Digital TV News: RDK
Wyplay integrates Hoppr targeted advertising solution
Dec 6, 2021 – Wyplay has announced that it has integrated the Hoppr Ad Platform into its premium user experiences, providing new monetization opportunities for TV operators on STB operating systems such as Android TV, RDK and Linux.
News categories: Wyplay, Hoppr, Dominique FERAL, Cyril Daoud, Advertising, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Worldwide
ZTE debuted RDK and Common Broadcast Stack STBs at IBC 2021
Dec 7, 2021 – ZTE (0763.HK/000063.SZ) launched two set-top boxes (STBs), its 4K IP STB ZXV10 B870V2J supporting Reference Design Kit (RDK) and its DVB hybrid STB ZXV10 B836CTSI-A20 supporting Common Broadcast Stack, at IBC 2021 held online.
News categories: ZTE Corp, Digital TV, IBC2022, RDK, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Amino launches operator-ready RDK-V devices
Nov 9, 2021 – Amino has become an RDK Video Accelerator (RDK-VA) member and now has RDK-V devices and software systems ready for deployment. The first device to receive RDK-VA certification will be the R180.
News categories: Amino, Aferian, Jonny McKee, Donald McGarva, Digital TV, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Sky Glass powered by Amlogic and RDK
Oct 22, 2021 – Amlogic has announced that Sky Glass, the streaming TV from Sky, is based on its Amlogic T962 series of chipsets and RDK driver platform, enabling the TV to run OTT streaming apps as well as handle DVB-T2 TV signals and Pay TV.
News categories: Amlogic, Sky, RDK, Trevor Neal, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Streaming, UK
Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
Sep 21, 2021 – According to Dataxis, at Q2 2021, Android TV could be found on around 26% of the global advanced STB installed base. Although striking, the share of Google’s platform actually decreased from 40% in 2015.
News categories: Dataxis, Android TV, Digital TV, Market Research, RDK, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Vewd enables video calling and targeted advertising on the TV
Sep 16, 2021 – Vewd has released Vewd Core 4.22, the latest version of its HTML5 and streaming SDK for connected TV devices. New features include support for video calling and advanced advertising on TV.
News categories: Vewd, Sascha Prüter, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Software, Worldwide
Credersi selected to provide global training to RDK community
Sep 13, 2021 – Credersi has announced that it will develop a global training programme for RDK. The training programme will include RDK for video, broadband, and cameras to train and certify technicians and corporations in RDK software integration.
News categories: Credersi, RDK Management, Andy Lord, Jason Briggs, Digital TV, RDK, UK, Worldwide
DTVKit releases Hybrid White Label RDK set-top box
Sep 8, 2021 – To enable OEMs and smaller satellite operators to test and evaluate RDK, DTVKit has collaborated with its members, including RDK, Mediatek, EKT and OBS, to develop a Hybrid White Label set-top box.
News categories: DTVKit, RDK Management, Phil Evans, Jason Briggs, Paul Martin, Winson Hsu, Digital TV, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
DTVKit welcomes RDK Management as latest member
Jul 15, 2021 – DTVKit’s DVB Core is now officially pre-integrated with the RDK. This means that the Raspberry Pi reference platform will build to include DTVKit support direct from the RDK repositories.
News categories: DTVKit, RDK Management, Phil Evans, Jason Briggs, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- Bezeq signs distribution agreement for Disney+
- Synamedia acquires content discovery platform provider, Utelly
- Gracenote launches Streaming Channels Data
- Mongolia's Univision selects end-to-end solution from Viaccess-Orca
- TV5MONDE expands global reach with Harmonic cloud streaming
- SUPER RTL launch TOGGO multiscreen service enabled by 3SS
- 24i launches 24iQ personalization and recommendations service
- Great Wall Motor selects ACCESS-powered IVI system from BEAN TECH
- Infovista enables user experience testing for OTT and 5G apps and services
- UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
- Another record month for U.S. streaming in April
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G