Digital TV News: Google TV
Ease Live adds connected TVs to sports interactivity platform
Sep 11, 2023 – Ease Live has announced the capability for its interactive platform to provide synced interactive experiences on Connected TVs, adding to existing support for mobiles, PCs and tablets.
News categories: Ease Live, Kjetil Horneland, Chris Wagner, Digital TV, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
3SS powers Allente Stream Multiscreen OTT apps
Sep 4, 2023 – Allente, supported by 3SS, has launched its new Allente Stream Multiscreen OTT offering. The operator has gone live with new apps, all based on the 3Ready product platform from 3SS.
News categories: 3SS, Allente, Pierre Donath, Jon Espen Nergård, Apps, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, IBC2023, Norway, Streaming, Sweden
TCL launches TCLtv+ streaming service in North America
Aug 24, 2023 – TCL has launched its TCLtv+ streaming service in North America. The service makes available more than 200 FAST channels and 1500+ on-demand movies and TV series on TCL TVs at no cost.
News categories: TCL, Mark Zhang, Haohong Wang, Digital TV, North America, Smart TV, Streaming
Foxxum and rlaxx TV acquired by ZEASN
Aug 1, 2023 – ZEASN has acquired Foxxum and rlaxx TV. The move is intended to position ZEASN as the leading independent provider of CTV operating systems and AVOD/FAST products in the market.
News categories: ZEASN, Foxxum, rlaxx TV, Jason He, Ronny Lutzi, Digital TV, IBC2023, MandA, Smart TV, Streaming, TV OS, Worldwide
Atmosic SoC approved for Google Android TV remote controls
Jun 8, 2023 – Atmosic's ATM Bluetooth system-on-chip (SoC) series has been approved for inclusion in the Google Android Open Source Project (AOSP) as a reference design for voice remote controls.
News categories: Atmosic, David Su, Android TV, Digital TV, ICs, Set Top Box, Smart TV, TV OS, UX, Worldwide
CHiQ launches latest Google TV series in Europe
May 24, 2023 – CHiQ has announced the launch of its latest Google TV series in Europe. The series comes with Google system technology, intelligent AI applications, and a frameless metal style.
News categories: CHiQ, Digital TV, Europe, Smart TV, TV OS
India Smart TV shipments grew 28% in 2022
Apr 4, 2023 – India's smart TV shipments grew 28% YoY in 2022, according Counterpoint Research. For Q4 2022, the growth was almost flat at 2% YoY due to a slowdown in demand after the festive season.
News categories: Counterpoint, Akash Jatwala, Anshika Jain, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Semiconductor, Smart TV
Big Media launches The New Frontier channel with VlogBox
Mar 21, 2023 – Big Media has teamed up with VlogBox, a video content distribution platform, to create 'The New Frontier', a CTV channel featuring the scientific documentary series of the same name.
News categories: VlogBox, Big Media, Nick Platonenko, Max Montoya, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
Mar 21, 2023 – Allente, with 3SS and SEI Robotics, has launched a 4K dongle, based on Google TV, with a UX built on 3SS' 3Ready framework. The Allente app is installed from Google Play during first time installation.
News categories: 3SS, SEI Robotics, Google TV, Allente, Amanda Short, Jon Espen Nergård, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Norway, Set Top Box, Streaming, Sweden, UX
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set
- TVMonaco chooses OKAST streaming platform
- DAZN Edge platform expands coverage in Europe with MainStreaming
- LG presents vision to become media and entertainment platform company
- UK PSBs developing broadband-delivered free TV service
- ZTE and Netgem collaborate on cloud gaming for Android TV
- Rokid shows portable Android TV device for AR glasses at IBC
- NPAW introduces Nokia-developed video probe at IBC 2023
- Eutelsat and ENENSYS show live DVB-NIP over 5G at IBC
- Pixalate introduces Apple TV CTV trends report
- Hybrid AVOD-SVOD revenues to triple to $20 billion by 2029
- Tata Elxsi and INVIDI partner on addressable advertising for Pay-TV operators
- Sercomm unveils RDK Video Accelerator STB based on Broadcom BCM72126