Digital TV News: Maroc Telecom
fuboTV Inc. to acquire Molotov SAS
Nov 9, 2021 – fuboTV (NYSE: FUBO) has agreed to acquire France's Molotov SAS. The combined technology capabilities of the two companies will enable fuboTV to launch its streaming platform on a global scale.
News categories: fuboTV, Molotov, David Gandler, JeanDavid Blanc, Africa, Canada, Digital TV, France, MandA, Spain, Streaming, USA
Maroc Telecom launches OTT platform with Molotov
Jul 5, 2021 – Maroc Telecom is leveraging the technology platform developed by Molotov to launch an OTT service with over 80 live channels and thousands of hours of catch-up TV and on-demand programs in Morocco.
News categories: Molotov, Digital Virgo, Maroc Telecom, François Le Pichon, JeanDavid Blanc, Achraf Ammour, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Morocco, Streaming
Maroc Telecom acquires Tigo Chad
Mar 15, 2019 – Maroc Telecom has signed an agreement with Millicom to acquire 100% of the shares of its subsidiary Tigo Chad, the leading mobile operator in Chad. This acquisition aims to enlarge and consolidate the presence of Maroc Telecom in Africa.
News categories: Maroc Telecom, Millicom, Tigo Chad, Chad, MandA
Pay TV spending spree in Middle East and North Africa
Apr 11, 2017 – The pay TV market in the Middle East and North Africa saw record growth in 2016 despite harsh economic conditions, according to IHS Markit. Pay TV households topped the five million mark for the first time in the region’s history.
News categories: IHS Markit, Constantinos Papavassilopoulos, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite, Subscribers
Pay TV growing fastest in the MENA region
Apr 26, 2015 – According to IHS (NYSE: IHS), 2014 was another year of substantial growth for the pay TV market in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region, with pay TV revenues jumping from €702 million in 2013 to €873 million in 2014.
News categories: IHS Inc, Constantinos Papavassilopoulos, Algeria, Bahrain, Digital TV, Egypt, IPTV, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Market Research, Middle-East, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, Subscribers, Tunisia, UAE
Maroc Telecom consolidated revenues at December 31, 2008
Jan 19, 2009 – Maroc Telecom's landline Internet customer base reached 482,000 lines at the end of 2008, up 1.3% compared to 2007, to which nearly 30,000 Internet Mobile 3G+ and 10,000 IPTV customers have to be added.
News categories: Maroc Telecom, IPTV, Morocco, Results, Subscribers
IPTV Subscribers Grow 19% in 3Q06!
Dec 29, 2006 – According to DITTBERNER's recently released report "Global Broadband Subscriber Survey", IPTV subscribers grew 19% to 2.7 Million in 3Q06. PCCW with 638,000 subscribers was the largest IPTV operator.
News categories: DITTBERNER, Belgium, Broadband, Digital TV, France, Hong Kong, IPTV, Italy, Market Research, Morocco, Netherlands, Russia, Spain, Sweden, UK
- Infovista enables user experience testing for OTT and 5G apps and services
- UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
- Another record month for U.S. streaming in April
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated