Digital TV News: YouTube
Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
Sep 21, 2021 – Attest has released its third annual US Media Consumption Report. The report points to a significant decrease in the desire of Americans to sit in front of a TV screen for prolonged periods of time.
News categories: Attest, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform
Sep 21, 2021 – Netgem TV has announced that it will be powering Pure TV, a new offering in the Irish streaming market. Netgem provides a TV service for ISPs that allows them to augment their broadband packages.
News categories: Netgem, Pure Telecom, Sylvain Thevenot, Paul Connell, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Ireland
Conviva releases State of Streaming: Content Discovery report
Sep 20, 2021 – Conviva has released its State of Streaming: Content Discovery report for 2021. The report shows content streamed for the first time is discovered in four ways: word of mouth, advertising, social media and streaming service recommendations.
News categories: Conviva, Keith Zubchevich, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
fuboTV available on VIZIO SmartCast TVs
Sep 9, 2021 – fuboTV (NYSE: FUBO) is now available on the VIZIO (NYSE: VZIO) SmartCast platform. With fuboTV, SmartCast users can enjoy more than 100 channels streaming live sporting events plus news and entertainment content.
News categories: VIZIO, fuboTV, Katherine Pond, Len Landi, Apps, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Conviva releases State of Streaming: Europe report for Q2 2021
Sep 9, 2021 – Conviva has released its State of Streaming: Europe report for Q2 2021, revealing streaming growth in Europe held onto pandemic gains, growing 19% Y-o-Y, outpacing global streaming growth (13%) for the same time period.
News categories: Conviva, Keith Zubchevich, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Streaming
Foxtel launches iQ5 streaming set top box
Sep 7, 2021 – Foxtel has announced the launch of its iQ5 streaming set top box. The iQ5 features a plug and play set-up allowing customers stream Foxtel content within minutes, with no cable or satellite installation required.
News categories: Foxtel, Patrick Delany, Australia, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming
coocaa introduces Coolita OS Smart TV operating system
Sep 1, 2021 – coocaa has launched Coolita OS, the brand's self-developed smart TV operating system (OS). Initially available in SE Asian markets, the OS delivers a lighter, smoother, and more convenient user experience.
News categories: coocaa, Raul Hua, Digital TV, India, Indonesia, Middleware, Smart TV, Thailand, Vietnam
SE Asia online video revenues to reach $4.5bn in 2025
Aug 31, 2021 – Online video market revenues in South East Asia are set to rise to $4.5bn by the end of 2025 according to Omdia. It's forecast that 62% revenues will come from advertising in 2025.
News categories: Omdia, Kia Ling Teoh, Jun Wen Woo, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
HBO Max and YouTube added to Spectrum Guide
Aug 30, 2021 – Spectrum has announced the launch of HBO Max and YouTube within Spectrum Guide on eligible devices across its service area, providing customers with access to the streaming services directly from the Spectrum TV platform.
News categories: Charter Communications, Elena Ritchie, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA, UX
- Roku launches player line-up for Germany
- 5G Broadcast and DTT can share UHF band and broadcast infrastructure
- SVOD household penetration in Malaysia to reach 27% in 2025
- Accedo powers Arabic SVOD service from TenTime
- Wurl unveils performance marketing service for streamers
- Origin selects Kantar for UK media measurement
- Germany to overtake the UK by SVOD subscribers
- Roku launches OneView ad platform for Canada
- NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
- Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way