Digital TV News: Maroc Telecom
Maroc Telecom acquires Tigo Chad
Mar 15, 2019 – Maroc Telecom has signed an agreement with Millicom to acquire 100% of the shares of its subsidiary Tigo Chad, the leading mobile operator in Chad. This acquisition aims to enlarge and consolidate the presence of Maroc Telecom in Africa.
News categories: Maroc Telecom, Millicom, Tigo Chad, Chad, MandA
Pay TV spending spree in Middle East and North Africa
Apr 11, 2017 – The pay TV market in the Middle East and North Africa saw record growth in 2016 despite harsh economic conditions, according to IHS Markit. Pay TV households topped the five million mark for the first time in the region’s history.
News categories: IHS Markit, Constantinos Papavassilopoulos, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite, Subscribers
Pay TV growing fastest in the MENA region
Apr 26, 2015 – According to IHS (NYSE: IHS), 2014 was another year of substantial growth for the pay TV market in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region, with pay TV revenues jumping from €702 million in 2013 to €873 million in 2014.
News categories: IHS Inc, Constantinos Papavassilopoulos, Algeria, Bahrain, Digital TV, Egypt, IPTV, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Market Research, Middle-East, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, Subscribers, Tunisia, UAE
Maroc Telecom consolidated revenues at December 31, 2008
Jan 19, 2009 – Maroc Telecom's landline Internet customer base reached 482,000 lines at the end of 2008, up 1.3% compared to 2007, to which nearly 30,000 Internet Mobile 3G+ and 10,000 IPTV customers have to be added.
News categories: Maroc Telecom, IPTV, Morocco, Results, Subscribers
IPTV Subscribers Grow 19% in 3Q06!
Dec 29, 2006 – According to DITTBERNER's recently released report "Global Broadband Subscriber Survey", IPTV subscribers grew 19% to 2.7 Million in 3Q06. PCCW with 638,000 subscribers was the largest IPTV operator.
News categories: DITTBERNER, Belgium, Broadband, Digital TV, France, Hong Kong, IPTV, Italy, Market Research, Morocco, Netherlands, Russia, Spain, Sweden, UK
- North American OTT TV revenues to double
- VeriSilicon AI video processor powers leading datacenters
- Asia-Pacific pay TV revenue to fall over next five years
- WDR expands HD capacity with SES at 19.2°E
- Megacable subscribers up 51,000 in 4Q 2020
- New AT&T, TPG entity to take over AT&T’s U.S. video business
- NBCUniversal expands addressable footprint via Charter partnership
- Oregan middleware deployed on Megacable XView+ STBs
- ATSC issues Recommended Practice on Haptics for ATSC 3.0
- 3SS set to double reach in 2021
- Future of TV in Australia is linear + BVOD
- Sky UK extends satellite capacity contract with SES
- Comscore and Samba TV extend CTV data partnership to Australia
- AMC Networks and OMG complete first U.S. addressable campaign
- ENGINE launches cookieless data solutions for CTV and omnichannel media
- Wowza Media Systems integrates EZDRM DRM-as-a-Service
- CEVA MotionEngine Smart TV software part of LG webOS
- Brazil's MultTV upgrades IPTV system with Beenius
- Bharti Airtel enters Ad Tech industry with Airtel Ads
- Broadpeak upgrades BkYou ad personalization solution