Digital TV News: Bob Bakish
Paramount+ reveals global expansion plans
May 3, 2022 – Paramount+ (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA) will launch in the UK and Ireland on 22 June 2022. Paramount+ will also launch in South Korea in June, with further launches planned in Italy, Germany, France, Switzerland and Austria in 2H 2022.
News categories: Paramount, Raffaele Annecchino, Maria Kyriacou, Austria, Digital TV, France, Germany, India, Ireland, Italy, Korea, Streaming, Switzerland, UK
ViacomCBS renames, and unveils international expansion plan for Paramount+
Feb 15, 2022 – ViacomCBS has announced that it will become Paramount Global effective February 16. The company will continue the global expansion of Paramount+ in 2022, with Paramount+ making its debut in France as a bundle through the CANAL+ Group.
News categories: Paramount, Shari Redstone, Bob Bakish, Tanya Giles, Digital TV, France, Streaming, Worldwide
Paramount+ adds more than 6 million subscribers in 2Q 2021
Aug 5, 2021 – ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC; VIACA) has reported results for the quarter ended June 30, 2021. Paramount+ provided more than 6 million additions to the company's global streaming subscription base, which now stands at over 42 million.
News categories: ViacomCBS, Bob Bakish, Digital TV, Results, Streaming, Subscribers, USA, Worldwide
ViacomCBS global streaming service to be called Paramount+
Sep 15, 2020 – ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC, VIACA) has unveiled 'Paramount+' as the brand name for the company’s upcoming global streaming service. CBS All Access will be rebranded as Paramount+ in early 2021 as part of the service expansion.
News categories: ViacomCBS, Bob Bakish, Marc DeBevoise, Australia, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Latin America, Norway, Streaming, Sweden, USA
CBS and Viacom to combine
Aug 13, 2019 – CBS (NYSE: CBS.A, CBS) and Viacom (NASDAQ: VIA, VIAB) have agreed to merge. The combined company, ViacomCBS, will be a global, multiplatform, premium content company, with the assets, capabilities and scale to be one of the most important content producers and providers in the world.
News categories: Viacom, CBS, Bob Bakish, Joe Ianniello, Shari Redstone, Digital TV, MandA, USA, Worldwide
Spectrum to offer 'Essentials' OTT TV service to its internet customers
Feb 20, 2019 – Charter Communications has announced that it will launch Spectrum TV Essentials, an OTT video service, to be made available exclusively in Charter’s footprint to Spectrum Internet customers who don’t already subscribe to Spectrum video services.
News categories: Charter Communications, Tom Rutledge, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Viacom agrees to acquire Pluto TV
Jan 22, 2019 – Viacom (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA) has announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Pluto TV, the leading free streaming television service in the U.S., for $340 million in cash.
News categories: Viacom, Pluto TV, Bob Bakish, Tom Ryan, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming, USA
- Vewd acquired by Xperi
- FIFA+ to launch on Hisense VIDAA TVs ahead of World Cup
- inext provides Android STB for Kyivstar in Ukraine
- iQIYI implements Unified ID 2.0 identity framework
- 58% of TV subscribers in Portugal are on fibre
- Nielsen Admosphere to implement cross-platform TV audience measurement in the Czech Republic
- ASTA-NET selects CryptoGuard to secure IPTV services in Poland
- Redge Technologies extends contract with TVN Warner Bros. Discovery
- ViX+, TelevisaUnivision’s premium SVOD tier, debuts on July 21
- Eurofins releases updated NEXTGEN TV logo certification test suite
- Xfinity Stream app launches on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD
- Tencent Video available in NetRange Smart TV app store
- Gibtelecom launches new TV platform with Netgem
- izzi adds anti-piracy and extended threat defense technologies from Verimatrix
- MEO deploys Velocix CDN and cloud-native VRM platforms
- AminoOS deployed to Vodafone Iceland’s legacy Samsung STBs
- Bhimavaram Community Network chooses Skyworth for 4K RDK IPTV set-tops
- Synaptics selects Allegro DVT VVC compliance streams
- NextGen TV launches in Shreveport, LA
- Sunrise deploys Media Distillery to enhance TV user experience