Digital TV News: RPA
FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028
Jun 5, 2023 – The Central and Eastern European (CEE) market is on track to reach $42m in FAST revenues by 2028 according to Omdia. CEE joins a buoyant market currently dominated by the US.
News categories: Omdia, Maria Rua Aguete, Advertising, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Streaming
DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
May 31, 2023 – DISH Media has launched DISH Connected, a solution that allows DISH TV's live linear inventory to be programmatically executed, delivering real-time, targeted ads to DISH set-top boxes.
News categories: DISH Media, Kevin Arrix, Matt McLeggon, Verna De Jesus, Advertising, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Chinese brands boost global TV shipments to pre-pandemic levels
May 16, 2023 – TrendForce has found that Chinese brands have pushed global TV shipments in 1Q23 to 43.37 million units. In 2Q23 shipments are expected to recover to pre-pandemic levels at 47.26 million units.
News categories: TrendForce, China, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
CTV now accounts for over half of global video impressions
May 11, 2023 – CTV now accounts for 51% of global video impression share, an increase of 10.9% compared to 2021 - with mobile and desktop steadily declining - according to a report from Innovid (NYSE: CTV).
News categories: Innovid, Dave Helmreich, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
Broadcast and Media technology market recovers strongly from the pandemic
Apr 14, 2023 – IABM and Caretta Research have released sizing data for the Broadcast and Media technology market. The industry dropped by 1.9% in 2019, with a further 1.9% in 2020, before rebounding with 7.9% growth in 2021.
News categories: IABM, Caretta Research, Peter White, Rob Ambrose, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Japan to exceed $130bn in 2027
Apr 18, 2023 – Telecom and pay-TV service revenue in Japan is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.7% from 2022-2027, mainly supported by the mobile data and fixed broadband segments, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Sarwat Zeeshan, Japan, Market Research, Mobile
Cumulative US piracy loss for streaming services to exceed $113bn by 2027
Apr 18, 2023 – Parks Associates has announced that by the end of 2027, there will be a cumulative loss to piracy of $113 billion for streaming video providers serving US consumers.
News categories: Parks Associates, Steve Hawley, Sarah Lee, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, NABShow, Streaming, USA
SES secures €75m of German video contract extensions
Apr 13, 2023 – SES has signed multi-year capacity agreements with multiple broadcasters, enabling millions of satellite TV households across Germany to continue watching SD and HD content.
News categories: SES S.A, Norbert Hölzle, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, Satellite
Pixalate releases February 2023 CTV device market share report
Apr 7, 2023 – Pixalate has released its February 2023 CTV Device Global Market Share Report. The report reveals the top CTV devices across key regions based on the share of open programmatic ad traffic.
News categories: Pixalate, Advertising, Asia, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, North America, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming
- Atmosic SoC approved for Google Android TV remote controls
- Bell Media unveils new and expanded ad solutions
- Irdeto ensures integrity of apps running on OSNtv
- Thales and Netskrt Systems collaborate on inflight VOD streaming
- Samsung chip to power Hyundai in-vehicle infotainment
- Radio Television Hong Kong selects Irdeto multi-DRM solution
- Spectrum Reach taps Beachfront for programmatic monetization of convergent TV
- Netgem enables multiscreen TV for ZEOP with new UI on Android TV
- KCGM deploys Amagi SaaS offering to distribute anime channel in India
- Leading industry players join IAB Tech Lab advertising standards group
- DingoTV streaming service adds gamification with Edge Video
- Foxxum partners with OTTera to expand app portfolio
- Taiwan Mobile selects Broadpeak for live video streaming to mobiles
- TV Globo affiliate EPTV turns to MediaKind for IP video edge upgrade
- tvOS 17 brings FaceTime and video conferencing to Apple TV 4K
- VIDAA to bring Paramount+ to viewers in Canada and Latin America
- AR/VR headset shipments slowed in Q1 2023
- Introducing Apple Vision Pro: Apple’s first spatial computer
- 49% of U.S. adults watch video via a CTV device daily
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028