Digital TV News: Steve McCaffery
Foxtel selects CommScope for its iQ4 set-top box in Australia
Oct 7, 2019 – CommScope has announced that the New Foxtel Experience leverages CommScope technology to deliver thousands of hours of TV and on-demand movies as well as access to Netflix for subscribers in Australia through Foxtel’s iQ4 set-top box.
News categories: CommScope, Foxtel, Steve McCaffery, Apps, Australia, Cable TV, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, UX
ARRIS extends growth with customer wins in APAC
Oct 23, 2018 – ARRIS International (NASDAQ: ARRS) has announced two high-profile customer wins – Foxtel (Australia) and SK Broadband (Korea)– showcasing continued international momentum for its expanded portfolio.
News categories: ARRIS International, Foxtel, SK Broadband, Steve McCaffery, Australia, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Satellite, Set Top Box
ARRIS announcing additional customer wins at IBC
Sep 13, 2018 – ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) has announced a number of customer wins from around the world. Recent wins with HBO Latin America, Liberty Global in Germany, Sky Italia and Stofa in Denmark underscore ARRIS's international leadership.
News categories: ARRIS International, Steve McCaffery, Cable TV, Denmark, Digital TV, Germany, IBC2023, Italy, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK
Intigral chooses ARRIS STBs for Jawwy TV home entertainment service
Jun 12, 2018 – Saudi Telecom subsidiary, Intigral, has chosen ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) to provide products and services for its first digital entertainment offering, Jawwy TV, in Saudi Arabia. ARRIS's VIP4302W OTT set-top will power the service.
News categories: ARRIS International, Intigral, Steve McCaffery, Hamoud Al Rumayan, Digital TV, HTML5, Saudi Arabia, Set Top Box, Streaming
MultiChoice launches ARRIS HD PVR with HEVC for streaming
Nov 10, 2016 – MultiChoice has launched the DStv Explora 2 decoder from ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) to customers in South Africa and Sub-Saharan Africa. Its HEVC technology will reduce the bandwidth needed to stream or download shows.
News categories: ARRIS International, Naspers, Steve McCaffery, Gerdus van Eeden, Africa, Digital TV, Media Player, Satellite, Set Top Box, South Africa
Telia deploys ARRIS IPTV STBs in Sweden and Finland
Oct 25, 2016 – Telia has selected the VIP4302 set-top from ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) to deliver IPTV services to its TV and streaming customers in Sweden and Finland. The new service offers IPTV content with Netflix and YouTube integrated.
News categories: ARRIS International, Telia, Steve McCaffery, Christofer Peilitz, Digital TV, Finland, IPTV, Set Top Box, Streaming, Sweden
Portugal Telecom selects ARRIS STBs for MEO 4K service
Sep 9, 2016 – ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) has announced that Portugal Telecom has selected the ARRIS VIP5662EW Ultra-HD set-top for its recently launched MEO 4K service in Portugal. The VIP5662EW, known as the MEOBox4k for MEO customers, is an HEVC IP set-top.
News categories: ARRIS International, Portugal Telecom, Steve McCaffery, Luis Nascimento, Digital TV, IPTV, Portugal, Set Top Box
Telefónica selects ARRIS as set-top box strategic partner
Sep 9, 2016 – Telefónica has selected ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) to develop a comprehensive range of new set-tops. The new platform follows a modular approach that leverages Telefónica's scale to deliver video services to its subscribers.
News categories: ARRIS International, Telefónica, Steve McCaffery, Brazil, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Latin America, Satellite, Set Top Box, Spain
Intigral selects ARRIS wireless HEVC STBs in the Middle-East
Sep 8, 2016 – Intigral has selected ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) to support the deployment of a new video delivery service. ARRIS was selected following a market evaluation of its VIP4302W set-tops, including the KreaTV OS and services.
News categories: ARRIS, Intigral, IPTV, Middle-East, Middleware, Set Top Box
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification
- Bouygues Telecom streams video in Multicast ABR with Broadpeak
- iWedia releases test solution for HbbTV device compliance
- Utomik to bring cloud gaming to VIDAA Smart TVs
- Avid provides Iceland's RÚV with ingest and playout solution
- Global pay TV penetration to fall for the first time in 2024