Digital TV News: Janice Lee
Viu top major video streaming platform in Southeast Asia
Jun 15, 2020 – Viu (SEHK:0008), with more than 41 million monthly active users, has announced findings from a report covering Q1 2020 from AMPD Research, a subsidiary of Media Partners Asia (MPA).
News categories: Viu, AMPD Research, Janice Lee, Asia, Digital TV, Indonesia, Market Research, OTT
Viu reaches 41.4 million monthly active users
Feb 17, 2020 – Viu (SEHK:0008) has announced that it reached 41.4 million monthly active users at the end of 2019, representing an increase of 35% over 2018. Additionally, video views grew 69% to 5.7 billion year-over-year, supporting growth in its video segment revenue.
News categories: Viu, Janice Lee, Africa, Asia, Digital TV, Middle-East, OTT, Results, Subscribers
PCCW's OTT service adds additional investors
Aug 10, 2017 – PCCW Media (SEHK:0008) is introducing Hony Capital, Foxconn Ventures and Temasek as investors in PCCW International OTT (Cayman Islands) Holdings Limited. The strategic investment will strengthen PCCW OTT’s ability to enhance its core value proposition of relevant content.
News categories: PCCW, Hony Capital, Foxconn, Janice Lee, John Zhao, Fang Ming Lu, Asia, Digital TV, OTT, Venture Capital
Viu launches in Thailand
May 17, 2017 – Viu has officially launched in Thailand, bringing the service now to 15 markets including Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, India, Indonesia, the Philippines and the Middle East namely Bahrain, Egypt, Jordan, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and UAE.
News categories: PCCW Media, Janice Lee, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, Thailand
Viu hits 6 million active users, 50% growth in 4 months
Apr 25, 2017 – Viu has announced that it hit 6 million monthly active users (MAU) across its markets in March this year, up 50% on November 2016. Viu is now available in Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, India, Indonesia, the Philippines, Oman, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Jordan, Kuwait, Egypt and Bahrain.
News categories: PCCW Media, Janice Lee, Bahrain, Digital TV, Egypt, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Jordan, Kuwait, Malaysia, Oman, OTT, Philippines, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Subscribers, UAE
Viu expands to the Philippines
Nov 29, 2016 – PCCW Media’s OTT video service, Viu, has achieved four million unique users just one year after its launch and has now launched in the Philippines as part of its regional expansion.
News categories: PCCW Media, Janice Lee, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, Philippines
Viu launches SVOD in Singapore with Singtel
Jul 8, 2016 – PCCW Media’s OTT video service, Viu, has launched its premium subscription service in Singapore with Singtel, the largest telecommunications company in Singapore, offering viewers unlimited downloads of their favourite content.
News categories: PCCW Media, Singtel, Janice Lee, Digital TV, OTT, Singapore
1.2 million downloads for Viu OTT app in Hong Kong
Apr 12, 2016 – PCCW Media’s OTT mobile video entertainment platform, Viu, has recorded over 1.2 million downloads in Hong Kong within a short span of six months after its launch last October.
News categories: PCCW Media, Janice Lee, Apps, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Market Research, OTT
NETVIGATOR and NOW TV launch 4K all-in-one TV appliance
Mar 14, 2016 – NETVIGATOR (HKT) and NOW TV (PCCW Media) have introduced 'Now One', an integrated 4K all-in-one appliance. Now One delivers a wide range of features including 4K UHD, IPTV, DTT, OTT, PVR and Near Field Communication (NFC) in one box.
News categories: PCCW Media, HKT, NETVIGATOR, now TV, Janice Lee, Alex Arena, Digital TV, Hong Kong, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India
- VUALTO event orchestration and DRM chosen for ITV Hub VOD delivery
- Nielsen now tracking premium theatrical films on VOD platforms
- rlaxx TV now available on Amazon Fire TV and Android TV
- SK Broadband selects NAGRA forensic watermarking for IPTV STBs
- 24i integrates Float Left Roku framework with its app platform
- Survey shows 27% of U.S. households plan to cut cable TV in 2021
- Cellnex Telecom selects Intertrust DRM for LOVEStv
- Synamedia integrates security and watermarking with Akamai
- Five-year CAGR of 1.1% for pay-TV revenues in Thailand