Digital TV News: Informa Telecoms & Media
Hisense TVs to feature NanoTech's UltraFlix 4K streaming app
Jan 7, 2015 – NanoTech Entertainment (OTCPINK: NTEK) has announced that it has signed an agreement with Hisense. Under the agreement, NanoTech's all 4K UltraFlix Network App will be bundled with Hisense's 4K Ultra HD TV product line.
News categories: NanoTech Entertainment, Hisense, Aaron Taylor, Erin Magee, Apps, CES2023, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Smart TVs purchased in 2012 effectively obsolete by 2015
Nov 28, 2012 – With their long lifecycles, TVs are not the right device to be the hub of the digital home. Instead, devices that are regularly replaced will be the key devices in the digital home experience, according to Informa Telecoms & Media.
News categories: Informa Telecoms & Media, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Streaming
Global online video market will be worth US$37 billion in 2017
Nov 22, 2012 – According to Informa Telecoms & Media, the global online-video market will be worth US$37 billion in 2017, driven by the popularity of services like Netflix and YouTube. Advertising will continue to be a larger revenue generator than subscriptions in 2017, as it is in 2012.
News categories: Informa Telecoms & Media, Market Research, Streaming
Asia Pac TV market to pass one billion TV sets in 2012
Apr 24, 2012 – According to Informa Telecoms & Media, Asia Pacific is the world's largest TV market and will pass the one billion TV sets mark this year. The region leads the way in terms of pay-TV subscribers with 394 million households taking pay-TV at the end of 2011.
News categories: Informa Telecoms & Media, Australia, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Market Research, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Smart TV, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam
Connected TVs and Smartphones Providing Polar Opposite Challenges for CDNs
Jan 3, 2012 – In the next five years CDNs are going to be faced with the challenge of delivering increasingly large volumes of OTT video. In 2011 Informa expects OTT video will account for 32.6 Exabytes (EB) of network traffic over fixed line broadband in Asia alone.
News categories: Informa Telecoms & Media, Asia, Market Research, Mobile, Smart TV, Smartphone, Streaming, Tablet
94% of UK households will be HDTV-ready by 2016
Aug 24, 2011 – 94% of UK households will have a TV set capable of receiving HD programming by 2016, according to the latest forecasts from Informa Telecoms & Media. This compares favorably with the worldwide average of 48% and puts the UK third globally.
News categories: Informa Telecoms & Media, Market Research, Smart TV, UK
OTT TV viewers to outnumber IPTV viewers in 2013
Mar 22, 2011 – According to recent research from Informa Telecoms & Media, OTT-to-the-TV viewers will outnumber IPTV viewers by 2013. Informa forecasts that by 2015, 380 million people globally will view online video via connected devices.
News categories: Informa Telecoms & Media, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Streaming, Video Exchange
Hong Kong leads the way in the Asia Pacific IPTV market
Nov 23, 2010 – Hong Kong has sealed its place as the leading IPTV market in the Asia Pacific region with just over 51.1% of homes receiving IPTV services at end-June this year, according to latest figures from Informa Telecoms & Media.
News categories: Informa Telecoms & Media, China, Digital TV, Hong Kong, IPTV, Japan, Korea, Market Research, Singapore, Taiwan, Video Exchange
Pan-European 3D Channel Brava3D Starts on Astra
Nov 22, 2010 – SES ASTRA (Paris, LuxX: SESG) has announced that the Dutch TV channel Brava3D started broadcasting via the ASTRA satellite at 23.5 degrees East. Brava3D is the first pan-European 3D channel providing a mix of classical music, opera and ballet in 3D quality.
News categories: SES ASTRA, Europe, Metaverse, Satellite
- Vewd brings in-vehicle streaming to Renesas R-Car automotive chipsets
- Omdia expects pay TV & online video subscriptions to pass 3 billion in 2027
- SeaChange Advanced Advertising Platform selected by Armstrong and BEAM
- U.S. streaming video consumers becoming more price sensitive
- SES-22 to launch on June 29th
- Euronews added to ZEASN's FAST service for smart TVs
- Orange to integrate DAZN sports in Spain
- BuyDRM to provide streaming security for Samsung TV Plus
- MEASAT-3d and GSAT-24 successfully placed into orbit
- Horizon Media to trial Comscore Local TV measurement data
- TikTok now available on VIZIO Smart TVs
- Irdeto announces results for its 2022 financial year
- Magnite launches programmatic offering in Australia with Samsung Ads
- Comscore adds multi-platform CTV measurement for India
- Frost & Sullivan names Samba TV #1 in TV viewership data capability
- South Korea pay-TV revenues to grow slowly to $6.9bn by end 2026
- UK's BARB releases Establishment Survey data for Q1 2022
- Metaverse Standards Forum launched
- Tremor International makes strategic investment in VIDAA
- By 2024, U.S. traditional pay-TV to have declined to 76.7 million households