Digital TV News: Google TV
Big Media launches The New Frontier channel with VlogBox
Mar 21, 2023 – Big Media has teamed up with VlogBox, a video content distribution platform, to create 'The New Frontier', a CTV channel featuring the scientific documentary series of the same name.
News categories: VlogBox, Big Media, Nick Platonenko, Max Montoya, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
Mar 21, 2023 – Allente, with 3SS and SEI Robotics, has launched a 4K dongle, based on Google TV, with a UX built on 3SS' 3Ready framework. The Allente app is installed from Google Play during first time installation.
News categories: 3SS, SEI Robotics, Google TV, Allente, Amanda Short, Jon Espen Nergård, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Norway, Set Top Box, Streaming, Sweden, UX
SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
Jan 31, 2023 – SkyShowtime is continuing its roll-out with a set of launches in Albania, Czechia, Hungary, Kosovo, North Macedonia, Poland, Romania and Slovakia, bringing the number of live markets for the streaming service to twenty.
News categories: SkyShowtime, Monty Sarhan, Gabor Harsanyi, Albania, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Hungary, Kosovo, Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Streaming
Sharp to offer six TV models equipped with Roku OS in the U.S.
Jan 5, 2023 – Sharp will release three models of its flagship AQUOS XLED 4K TV in U.S. in spring of 2023. At the same time, it will introduce to the U.S. market six other TV models all equipped with the Roku smart TV OS.
News categories: Sharp Corp, CES2023, Digital TV, Smart TV, TV OS, USA
Initiative to further improve TV energy efficiency in N. America announced
Jan 6, 2023 – The CTA, with leading TV manufacturers, the NRDC and the ACEEE have announced a voluntary agreement aimed at significantly improving the energy efficiency of TVs sold in the United States and Canada.
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, NRDC, Douglas Johnson, Joe Vukovich, Canada, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
VIDAA brings football to Google TV and Android TV
Dec 2, 2022 – VIDAA has announced that Google TV and other Android TV OS devices will carry VIDAA sports content, which includes FIFA+. Tremor International (AIM/NASDAQ: TRMR) will act as the exclusive global CTV monetization platform.
News categories: VIDAA, Google, Tremor International, Guy Edri, Advertising, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, TV OS, Worldwide
Smart TV shipments in India up 38% YoY in Q3 2022
Dec 2, 2022 – India’s smart TV shipments grew 38% YoY in Q3 2022, according to Counterpoint. The growth was primarily driven by festive season supplies for meeting the strong pent-up demand, multiple new launches, discount events, and promotions.
News categories: Counterpoint, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Smart TV
SEI Robotics selects iWedia Live TV App for retail hybrid devices
Nov 9, 2022 – SEI Robotics and iWedia have announced that they have worked together to integrate iWedia's Live TV application on SEI's retail hybrid devices, improving the customer experience for the satellite market.
News categories: SEI Robotics, iWedia, Jeff Yin, Hans-Jürgen Desor, Android TV, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
Sky's NOW streaming service comes to Android TV
Nov 8, 2022 – Sky has announced that its streaming service NOW has been made available on Google TV devices, including Chromecast with Google TV, and on eight UK smart TV brands as it expands to Android TV OS devices.
News categories: NOW, Marina Storti, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, TV OS, UK
- CDNetworks powers VSTV K+ OTT streaming in Vietnam
- 24i and Amagi partner to enable rapid launch of streaming services
- Net Insight and Skyline partner on live video workflows
- Mixed fortunes for pay TV in the Asia Pacific region
- Evolution Digital integrates OpenSync with an Android TV set-top box
- ARF calls for move away from TV households as basis of TV measurement
- 76% of SVOD services to introduce ads in the next two years
- Free, ad-supported streaming takes off in the U.S.
- NextGen TV begins broadcasting in Des Moines, IA
- PANTAFLIX to dispose of streaming technology subsidiary
- Harmonic powers live sports streaming for VertiCast
- Eurovision Sport selects Ad Insertion Platform monetization solution
- TV reception over the Internet continues to grow in Switzerland
- Ateme launches statmux for NextGen TV and streaming services
- Canela Media chooses Amagi for FAST content monetization
- SES in discussions regarding possible combination with Intelsat
- Comscore expands 48-hour television reporting
- TCCL deploys iWedia Android TV Custom Launcher
- LiveU joins AWS Partner Network
- 63% of rural Americans bundle internet and TV