Digital TV News: DW
Telenet video RGUs down 21,800 in 1Q 2023.
Apr 27, 2023 – Telenet (Brussels: TNET) has announced results for the three months ended March 31, 2023. The company's video customer base was 1,727,800 RGUs at March 31, 2023, down 21,800 in the quarter.
News categories: Telenet, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, Results, Subscribers
Software and services drive U.S. consumer technology market growth
Apr 12, 2023 – The CTA has announced its first U.S. Consumer Technology Software and Services Industry Forecast showing that software and services account for 31% of the U.S. consumer technology market in 2023.
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, Smart Home, Streaming, USA
Intigral selects VisualOn transcoder for its VOD Network
Apr 5, 2023 – VisualOn has announced that Intigral has selected the VisualOn Optimizer to optimize CDN bandwidth and storage cost while maintaining and improving end-user video quality for the VoD network.
News categories: VisualOn, Intigral, Yang Cai, Eyad Al Dwaik, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middle-East, NABShow, Streaming
Innovative Systems renews metadata deal with Red Bee Media
Mar 13, 2023 – Red Bee Media has signed a renewal with Innovative Systems enabling it to continue providing service providers with an engaging EPG experience using Red Bee's enhanced metadata.
News categories: Red Bee Media, Innovative Systems, Jason Marchese, Scott Sobolewski, Big Data, Digital TV, North America, UX
TELUS introduces next generation of Optik TV
Mar 7, 2023 – TELUS has introduced a new Optik TV set-top box with added features including personalized profiles, universal search, voice remote and access to apps through the Google Play Store.
News categories: TELUS, Dwayne Benefield, Android TV, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box
Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
Feb 2, 2023 – Synamedia has unveiled research, conducted by Ampere Analysis, analysing the impact of sports and entertainment piracy and the potential revenues that would result from converting pirate viewers to legal subscribers.
News categories: Synamedia, Ampere Analysis, Avigail Gutman, Guy Bisson, Brazil, Content Protection, Digital TV, Germany, India, Italy, Market Research, Thailand, UK, USA
Paramount+ arrives in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland
Dec 8, 2022 – Paramount+ (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA) has launched in Germany, Switzerland, and Austria, following the launch of the service in France on December 1st, completing a year of global expansion with the service now live in 45 markets.
News categories: Paramount+, Marco Nobili, Austria, Digital TV, Germany, Streaming, Switzerland
83% of US internet households subscribe to at least one OTT service
Nov 18, 2022 – Parks Associates research finds that 83% of US internet households now subscribe to at least one OTT service, while 45% still subscribe to the traditional linear pay-TV service model.
News categories: Parks Associates, FPT Software, Sarah Lee, Ira Dworkin, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Paramount+ adds more European countries
Oct 18, 2022 – Paramount+ will arrive in France on December 1, followed by Germany, Austria and Switzerland on December 8. Paramount+ will also launch on Sky platforms in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
News categories: Paramount, Marco Nobili, Austria, Digital TV, France, Germany, Switzerland
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media
- CHiQ launches latest Google TV series in Europe
- Imagination launches GPU for smart home platforms
- BMW 5 Series to include TiVo video media platform
- Chopin launches streaming service in Poland with Nagra
- Airtel Digital TV subscribers down 39,000 in 1Q 2023
- HBO Max becomes Max
- Tele Columbus selects NAGRA as solution provider for PŸUR TV
- Astro adds WeTV to its Ultra Box
- Comcast introduces NOW TV in the U.S.
- ACCESS offers simple route for operators to add OTT TV services
- Net Solution acquires Beenius IPTV/OTT platform