Digital TV News: FTTH Council
FTTH Council Europe updates FTTH/FTTB figures
Mar 14, 2019 – The latest FTTH Market Panorama prepared by IDATE has been released. The number of FTTH and FTTB subscribers in Europe has increased by 15.7% in the EU39 since September 2017 with more than 59.6 million FTTH/B subscribers in September 2018.
News categories: FTTH Council, Ronan Kelly, Europe, Fibre, Subscribers, Worldwide
FTTH subscribers in Asia-Pacific up 35 percent in one year
Jul 28, 2015 – Figures from IDATE and the FTTH Council Asia-Pacific have revealed that more than 300 million businesses and homes across Asia-Pacific now have access to fiber services - an increase of 36.8% when compared to 2013.
News categories: FTTH Council, IDATE, Peter Macaulay, Asia, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers
Nearly 15 million FTTH/B subscribers in Europe
Feb 11, 2015 – The number of fibre to the home (FTTH) and fibre to the building (FTTB) subscribers in Europe has soared, increasing by 50% over the 12 months ending December 2014, according to the FTTH Council Europe.
News categories: FTTH Council, Karin Ahl, Digital TV, Europe, Fibre, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers
100 million with Fiber-to-the-Home in Asia-Pacific
Nov 25, 2014 – New figures have revealed that 100 million people in the Asia-Pacific region are now subscribed to Fiber-to-the-Home (FTTH) services. The milestone, based on statistics from Ovum, was announced by the FTTH Council Asia-Pacific.
News categories: FTTH Council, Ovum, Dr Bernard Lee, Hasan Munasir Choudhury, Julie Kunstler, Asia, Fibre, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers
UK's Hyperoptic secures £50 million investment
May 23, 2013 – Hyperoptic has announced that it has received an investment commitment of £50 million led by Quantum Strategic Partners. The funding will enable Hyperoptic to reach more than 500,000 UK homes with its 1Gbps fibre broadband, as well as to develop new products such as IPTV.
News categories: Hyperoptic, Fibre, IPTV, UK, Venture Capital
European Fibre Leaders Welcome Turkey to Their Ranks
Feb 9, 2011 – The second half of 2010 was a period of accelerated growth in FTTH networks, both in terms of buildings passed and subscribers connected, the FTTH Council Europe revealed in a presentation to journalists at the FTTH Conference in Milan.
News categories: FTTH Council Europe, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Fibre, Finland, France, IPTV, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Market Research, Netherlands, Norway, OTT, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Turkey
Europe's New Member States continue to dominate the FTTH Rankings
Oct 26, 2010 – The number of fibre-to-the-home subscribers in Europe, including Russia, has increased by 22% over the past six months, thanks to the booming broadband market in the Eastern part of Europe, according to the latest figures from the FTTH Council Europe.
News categories: FTTH Council Europe, BBWF, Broadband, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Fibre, Finland, France, IPTV, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Market Research, Netherlands, Norway, OTT, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden
FTTH growth accelerates in Europe
Feb 24, 2010 – In 2009, growth in terms of subscribers and Homes/Buildings passed has accelerated in Europe. In EU36 (including Russia), there were nearly 3.5 million FTTH/B subscribers and more than 25 million Homes/Buildings Passed.
News categories: IDATE, FTTH Council, Broadband, Denmark, Digital TV, Europe, Fibre, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, IPTV, Italy, Lithuania, Market Research, Middle-East, Netherlands, Norway, OTT, Portugal, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Subscribers, Sweden
FTTH Council Issues First Official European Ranking Of FTTH Market Penetration
Dec 15, 2008 – The first official European Fibre"to"the"Home (FTTH) ranking shows smaller countries leading the way in FTTH connections. Mid-term projections show, however, that bigger economies are closing the gap.
News categories: FTTH Council, Broadband, Denmark, Estonia, Europe, Fibre, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Market Research, Netherlands, Norway, Slovenia, Subscribers, Sweden
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5
- Amagi helps BUZZR unify broadcast and streaming operations
- Minerva Networks and SDMC complete Android TV integration
- 36 million vehicles to ship with Android infotainment systems in 2030