Digital TV News: Opera Software
Opera sells majority of its connected TV business
Dec 20, 2016 – Opera Software and Moore Frères & Company, an investment holding company focused exclusively on the tech, media, and telecom industries, have announced that Moore Frères has acquired a majority, controlling stake in Opera TV.
News categories: Opera TV, Moore Frères, Lars Boilesen, Aneesh Rajaram, Martez R. Moore, Digital TV, MandA, Middleware, Streaming, Worldwide
Golden Brick to acquire non-TV parts of Opera's consumer business
Jul 18, 2016 – Opera and Golden Brick Capital Private Equity Fund I have entered into a share purchase agreement to acquire certain parts of Opera's consumer business. Opera Mediaworks, Opera Apps & Games and Opera TV are not included in the transaction.
News categories: Opera Software, Golden Brick, MandA, Middleware, Worldwide
Opera TV launches on LG Smart TVs
Nov 5, 2015 – Brands, broadcasters and content owners can now extend their existing online video channels and video content catalogs to LG Smart TVs at no extra cost, with Opera TV Snap, the toolkit for generating Smart TV channels.
News categories: Opera Software, LG, Aneesh Rajaram, Apps, Brazil, Digital TV, France, Germany, Italy, Mexico, Smart TV, Spain, UK, USA
Opera TV solutions to power Telechips' OTT platforms
Sep 9, 2015 – Opera Software has announced that with the support of the Opera Devices SDK 4.x series and the Opera TV Store, Telechips will be able to demonstrate live and over-the-top (OTT) premium content streams from partners, such as BBC iPlayer and hundreds of other TV apps.
News categories: Opera Software, Telechips, Aneesh Rajaram, Yongkwon Lee, Digital TV, HTML5, Middleware, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Streaming
Latest Opera TV solution to debut on Android TVs in 2015
Jan 5, 2015 – The industry’s first Blink-based TV rendering engine, by Opera Software, will ship on the latest Smart TVs and entertainment devices based on Android L: on televisions from Sony and connected-TV devices from TCL.
News categories: Opera Software, Sony Corp, TCL, Aneesh Rajaram, Android TV, CES2023, Digital TV, HTML5, Smart TV
Video traffic expected to reach 65% of mobile data within 5 years
Nov 20, 2014 – Mobile Video and Data Optimization Could Deliver Mobile Operator Equipment Savings and Revenue Boost of US$28.7 Billion SINGAPORE — The consumption of mobile telecom services by consumers is no longer proportional to the revenue generated for mobile operators. In many countries, 4G LTE tariff plans have been introduced at the same price points as their […]
News categories: ABI Research, Jake Saunders, 5G, Broadband, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
Altech to offer HTML5 apps via the Opera TV Store
Sep 23, 2014 – Altech Multimedia and Opera Software are extending their partnership to bring the Opera TV Store application platform on board selected Altech set-top boxes, kicking off in Australia before rolling out internationally.
News categories: Opera Software, Altech Multimedia, Aneesh Rajaram, Russell Futter, Apps, Australia, Digital TV, HbbTV, HTML5, Set Top Box
TiVo grows Opera TV Store in U.S. market
Sep 16, 2014 – Opera Software has announced that an increasing number of U.S. cable TV operators are offering apps and video content to their subscriber bases through the Opera TV Store running on TiVo’s whole-home gateway DVR and multi-room client devices.
News categories: Opera Software, Aneesh Rajaram, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, HTML5, Set Top Box, USA
Opera launches advertising solution for connected TV
Sep 9, 2014 – App publishers, Smart TV device manufacturers and pay-TV operators are now able to monetize their content by serving video advertising, on any platform, with the launch by Opera Software of the Opera TV Ads SDK.
News categories: Opera Software, Aneesh Rajaram, Advertising, Apps, Digital TV, HTML5, IBC2022, Smart TV, Worldwide
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership
- CIMM, 4A's and TVB looking at action plan for U.S. local TV measurement
- U.S. TV viewing remained high in December