Digital TV News: Roku
Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
May 19, 2022 – Global streaming grew 10% globally, including continued growth in mature markets like North America (5%) and Europe (9%), during the first quarter of 2022 as compared to Q1 2021, according to the latest State of Streaming report from Conviva.
News categories: Conviva, Keith Zubchevich, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
May 19, 2022 – Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) has expanded deduplication of CTV audiences to include Smart TV OEM inventory, providing viewership data inclusive of co-viewing across Samsung and VIZIO devices, in addition to other streaming platforms.
News categories: Nielsen, Ameneh Atai, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Future Today integrates Publica's server-side ad insertion technology
May 3, 2022 – Future Today has announced a collaboration with Publica (Nasdaq: IAS) to power its server-side ad insertion (SSAI). Publica's solution enables the seamless delivery of CTV advertising by stitching ads directly into the video stream.
News categories: Publica, Future Today, Ben Antier, Vikrant Mathur, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Paramount+ reveals global expansion plans
May 3, 2022 – Paramount+ (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA) will launch in the UK and Ireland on 22 June 2022. Paramount+ will also launch in South Korea in June, with further launches planned in Italy, Germany, France, Switzerland and Austria in 2H 2022.
News categories: Paramount, Raffaele Annecchino, Maria Kyriacou, Austria, Digital TV, France, Germany, India, Ireland, Italy, Korea, Streaming, Switzerland, UK
Switch Media provides online platform for Digital Health Networks’ OTT launch
May 3, 2022 – Switch Media has announced its first foray in the U.S. and Canadian markets with the launch of an end-to-end online content publishing platform for wellness start-up service, Digital Health Networks (DHN).
News categories: Switch Media, Digital Health Networks, Mark Johns, Jon Cody, Apps, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Tubi expands relationship with Nielsen
Apr 29, 2022 – Tubi has announced that it's working on an expansion of its current integration with Nielsen that will allow for enhanced and comprehensive measurement through Nielsen’s Digital Ad Ratings (DAR) product.
News categories: Tubi, Nielsen, Mark Rotblat, Ameneh Atai, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Telstra adopts Fetch as TV platform provider
Apr 28, 2022 – Telstra has selected Fetch as its platform for Telstra TV. Telstra will invest around A$50m including provision for onboarding Telstra TV customers onto Fetch, resulting in Telstra acquiring a 51% stake in the company.
News categories: Telstra, Fetch TV, Kim Krogh Andersen, Scott Lorson, Australia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MandA, UX
TvStartup launches OTT video management platform at NAB 2022
Apr 23, 2022 – TvStartup Inc. has launched its Video CMS Software. Video CMS Software is the next level of TvStartup's OTT platform, which offers a turn-key solution for video and audio creators to own, launch and monetize internet TV channels.
News categories: TvStartup, Brock Fisher, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, Worldwide
ADTH and Tolka debut ATSC 3.0 receivers at NAB Show 2022
Apr 20, 2022 – Atlanta DTH will debut two additions to its product range at the NAB Show. Developed in partnership with Tolka, the products are its new ATSC 3.0 Gateway TV receiver and DGI-NexGen-Solo ultra-compact USB-powered plug-in ATSC 3.0 digital TV receiver.
News categories: Atlanta DTH, Tolka, ATSC 3, Digital TV, NABShow, Set Top Box, USA
- Infovista enables user experience testing for OTT and 5G apps and services
- UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
- Another record month for U.S. streaming in April
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated