Digital TV News: TV 5
Five million IPTV subscribers for SK Broadband
Jul 31, 2019 – Korean telecommunications provider, SK Broadband, has announced that it now has more than five million subscribers to its IPTV service 'B tv'. The service launched 13 years ago in July 2006.
News categories: SK Broadband, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Subscribers
STMicroelectronics reports 4Q 2014 results
Jan 28, 2015 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has reported results for the fourth quarter and full year ended December 31, 2014. Net revenues decreased 3.0% sequentially. On a year-over-year basis, net revenues decreased 9.2%.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Android TV, DOCSIS, RDK, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
STMicroelectronics first with Android TV 5.0 Lollipop STB offering
Nov 4, 2014 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has announced the availability of the world’s first STB (Set-Top Box) platform with Google’s Android TV based on Android 5.0 Lollipop.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Gian Luca Bertino, Android TV, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
ENENSYS provides DVB-T2 system for Thailand's TV 5
Jun 3, 2014 – ENENSYS has announced that it has supplied its OneBeam solution to Thai TV5 for digital terrestrial TV. The DVB-T2 network has launched with transmitters in the cities of Bangkok, Nakhon Ratchasima, Chiang Mai and Songkhla.
News categories: ENENSYS, TV 5, Yosapon Meeprom, Colin Prior, Content Distribution, DVB-T2, Terrestrial, Thailand
Digital pay TV soars in Eastern Europe
Apr 15, 2014 – The number of digital pay TV subscribers will increase from 26.1 million (21.5% of TV households) in 2010 to 45.0 million (36.6%) in 2013 and onto 73.6 million (58.2%) by 2020, according to a new report from Digital TV Research.
News categories: Simon Murray, Cable TV, Digital TV, Digital TV Research Reports, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Telefónica and NAGRA launch Pay TV in Latin America
Jan 6, 2014 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) and Telefónica Digital (NYSE: TEF) have announced the launch of next generation TV services powered by NAGRA’s latest middleware solution, OpenTV 5, in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Peru and Venezuela.
News categories: NAGRA, Telefónica, David del Val, Ivan Verbesselt, Argentina, Brazil, Cable TV, CES2022, Chile, Colombia, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Mobile, Peru, Satellite, Set Top Box, Venezuela
Launch of Mobile Digital TV Product Supporting China CMMB Standard
Nov 4, 2008 – Shenzhen aigo R&D and Solomon Systech have jointly launched a new generation mobile multimedia digital TV known as the WALK TV 5210A featuring Solomon's MagusCore™ multimedia processor, and developed under the China aigo brand.
News categories: Solomon Systech, Beijing Huaqi, Shenzhen aigo R&D, China, Digital TV, Mobile, Semiconductor
IRIB (TAKTA) launches DVB-H mobile TV trial in Iran using SIDSA's POLAR PLUS Platform
Aug 28, 2007 – The Islamic Republic of Iran is jumping on the International DVB-H bandwagon with the Spanish company SIDSA, an International DVB technology provider, leading the project.
News categories: SIDSA, Sagem, IRIB, Digital TV, IBC, Iran, Mobile
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
- Tremor International acquires Spearad
- TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
- Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product
- Comcast launches Smart TVs based on its XClass TV platform
- ViacomCBS and Altice USA renew distribution agreement
- OTT now at 82% consumer saturation in the U.S.
- MultTV and MwareTV launch multi-tenant TV as a Service in Brazil
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil