Digital TV News: blinkbox
TalkTalk introduces TalkTalk TV Store
Apr 26, 2016 – TalkTalk has unveiled the TalkTalk TV Store, a pay-as-you-go service offering the latest movies and hit TV shows at Britain’s lowest price. The service is an update of the blinkbox platform that it acquired in 2015.
News categories: TalkTalk, Aleks Habdank, Digital TV, OTT, UK
UK's TalkTalk adds 115,000 TV customers in 4Q 2014
Feb 3, 2015 – TalkTalk Telecom Group has released its Q3 FY15 trading update for the 9 months to 31st December 2014. The company added 115,000 net new TV customers taking its total base of TV customers to 1.3 million.
News categories: TalkTalk, IPTV, Results, Subscribers, UK
Netflix launches on TalkTalk TV in the UK
Jan 12, 2015 – TalkTalk in the UK has announced that it has added Netflix to its TalkTalk TV broadband television service. YouView from TalkTalk homes that pre-registered will be amongst the first to receive it on their set top box.
News categories: TalkTalk, Netflix, Tristia Harrison, Bill Holmes, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, UK
TalkTalk Group acquires Blinkbox from Tesco
Jan 8, 2015 – TalkTalk has acquired the blinkbox Movies business and the Tesco broadband and fixed line voice base from Tesco Plc. The assets have been acquired free of debt and as a single transaction for cash.
News categories: TalkTalk, Tesco, Dido Harding, Digital TV, MandA, OTT, UK
UK's blinkbox goes UltraViolet
Oct 14, 2014 – blinkbox has introduced digital movie and TV locker service UltraViolet to allow customers to build a digital collection from select physical discs they have bought in-store and access them via the service.
News categories: blinkbox, UltraViolet, Tesco, Adrian Letts, Mark Teitell, Ian Ditcham, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, UK
BBC iPlayer launches on Xbox LIVE
Mar 20, 2012 – The BBC and Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT) have announced the launch of the BBC's popular video-on-demand service, BBC iPlayer, on Microsoft's Xbox LIVE free platform. BBC iPlayer is now available on every major gaming platform in the UK.
News categories: BBC iPlayer, Xbox, Gaming, OTT, UK
The Future of TV Begins Now on Xbox 360
Dec 5, 2011 – Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) has announced the launch of an all-new Xbox 360 experience including the first group of new, custom applications from world leading TV and entertainment content providers on Xbox LIVE.
News categories: Xbox, Australia, Austria, Canada, Digital TV, Finland, France, Gaming, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, OTT, Spain, Sweden, UK, USA
Oregan widens distribution with Dixons Retail's Logik Smart TV
Nov 21, 2011 – Oregan Networks has announced that it now supplies its web services platform for Logik, one of Dixons Retail's portfolio of exclusive brands in the UK.
News categories: Oregan Networks, Dixons, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, UK
Geographic Expansion Propels OTT on CE Devices
Nov 7, 2011 – IMS Research forecasts that in 2016, connected CE devices in the home will account for 27% of all OTT video transactions, up from 6% in 2010. One of the key drivers behind this growth is the geographic expansion of OTT service providers such as Netflix and Amazon.
News categories: IMS Research, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box
- Sky UK extends satellite capacity contract with SES
- AMC Networks and OMG complete first U.S. addressable campaign
- ENGINE launches cookieless data solutions for CTV and omnichannel media
- CEVA MotionEngine Smart TV software part of LG webOS
- Brazil's MultTV upgrades IPTV system with Beenius
- Bharti Airtel enters Ad Tech industry with Airtel Ads
- Broadpeak upgrades BkYou ad personalization solution
- Nigeria sets-up Digital Switch Over task force
- LG opens webOS Smart TV platform to other TV brands
- Cloud gaming to have huge impact on games distribution
- SpotX to serve as supply-side platform for Redbox
- Vestel brings Twitch to Smart TVs across Europe
- Cablenet rolls-out Amino STBs in Cyprus
- North American pay TV subscriber losses to slow
- discovery+ subscribers now number more than 11 million
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 133,000 in 4Q 2020
- Accedo acquires Hibox
- VIZIO Ads launches frequency control for Smart TV advertisers
- DVB approves DVB-TA watermarking and DVB Home Broadcast specs
- Roku releases 4Q 2020 results