, Kevin Wang, Android TV, CES2022, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA, Worldwide
Sony announces BRAVIA TVs with 'Cognitive Processor XR'
Jan 7, 2021 – Sony has announced the world's first cognitive intelligence TVs. Powered by its Cognitive Processor XR, picture elements are adjusted to their best final outcome, so everything is synchronized and lifelike.
News categories: Sony Electronics, Mike Fasulo, Android TV, CES2022, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA, UX, Worldwide
discovery+ launches in the U.S.
Jan 4, 2021 – discovery+ (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) is now live in the U.S., with distribution agreements that will make the product one of the most widely available streaming services at launch.
News categories: Discovery, Inc., David Zaslav, Apps, Digital TV, Europe, Gaming, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet, USA
T-Mobile USA launches TV bundles and Android TV STB
Oct 27, 2020 – T-Mobile (NASDAQ: TMUS) has unveiled the company’s latest Un-carrier move, three distinct streaming services — TVision LIVE, VIBE and CHANNELS — and the TVision HUB, a streaming device, available nationwide on November 1.
News categories: T-Mobile, Mike Sievert, Android TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Proximus Pickx Android TV service goes live with 3SS
Sep 15, 2020 – 3 Screen Solutions (3SS) has announced that Proximus Pickx, an IPTV+OTT TV offering from Belgium's Proximus, has gone live on an Android TV Operator Tier STB. The service replaces Proximus’ legacy AOSP-based TV offering.
News categories: 3SS, Proximus, Kai-Christian Borchers, Jim Casteele, Advertising, Android TV, Belgium, Big Data, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, UX
Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
Jan 14, 2020 – According to Acumen Research and Consulting, the global Android TV market is expected to grow at a CAGR of around 20% over the forecast period 2019 to 2026 and expected to reach the market value of over US$ 231 billion by 2026.
News categories: Acumen Research and Consulting, Android TV, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
3READY Android TV from 3SS powers Proximus Pickx
Dec 20, 2019 – 3SS has announced that Proximus has selected its 3READY Android TV solution for the recent launch of Proximus Pickx, an IPTV service. Proximus Pickx, Europe’s first Android P based TV project, had its pilot launch in October.
News categories: 3SS, Proximus, Kai-Christian Borchers, Thierry Demoor, Android TV, Belgium, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, UX
TCC chooses 3SS for Android TV+multiscreen service in Uruguay
Nov 1, 2019 – 3SS has been chosen by TCC to help develop a new TV service to launch in 2020. The service will be powered by 3READY Android TV + Multiscreen, 3SS’ front end and UI framework featuring an Android TV Custom Launcher STB.
News categories: 3SS, TCC, Kai-Christian Borchers, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere, Uruguay, UX
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Baltimore
- Zodiac integrates Agama device monitoring into its TV stack
- JW Player raises $100m in Series E funding
- Xandr adopts OpenAP's OpenID audience identifier
- ATEME provides video packaging and storage for AIS in Thailand
- KKStream launches Streaming-as-a-Service solutions
- Astro set-top boxes to include Netflix
- MediaKind powers UEFA Euro 2020 live coverage at MEO
- NAB shows home learning via ATSC 3.0 for students without internet
- U.S. consumers feeling pain of streaming service fragmentation
- Telefonica backs up Movistar+ infrastructure in the cloud with Harmonic
- Irdeto and INVIDI offer integrated addressable TV solution
- UEI providing Android TV remotes to Claro Colombia
- Tubi supports Unified ID 2.0 initiative
- Portugal adds 29,000 pay TV subscribers in 1Q 2021
- 'Go Addressable' TV advertising initiative launched in the U.S.
- Brightcove and ByteArk partner on OTT technology in Thailand
- ATEME powers converged headend at TCCL in India
- NexPlayer joins AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative
- VuClip integrates Bitmovin video encoder on Google Cloud