Digital TV News: Opera Software
Opera sells majority of its connected TV business
Dec 20, 2016 – Opera Software and Moore Frères & Company, an investment holding company focused exclusively on the tech, media, and telecom industries, have announced that Moore Frères has acquired a majority, controlling stake in Opera TV.
News categories: Opera TV, Moore Frères, Lars Boilesen, Aneesh Rajaram, Martez R. Moore, Digital TV, MandA, Middleware, Streaming, Worldwide
Golden Brick to acquire non-TV parts of Opera's consumer business
Jul 18, 2016 – Opera and Golden Brick Capital Private Equity Fund I have entered into a share purchase agreement to acquire certain parts of Opera's consumer business. Opera Mediaworks, Opera Apps & Games and Opera TV are not included in the transaction.
News categories: Opera Software, Golden Brick, MandA, Middleware, Worldwide
Opera TV launches on LG Smart TVs
Nov 5, 2015 – Brands, broadcasters and content owners can now extend their existing online video channels and video content catalogs to LG Smart TVs at no extra cost, with Opera TV Snap, the toolkit for generating Smart TV channels.
News categories: Opera Software, LG, Aneesh Rajaram, Apps, Brazil, Digital TV, France, Germany, Italy, Mexico, Smart TV, Spain, UK, USA
Opera TV solutions to power Telechips' OTT platforms
Sep 9, 2015 – Opera Software has announced that with the support of the Opera Devices SDK 4.x series and the Opera TV Store, Telechips will be able to demonstrate live and over-the-top (OTT) premium content streams from partners, such as BBC iPlayer and hundreds of other TV apps.
News categories: Opera Software, Telechips, Aneesh Rajaram, Yongkwon Lee, Digital TV, HTML5, Middleware, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Streaming
Latest Opera TV solution to debut on Android TVs in 2015
Jan 5, 2015 – The industry’s first Blink-based TV rendering engine, by Opera Software, will ship on the latest Smart TVs and entertainment devices based on Android L: on televisions from Sony and connected-TV devices from TCL.
News categories: Opera Software, Sony Corp, TCL, Aneesh Rajaram, Android TV, CES2024, Digital TV, HTML5, Smart TV
Video traffic expected to reach 65% of mobile data within 5 years
Nov 20, 2014 – Mobile Video and Data Optimization Could Deliver Mobile Operator Equipment Savings and Revenue Boost of US$28.7 Billion SINGAPORE — The consumption of mobile telecom services by consumers is no longer proportional to the revenue generated for mobile operators. In many countries, 4G LTE tariff plans have been introduced at the same price points as their […]
News categories: ABI Research, Jake Saunders, 5G, Broadband, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
Altech to offer HTML5 apps via the Opera TV Store
Sep 23, 2014 – Altech Multimedia and Opera Software are extending their partnership to bring the Opera TV Store application platform on board selected Altech set-top boxes, kicking off in Australia before rolling out internationally.
News categories: Opera Software, Altech Multimedia, Aneesh Rajaram, Russell Futter, Apps, Australia, Digital TV, HbbTV, HTML5, Set Top Box
TiVo grows Opera TV Store in U.S. market
Sep 16, 2014 – Opera Software has announced that an increasing number of U.S. cable TV operators are offering apps and video content to their subscriber bases through the Opera TV Store running on TiVo’s whole-home gateway DVR and multi-room client devices.
News categories: Opera Software, Aneesh Rajaram, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, HTML5, Set Top Box, USA
Opera launches advertising solution for connected TV
Sep 9, 2014 – App publishers, Smart TV device manufacturers and pay-TV operators are now able to monetize their content by serving video advertising, on any platform, with the launch by Opera Software of the Opera TV Ads SDK.
News categories: Opera Software, Aneesh Rajaram, Advertising, Apps, Digital TV, HTML5, IBC2023, Smart TV, Worldwide
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification