Digital TV News: Maroc Telecom
fuboTV Inc. to acquire Molotov SAS
Nov 9, 2021 – fuboTV (NYSE: FUBO) has agreed to acquire France's Molotov SAS. The combined technology capabilities of the two companies will enable fuboTV to launch its streaming platform on a global scale.
News categories: fuboTV, Molotov, David Gandler, JeanDavid Blanc, Africa, Canada, Digital TV, France, MandA, Spain, Streaming, USA
Maroc Telecom launches OTT platform with Molotov
Jul 5, 2021 – Maroc Telecom is leveraging the technology platform developed by Molotov to launch an OTT service with over 80 live channels and thousands of hours of catch-up TV and on-demand programs in Morocco.
News categories: Molotov, Digital Virgo, Maroc Telecom, François Le Pichon, JeanDavid Blanc, Achraf Ammour, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Morocco, Streaming
Maroc Telecom acquires Tigo Chad
Mar 15, 2019 – Maroc Telecom has signed an agreement with Millicom to acquire 100% of the shares of its subsidiary Tigo Chad, the leading mobile operator in Chad. This acquisition aims to enlarge and consolidate the presence of Maroc Telecom in Africa.
News categories: Maroc Telecom, Millicom, Tigo Chad, Chad, MandA
Pay TV spending spree in Middle East and North Africa
Apr 11, 2017 – The pay TV market in the Middle East and North Africa saw record growth in 2016 despite harsh economic conditions, according to IHS Markit. Pay TV households topped the five million mark for the first time in the region’s history.
News categories: IHS Markit, Constantinos Papavassilopoulos, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite, Subscribers
Pay TV growing fastest in the MENA region
Apr 26, 2015 – According to IHS (NYSE: IHS), 2014 was another year of substantial growth for the pay TV market in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region, with pay TV revenues jumping from €702 million in 2013 to €873 million in 2014.
News categories: IHS Inc, Constantinos Papavassilopoulos, Algeria, Bahrain, Digital TV, Egypt, IPTV, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Market Research, Middle-East, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, Subscribers, Tunisia, UAE
Maroc Telecom consolidated revenues at December 31, 2008
Jan 19, 2009 – Maroc Telecom's landline Internet customer base reached 482,000 lines at the end of 2008, up 1.3% compared to 2007, to which nearly 30,000 Internet Mobile 3G+ and 10,000 IPTV customers have to be added.
News categories: Maroc Telecom, IPTV, Morocco, Results, Subscribers
IPTV Subscribers Grow 19% in 3Q06!
Dec 29, 2006 – According to DITTBERNER's recently released report "Global Broadband Subscriber Survey", IPTV subscribers grew 19% to 2.7 Million in 3Q06. PCCW with 638,000 subscribers was the largest IPTV operator.
News categories: DITTBERNER, Belgium, Broadband, Digital TV, France, Hong Kong, IPTV, Italy, Market Research, Morocco, Netherlands, Russia, Spain, Sweden, UK
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership
- CIMM, 4A's and TVB looking at action plan for U.S. local TV measurement
- U.S. TV viewing remained high in December