Digital TV News: SES AMERICOM
SES Delivers Growth From Strong First Quarter Operational Performance
Apr 23, 2009 – SES (Paris, LuxX:SESG) has reported financial performance for the three months to 31 March 2009. High definition TV services continued to proliferate; the group now carries a total of 136 HDTV programmes - 67 in the U.S. and 69 in Europe.
News categories: SES S.A, Content Distribution, Europe, North America, Results, Satellite
SES AMERICOM To Cease IP- PRIME® Service By July 31, 2009
Dec 15, 2008 – SES AMERICOM (Paris and Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that it will cease providing its IP-PRIME IPTV service in North America. The termination of the service is motivated by the slow adoption of IPTV by small and medium size telecom operators.
News categories: SES AMERICOM, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Finance, IPTV, USA
Ciel II Satellite Successfully Launched from Baikonur Cosmodrome
Dec 11, 2008 – The Ciel Satellite Group has announced that its Ciel II communications satellite has been launched. Ciel II will be providing HDTV services into the North American market with DISH Network Corporation (Nasdaq:DISH) as the anchor customer.
News categories: Ciel Satellite, Content Distribution, North America, Satellite, USA
IP-PRIME's Market Leadership Reinforced with Sixty Plus Telco Contracts and Commercial Rollouts in Two Dozen Communities
Nov 10, 2008 – SES AMERICOM (Paris and Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that more than sixty-five telcos in 31 states have signed up for IP-PRIME®.
News categories: IP-PRIME, SES AMERICOM, Content Distribution, IPTV, Satellite, USA
SES Reports Continued Strong Results
Oct 27, 2008 – SES S.A. (Paris, Luxembourg: SESG) reports on financial performance for the nine months ended 30th September 2008. Total utilised capacity increased from 820 at 30th June 2008 to 821 transponders at 30th September 2008.
News categories: Content Distribution, Results, Satellite
HD Channels On ASTRA Increase By 30 Percent In Three Months
Oct 20, 2008 – SES ASTRA (Paris and Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that the number of HD channels broadcast via the ASTRA Satellite System has increased significantly in the last three months. At the beginning of October, the number of HD channels reached 55.
News categories: SES ASTRA, Austria, Belgium, Content Distribution, Czech Republic, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, France, Germany, Market Research, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Satellite, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, UK
Canby Telcom Launches HD Offering Powered by IP-PRIME HD-4 Service in Central Oregon
Sep 30, 2008 – SES AMERICOM (Paris, Luxembourg: SESG) and Canby Telcom have announced that Canby's IPTV customers can now access 36 channels of High Definition (HD) programming, including more than two dozen channels delivered to Canby via IP-PRIME®.
News categories: SES AMERICOM, Canby Telcom, NRTC, Content Distribution, IPTV, USA
NDS Declared Global IPTV DRM Leader by Two Independent Analyst Firms
Sep 9, 2008 – NDS (NASDAQ: NNDS) has announced that it has been ranked by both ABI Research and Current Analysis as the leading content security and Digital Rights Management (DRM) technology vendor worldwide.
News categories: NDS Group, CAM, Conditional Access, Content Protection, DRM, IPTV, Market Research, Streaming
Star One C2 satellite successfully launched by Embratel
Apr 24, 2008 – Star One, a subsidiary of Embratel, has launched a new satellite - Star One C2. Thanks to the enhanced coverage of the new satellite, telecommunications in Brazil are in line with the demands of new satellite HDTV transmission technology.
News categories: Embratel, Brazil, Digital TV, Satellite
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania
- SES-18 and SES-19 C-band satellites for the U.S. successfully launched
- OTT TV revenues in Western Europe to reach $45 billion by 2028
- DVB publishes updated Multicast ABR specification and guidelines
- Channel 4 adds Xandr to its digital ad-buying suite
- Mola boosts ABR streaming quality with Broadpeak
- Mainstream Media launches female-centred FAST channel with Amagi
- Eastern Europe OTT revenues to double by 2028
- Video spend in Sweden up 9% in 2022 versus 2021
- StarGroup renews with Eutelsat for StarTV DTH in Mexico
- ORF selects Bitmovin video streaming player
- QYOU Media India selects SpringServe as primary ad server
- Netflix, Hulu, Disney+ most essential for US streaming subscribers
- Ateme completes AWS ISV Accelerate program
- Media Distillery launches ad break detection solution
- HbbTV releases new version of core specification
- PCTV scales up video services across Latin America with Eutelsat
- Roku and Best Buy announce advertising and retail relationship
- MwareTV to offer a fully managed IPTV service in the US
- Aferian provides trading update