Digital TV News: TV 5
Five million IPTV subscribers for SK Broadband
Jul 31, 2019 – Korean telecommunications provider, SK Broadband, has announced that it now has more than five million subscribers to its IPTV service 'B tv'. The service launched 13 years ago in July 2006.
News categories: SK Broadband, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Subscribers
STMicroelectronics reports 4Q 2014 results
Jan 28, 2015 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has reported results for the fourth quarter and full year ended December 31, 2014. Net revenues decreased 3.0% sequentially. On a year-over-year basis, net revenues decreased 9.2%.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Android TV, DOCSIS, RDK, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
STMicroelectronics first with Android TV 5.0 Lollipop STB offering
Nov 4, 2014 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has announced the availability of the world’s first STB (Set-Top Box) platform with Google’s Android TV based on Android 5.0 Lollipop.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Gian Luca Bertino, Android TV, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
ENENSYS provides DVB-T2 system for Thailand's TV 5
Jun 3, 2014 – ENENSYS has announced that it has supplied its OneBeam solution to Thai TV5 for digital terrestrial TV. The DVB-T2 network has launched with transmitters in the cities of Bangkok, Nakhon Ratchasima, Chiang Mai and Songkhla.
News categories: ENENSYS, TV 5, Yosapon Meeprom, Colin Prior, Content Distribution, DVB-T2, Terrestrial, Thailand
Digital pay TV soars in Eastern Europe
Apr 15, 2014 – The number of digital pay TV subscribers will increase from 26.1 million (21.5% of TV households) in 2010 to 45.0 million (36.6%) in 2013 and onto 73.6 million (58.2%) by 2020, according to a new report from Digital TV Research.
News categories: Simon Murray, Cable TV, Digital TV, Digital TV Research Reports, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Telefónica and NAGRA launch Pay TV in Latin America
Jan 6, 2014 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) and Telefónica Digital (NYSE: TEF) have announced the launch of next generation TV services powered by NAGRA’s latest middleware solution, OpenTV 5, in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Peru and Venezuela.
News categories: NAGRA, Telefónica, David del Val, Ivan Verbesselt, Argentina, Brazil, Cable TV, CES2020, Chile, Colombia, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Mobile, Peru, Satellite, Set Top Box, Venezuela
Launch of Mobile Digital TV Product Supporting China CMMB Standard
Nov 4, 2008 – Shenzhen aigo R&D and Solomon Systech have jointly launched a new generation mobile multimedia digital TV known as the WALK TV 5210A featuring Solomon's MagusCore™ multimedia processor, and developed under the China aigo brand.
News categories: Solomon Systech, Beijing Huaqi, Shenzhen aigo R&D, China, Digital TV, Mobile, Semiconductor
IRIB (TAKTA) launches DVB-H mobile TV trial in Iran using SIDSA's POLAR PLUS Platform
Aug 28, 2007 – The Islamic Republic of Iran is jumping on the International DVB-H bandwagon with the Spanish company SIDSA, an International DVB technology provider, leading the project.
News categories: SIDSA, Sagem, IRIB, Digital TV, IBC2019, Iran, Mobile
- Verimatrix introduces DRM for video protection between devices
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- FCC proposed rule change to support ATSC 3.0 distributed transmission
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Velocix introduces CDN software for 5G video streaming
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation
- COVID-19 pandemic to reduce global TV brand shipments by 5.8% in 2020
- Six million viewers for Italy's tivùsat
- Wicket Labs adds $1.9m of extra funding
- NENT Group to launch Viaplay in Iceland on April 1st
- TV antenna usage in US broadband households up 25% in 2019
- Coronavirus expected to add 5% to global VOD subscriptions in 2020
- COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues