Digital TV News: Steve McCaffery
Foxtel selects CommScope for its iQ4 set-top box in Australia
Oct 7, 2019 – CommScope has announced that the New Foxtel Experience leverages CommScope technology to deliver thousands of hours of TV and on-demand movies as well as access to Netflix for subscribers in Australia through Foxtel’s iQ4 set-top box.
News categories: CommScope, Foxtel, Steve McCaffery, Apps, Australia, Cable TV, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, UX
ARRIS extends growth with customer wins in APAC
Oct 23, 2018 – ARRIS International (NASDAQ: ARRS) has announced two high-profile customer wins – Foxtel (Australia) and SK Broadband (Korea)– showcasing continued international momentum for its expanded portfolio.
News categories: ARRIS International, Foxtel, SK Broadband, Steve McCaffery, Australia, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Satellite, Set Top Box
ARRIS announcing additional customer wins at IBC
Sep 13, 2018 – ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) has announced a number of customer wins from around the world. Recent wins with HBO Latin America, Liberty Global in Germany, Sky Italia and Stofa in Denmark underscore ARRIS's international leadership.
News categories: ARRIS International, Steve McCaffery, Cable TV, Denmark, Digital TV, Germany, IBCShowcase, Italy, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK
Intigral chooses ARRIS STBs for Jawwy TV home entertainment service
Jun 12, 2018 – Saudi Telecom subsidiary, Intigral, has chosen ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) to provide products and services for its first digital entertainment offering, Jawwy TV, in Saudi Arabia. ARRIS's VIP4302W OTT set-top will power the service.
News categories: ARRIS International, Intigral, Steve McCaffery, Hamoud Al Rumayan, Digital TV, HTML5, OTT, Saudi Arabia, Set Top Box
MultiChoice launches ARRIS HD PVR with HEVC for streaming
Nov 10, 2016 – MultiChoice has launched the DStv Explora 2 decoder from ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) to customers in South Africa and Sub-Saharan Africa. Its HEVC technology will reduce the bandwidth needed to stream or download shows.
News categories: ARRIS International, Naspers, Steve McCaffery, Gerdus van Eeden, Africa, Digital TV, Media Player, Satellite, Set Top Box, South Africa
Telia deploys ARRIS IPTV STBs in Sweden and Finland
Oct 25, 2016 – Telia has selected the VIP4302 set-top from ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) to deliver IPTV services to its TV and streaming customers in Sweden and Finland. The new service offers IPTV content with Netflix and YouTube integrated.
News categories: ARRIS International, Telia, Steve McCaffery, Christofer Peilitz, Digital TV, Finland, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box, Sweden
Portugal Telecom selects ARRIS STBs for MEO 4K service
Sep 9, 2016 – ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) has announced that Portugal Telecom has selected the ARRIS VIP5662EW Ultra-HD set-top for its recently launched MEO 4K service in Portugal. The VIP5662EW, known as the MEOBox4k for MEO customers, is an HEVC IP set-top.
News categories: ARRIS International, Portugal Telecom, Steve McCaffery, Luis Nascimento, Digital TV, IPTV, Portugal, Set Top Box
Telefónica selects ARRIS as set-top box strategic partner
Sep 9, 2016 – Telefónica has selected ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) to develop a comprehensive range of new set-tops. The new platform follows a modular approach that leverages Telefónica's scale to deliver video services to its subscribers.
News categories: ARRIS International, Telefónica, Steve McCaffery, Brazil, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Latin America, Satellite, Set Top Box, Spain
Intigral selects ARRIS wireless HEVC STBs in the Middle-East
Sep 8, 2016 – Intigral has selected ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) to support the deployment of a new video delivery service. ARRIS was selected following a market evaluation of its VIP4302W set-tops, including the KreaTV OS and services.
News categories: ARRIS, Intigral, IPTV, Middle-East, Middleware, Set Top Box
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic