Digital TV News: Google TV
LG Smart TVs to get Stadia cloud gaming in late 2021
Jan 11, 2021 – LG has announced a plan with Google to bring Stadia to its webOS smart TVs later this year. After Stadia comes to Google TV, LG will be the first TV manufacturer to natively support Stadia gameplay.
News categories: LG Electronics, Stadia, Lee Sang-woo, Android TV, CES2022, Digital TV, Gaming, Smart TV, USA, Worldwide
TCL announces Google TV products at CES2021
Jan 11, 2021 – TCL Electronics (1070.HK) has announced, at CES 2021, that it will roll out a TCL Google TV series in 2021 to TCL customers, starting in the United States and later in other parts of the world.
News categories: TCL, Google TV, Kevin Wang, Android TV, CES2022, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA, Worldwide
Sony announces BRAVIA TVs with 'Cognitive Processor XR'
Jan 7, 2021 – Sony has announced the world's first cognitive intelligence TVs. Powered by its Cognitive Processor XR, picture elements are adjusted to their best final outcome, so everything is synchronized and lifelike.
News categories: Sony Electronics, Mike Fasulo, Android TV, CES2022, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA, UX, Worldwide
discovery+ launches in the U.S.
Jan 4, 2021 – discovery+ (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) is now live in the U.S., with distribution agreements that will make the product one of the most widely available streaming services at launch.
News categories: Discovery, Inc., David Zaslav, Apps, Digital TV, Europe, Gaming, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet, USA
T-Mobile USA launches TV bundles and Android TV STB
Oct 27, 2020 – T-Mobile (NASDAQ: TMUS) has unveiled the company’s latest Un-carrier move, three distinct streaming services — TVision LIVE, VIBE and CHANNELS — and the TVision HUB, a streaming device, available nationwide on November 1.
News categories: T-Mobile, Mike Sievert, Android TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Proximus Pickx Android TV service goes live with 3SS
Sep 15, 2020 – 3 Screen Solutions (3SS) has announced that Proximus Pickx, an IPTV+OTT TV offering from Belgium's Proximus, has gone live on an Android TV Operator Tier STB. The service replaces Proximus’ legacy AOSP-based TV offering.
News categories: 3SS, Proximus, Kai-Christian Borchers, Jim Casteele, Advertising, Android TV, Belgium, Big Data, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, UX
Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
Jan 14, 2020 – According to Acumen Research and Consulting, the global Android TV market is expected to grow at a CAGR of around 20% over the forecast period 2019 to 2026 and expected to reach the market value of over US$ 231 billion by 2026.
News categories: Acumen Research and Consulting, Android TV, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
3READY Android TV from 3SS powers Proximus Pickx
Dec 20, 2019 – 3SS has announced that Proximus has selected its 3READY Android TV solution for the recent launch of Proximus Pickx, an IPTV service. Proximus Pickx, Europe’s first Android P based TV project, had its pilot launch in October.
News categories: 3SS, Proximus, Kai-Christian Borchers, Thierry Demoor, Android TV, Belgium, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, UX
TCC chooses 3SS for Android TV+multiscreen service in Uruguay
Nov 1, 2019 – 3SS has been chosen by TCC to help develop a new TV service to launch in 2020. The service will be powered by 3READY Android TV + Multiscreen, 3SS’ front end and UI framework featuring an Android TV Custom Launcher STB.
News categories: 3SS, TCC, Kai-Christian Borchers, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere, Uruguay, UX
- Disney+ ends 1Q 2021 with 103.6 million subscribers
- Nielsen Digital Ad Ratings for Samsung TV Plus inventory
- Altice's a4 deploys CommScope video advertising solution
- DTG publishes 'State of the Nation' report
- TiVo to acquire MobiTV assets from Chapter 11
- Liberty Latin America deploys Velocix video streaming platform
- FTTH/B now passes more than half of homes in EU39
- Setplex to power TV Cabo São Paulo OTT service
- Irdeto joins AWS Media & Entertainment initiative
- TiVo ad inventory available through Xandr
- Proximus integrates Prime Video app into latest Android TV box
- HbbTV releases updated Test Suite and Test Descriptions
- Switch Media to provide OTT service for Solomon Telekom
- Amino bids for MobiTV
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow to 1.5 billion by 2026
- Amagi ad solutions increase revenue at Cinedigm
- Blockgraph and The Trade Desk partner on Unified ID 2.0 audience targeting
- Sky Media pilots Shoppable Ads with Sky Mobile
- Paramount+ to debut in Australia on August 11th
- Strategy Analytics compares bundled communications service pricing