Digital TV News: Roku
Frost & Sullivan names Samba TV #1 in TV viewership data capability
Jun 23, 2022 – Frost & Sullivan has released findings of an analysis assessing the capabilities of eight leading television data providers. The '2022 Frost Radar on Television Viewership Data Providers' found Samba TV to be the leader in TV data capabilities.
News categories: Samba TV, Frost & Sullivan, Ashwin Navin, Robert Cavin, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA, Worldwide
Walmart and Roku enable e-commerce in TV ads
Jun 16, 2022 – Walmart (NYSE: WMT) and Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) have announced a partnership to make TV streaming the next e-commerce shopping destination. Walmart will be the exclusive retailer to enable streamers to purchase featured products fulfilled by Walmart directly on Roku.
News categories: Roku, Walmart, Peter Hamilton, William White, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Intigral selects Bitmovin and Diagnal to deliver superior viewing experiences
Jun 13, 2022 – Bitmovin has announced that it has partnered with Diagnal to help Intigral deliver video streams to Jawwy TV and Dawri Plus subscribers in the MENA region. Intigral is using the Bitmovin Player integrated with Diagnal's front-end app development technology.
News categories: Bitmovin, Intigral, Diagnal, Stefan Lederer, William Sharp, Apps, Digital TV, Media Player, Middle-East, Streaming
Blue Ant Media launches FAST offer on LG Channels in North America
Jun 13, 2022 – Blue Ant Media has announced that a suite of its FAST channels has launched on LG Channels in the U.S. and Canada. The launch builds on Blue Ant Media's momentum in the emerging free streaming space in North America and around the world.
News categories: Blue Ant Media, LG Channels, Jamie Schouela, Canada, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Pluto TV to launch with Corus in Canada this fall
Jun 8, 2022 – Corus (TSX: CJR.B) and Paramount (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA) have announced that Pluto TV will launch in Canada this fall. Corus will be the ad representative for what is positioned to become one of the largest FAST services in the country.
News categories: Corus, Pluto TV, Paramount, Greg McLelland, Olivier Jollet, Advertising, Apps, Canada, Digital TV, Streaming
Crackle Plus expands CTV ad inventory with Amagi
Jun 7, 2022 – Amagi has announced a Connected TV ad inventory agreement with Crackle Plus (NASDAQ: CSSE). Amagi's ADS PLUS first-party ad platform supports over 700 content brands on 2,000+ channels, delivering over 50 billion ad impressions.
News categories: Amagi, Crackle, James M. Smith, Philippe Guelton, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
46% of U.S. adults watch video via a connected TV device daily
Jun 3, 2022 – According to Leichtman Research Group (LRG), 87% of U.S. TV households have at least one internet-connected TV device including Smart TVs, streaming devices, video game systems and/or Blu-ray players, up from 80% in 2020.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Bruce Leichtman, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Pixalate releases Q1 2022 CTV ad supply chain trends report
Jun 2, 2022 – Pixalate has released its Q1 2022 Global Connected TV (CTV) Ad Supply Chain Trends report. The report looks at open programmatic CTV ad fraud with ad spend trends by global region, and trends in the Roku and Amazon Fire TV app stores.
News categories: Pixalate, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
Roku and Walmart launch onn. Roku TV models in Canada
May 25, 2022 – Roku and Walmart Canada have announced the launch of onn. Roku TV models. The TVs will be available in Canada and sold exclusively in-store and online at Walmart starting this month.
News categories: Roku, Walmart, Marcin Lempka, Mallory Craigmile, Canada, Digital TV, Smart TV, UX
- Gibtelecom launches new TV platform with Netgem
- izzi adds anti-piracy and extended threat defense technologies from Verimatrix
- MEO deploys Velocix CDN and cloud-native VRM platforms
- AminoOS deployed to Vodafone Iceland’s legacy Samsung STBs
- Bhimavaram Community Network chooses Skyworth for 4K RDK IPTV set-tops
- Synaptics selects Allegro DVT VVC compliance streams
- NextGen TV launches in Shreveport, LA
- Sunrise deploys Media Distillery to enhance TV user experience
- Vewd brings in-vehicle streaming to Renesas R-Car automotive chipsets
- Omdia expects pay TV & online video subscriptions to pass 3 billion in 2027
- SeaChange Advanced Advertising Platform selected by Armstrong and BEAM
- U.S. streaming video consumers becoming more price sensitive
- SES-22 to launch on June 29th
- Euronews added to ZEASN's FAST service for smart TVs
- Orange to integrate DAZN sports in Spain
- BuyDRM to provide streaming security for Samsung TV Plus
- MEASAT-3d and GSAT-24 successfully placed into orbit
- Horizon Media to trial Comscore Local TV measurement data
- TikTok now available on VIZIO Smart TVs
- Irdeto announces results for its 2022 financial year