Digital TV News: YouTube
Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
Nov 29, 2023 – US cable and satellite pay-TV services are set to face subscription declines in the coming years as their remaining viewers increasingly shift to OTT streaming services, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Tammy Parker, Digital TV, Market Research, TV Services, USA
Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
Nov 27, 2023 – The DASH-IF Conformance Tool has been updated. Along with DASH content conformance, the new tool has options to check CMAF and WAVE requirements, as well as HLS compliance.
News categories: DASH-IF, Content Distribution, Digital TV, QoE, Streaming, Worldwide
Top U.S. pay-TV providers lost 465,000 subscribers in 3Q 2023
Nov 14, 2023 – Leichtman Research Grouphas found that the largest pay-TV providers in the U.S. lost about 465,000 net video subscribers in 3Q 2023, compared to a pro forma net loss of about 385,000 in 3Q 2022.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Bruce Leichtman, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
LG expands platform offer with new webOS Hub 2.0S
Nov 17, 2023 – LG has announced that the its webOS Hub 2.0S for third party brands is branching out to include smart monitors, as well as providing more options for brands to offer a customizable user experience.
News categories: LG Electronics, Digital TV, Smart TV, TV OS, Worldwide
Prime Video maintains top position in U.S. subscription video
Oct 31, 2023 – Parks Associates has released its updated list of the top 10 US subscription streaming video services, based on estimated numbers of subscribers through September 2023.
News categories: Parks Associates, Jennifer Kent, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
LG automotive content platform for Hyundai Genesis brand
Nov 1, 2023 – LG has announced that it will supply its in-vehicle infotainment system – featuring webOS for Automotive, with YouTube's native TV app – for Hyundai Motor's new Genesis models.
News categories: LG Electronics, Hyundai Motor, YouTube, Eun Seok-hyun, Kwon Hae-young, Tony Archibong, Content Distribution, Digital TV, In-Car, Streaming, USA
A1 Group to include Netflix in its portfolio of products
Oct 18, 2023 – A1 Group is to include Netflix in its A1 products with customers able to access Netflix from any of their screens. Netflix will also be integrated into the company's Xplore TV Box.
News categories: A1 Group, Netflix, Alejandro Plater, Maja Porczyńska, Apps, Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, Digital TV, IPTV, Macedonia, Serbia, Set Top Box, Slovenia, Streaming
Grey Juice Lab to support 3SS content ecosystem expansion
Oct 12, 2023 – 3SS has selected Grey Juice Lab as a partner to help scale and accelerate the onboarding of content partners to 3SS' 3Ready entertainment platform in automotive and operator environments.
News categories: 3SS, Grey Juice Lab, Content Distribution, Digital TV, In-Car, TV Services, UX, Worldwide
ACCESS partners with BMW on in-car video entertainment
Oct 10, 2023 – The first BMW cars have hit the road with ACCESS Europe's Twine4Car video entertainment for vehicles installed. Twine4Car provides access to a wide array of video and gaming options.
News categories: ACCESS Europe, BMW, Digital TV, In-Car, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
- YMEDIA launches tokenized AI Smart TV ad network
- Barb awards metadata, interim overnight programme and commercial logs contracts
- FreeWheel and OrkaTV bring FAST channel access to advertisers
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery