Digital TV News: Foxxum
Foxxum CTV OS launches with El Araby Group on Mediatek SoCs
Jan 4, 2022 – Foxxum has announced El Araby is the first client for its Foxxum CTV OS on MediaTek chipsets. Foxxum CTV OS will be available on El Araby’s smart TV devices as an additional option to their pre-existing TV line-up.
News categories: Foxxum, El Araby, Mehmet Eroglu, Dirk Wittenborg, Mohamed Negmeldin, Digital TV, Egypt, Middleware, Smart TV
Foxxum and Cinemo to bring CTV to in-vehicle infotainment systems
Dec 23, 2021 – Foxxum is collaborating with Cinemo, a global leader in automotive infotainment embedded solutions, to power a new In-Vehicle Infotainment (IVI) experience using Foxxum's software and customizable CTV solutions.
News categories: Foxxum, Cinemo, Ronny Lutzi, CES2022, Digital TV, In-Car, Streaming, Worldwide
Fire TV has high penetration in Germany but falls behind on usage
Nov 9, 2020 – HbbTV, Amazon Fire TV, and Samsung Tizen are today most often found in Germans' living rooms. However, when looking at actual usage, the importance of the TV platforms of Telekom, Vodafone and Sky is already becoming apparent.
News categories: TeraVolt, Android TV, Apps, Digital TV, Germany, HbbTV, Market Research, RDK, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Cinedigm’s Viewster app available on Foxxum-supporting devices
Feb 10, 2020 – As part of the re-launch of Cinedigm’s (NASDAQ: CIDM) Viewster AVOD service, the company has announced a partnership with Foxxum to expand Viewster’s device support to include Foxxum-supported devices worldwide.
News categories: Cinedigm, Foxxum, Tony Huidor, Ronny Lutzi, Apps, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Foxxum to develop app store for Konka ODM TVs
Jan 14, 2020 – Konka has signed a collaboration agreement with Foxxum to develop a fully customizable portal for Konka’s ODM customers. The portal will pre-integrate Foxxum's library of apps to offer an entertaining end-user experience.
News categories: Foxxum, Konka, Ronny Lutzi, Apps, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
iflix app to be available on Foxxum-enabled devices in emerging markets
Apr 13, 2019 – Foxxum has announced a partnership with iflix. As part of the deal, the iflix app will be made available on Foxxum-enabled devices in key markets including Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines. The deal will deliver iflix content to millions of connected devices.
News categories: Foxxum, iflix, Ronny Lutzi, Goncalo Carvalho, Apps, Digital TV, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Smart TV, Streaming
Asano Smart TVs to feature the Foxxum app store
Feb 25, 2019 – Foxxum has introduced Asano as a Smart TV partner, with Asano integrating the Foxxum app store. The app store features global and local apps and will be available on Asano Linux and AOSP OS-based devices from the beginning of 2019.
News categories: Foxxum, Asano, Ronny Lutzi, He Xing, Apps, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
HKC will integrate the Foxxum app store
Feb 15, 2019 – Foxxum has announced HKC as a Smart TV partner. HKC will integrate the Foxxum app store on all sold devices to enable a cutting edge Smart TV solution paired with high quality and price aggressive TV devices.
News categories: Foxxum, HKC, Ronny Lutzi, Zhanlei Mo, Apps, China, Digital TV, Smart TV
ACCESS and Foxxum provide UX solution for AOSP smart TVs
Sep 10, 2018 – ACCESS and Foxxum have announced a collaboration to offer UIs for services based on Linux for Android Open Source Project (AOSP). The solution enables operators to offer smart TV UXs that rival Android TV and proprietary solutions.
News categories: ACCESS CO, Foxxum, Dr Neale Foster, Ronny Lutzi, Android TV, Digital TV, HTML5, IBC2022, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
- Evoca expands to Denver with Altitude Sports
- European Parliament agrees Digital Services Act (DSA) proposal
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 25.1% in 2021
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market
- Five million Brits spending full working day on streaming sites
- Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
- ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope