Digital TV News: CASBAA
Pay-TV Innovation Forum reveals the 2018 priorities for Asia-Pacific
Jul 24, 2018 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) in partnership with MTM has revealed findings from the 2018 Asia-Pacific Pay-TV Innovation Forum. In its third year, the research programme seeks to explore the challenges and opportunities facing the industry in a disruptive period.
News categories: NAGRA, MTM, Simon Trudelle, Jon Watts, Asia, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research
Casbaa releases updated pay TV and OTT Regulatory Review for Asia
Jul 19, 2018 – Casbaa has released a review of OTT and regulatory policies for the video industry around Asia. Based on a year-long study of legal frameworks and government policies, Casbaa has examined key issues in regulation of the pay TV and online video industry.
News categories: Casbaa, Louis Boswell, John Medeiros, Australia, Cambodia, China, Content Protection, Digital TV, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Myanmar, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, UK, USA, Vietnam
Nearly one in four Hong Kong consumers use pirated TV boxes
Jun 25, 2018 – In a newly released Casbaa survey of the content viewing behaviour of Hong Kong consumers, it was revealed that close to one in four consumers (24%) use a TV box which can be used to stream pirated television and video content.
News categories: Casbaa, Neil Gane, Louis Boswell, Content Protection, Digital TV, Hong Kong, OTT
Piracy-enabling STB supplier closed down in Australia
Nov 28, 2017 – Following a joint investigation in Australia by the Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment (ACE) and CASBAA's Coalition Against Piracy (CAP) into a large supplier of IPTV set-top boxes, pre-loaded to play pirated movies, television shows, sports programming, and other content has had these operations closed down in Australia.
News categories: CASBAA, Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment, Neil Gane, Zoe Thorogood, Australia, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box
CASBAA forms Coalition Against Piracy in Asia
Oct 19, 2017 – CASBAA has announced the formation of the Coalition Against Piracy (CAP), an initiative to coordinate industry resources in the fight against rampant content theft. The CAP includes leading video content creators and distributors in Asia.
News categories: CASBAA, John Medeiros, Neil Gane, Asia, Content Protection, Digital TV
OTT driving Taiwan multichannel video
Jun 19, 2017 – A study by regional pay-TV industry group CASBAA shows that overall access to multi-channel video services of all kinds in Taiwan is being bolstered by a mobile video market now accounting for 92% of all individuals.
News categories: CASBAA, John Medeiros, Christopher Slaughter, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Mobile, OTT, Taiwan
Myanmar TV market continues to grow exponentially
Dec 5, 2016 – CASBAA has released a members-only report on the multichannel market in Myanmar. Within the traditional TV market there are signs of rapid expansion and multichannel TV investment continues apace.
News categories: CASBAA, Christopher Slaughter, Digital TV, Market Research, Myanmar
Jadoo Digital launches hybrid video in Bangladesh with Verimatrix
Mar 22, 2016 – Verimatrix has announced that Digi Jadoo Broadband Ltd, a pay TV distributor in Bangladesh, has implemented the Verimatrix Content Authority System (VCAS) for DVB Hybrid to secure content for its new Jadoo Digital service.
News categories: Verimatrix, Jadoo Digital, Steve Oetegenn, Navidul Huq, Bangladesh, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere
OTT has huge potential in Asia, but piracy still a hindrance
Mar 5, 2015 – CASBAA, the Association for digital multichannel TV, content, platforms, advertising and video delivery throughout the Asia-Pacific, recently concluded its OTT Summit 2015 at the Grand Hyatt Singapore.
News categories: CASBAA, Christine Fellowes, Asia, Content Protection, Market Research, OTT
- NCTC to offer discounted Amazon Fire TV devices to members
- Viu reaches 41.4 million monthly active users
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
- Vianeos provides revamped UX for Batelco TV in Bahrain
- VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature
- AfricaXP adds DTH capacity from Eutelsat for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 44k in 4Q 2019
- 'Tapering subscriber acquisitions' for Dish TV India in 4Q 2019
- Movistar Spain launches new voice remote control
- Irdeto confirmed as security partner for Mitele Plus
- Swedish streaming market saturating
- Tubi monthly active users grow to 25 million
- beIN SPORTS strikes partnership with XUMO TV
- Cinedigm’s Viewster app available on Foxxum-supporting devices
- Liberty extends Netflix partnership in Europe
- beIN SPORTS XTRA added to Samsung TV Plus
- Sinclair Broadcast joins Pearl TV broadcast business organization
- WISI ABR transcoding approved for Minerva YourTV Now cloud video