Digital TV News: Portugal Telecom
Altice strengthens partnership with ARRIS for video in the US and Europe
Sep 15, 2017 – Altice has expanded its partnership with ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) to deploy 4K HDR set-tops across its global footprint, in the US and Europe, starting in 2018. Altice-owned Portugal Telecom has selected ARRIS set-tops to deliver its MEO 4K TV service across Portugal.
News categories: ARRIS International, Altice, Larry Robinson, Bruno Zebib, Digital TV, IPTV, Portugal, Set Top Box
Portugal Telecom selects ARRIS STBs for MEO 4K service
Sep 9, 2016 – ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) has announced that Portugal Telecom has selected the ARRIS VIP5662EW Ultra-HD set-top for its recently launched MEO 4K service in Portugal. The VIP5662EW, known as the MEOBox4k for MEO customers, is an HEVC IP set-top.
News categories: ARRIS International, Portugal Telecom, Steve McCaffery, Luis Nascimento, Digital TV, IPTV, Portugal, Set Top Box
HISPASAT and MEO to broadcast Champions League Final and UEFA Euro in 4K
May 18, 2016 – HISPASAT and Portugal Telecom’s MEO have reached an agreement to broadcast in 4K format the Champions League Final on the Sport TV channel as well as eight of the most important matches of the UEFA Euro 2016 on the RTP 4K channel.
News categories: HISPASAT, Portugal Telecom, Digital TV, Portugal, Satellite
Sigma Designs reports third quarter fiscal 2014 results
Dec 11, 2013 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has reported results for the quarter ended November 2, 2013. Net revenues were $54.4 million, down $9.5 million, or 14.9%, from $63.9 million reported for the same period last year.
News categories: Sigma Designs, IPTV, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Technicolor unveils Qeo, a software bridging ecosystems to interconnect devices and applications of all brands
Jan 7, 2013 – Technicolor (PARIS: TCH) has announced the release of Qeo, a software framework that allows for seamless interoperability between devices and applications of all brands and ecosystems.
News categories: Technicolor, Qeo, CES2022, Middleware, Smart Home
Technicolor To Demonstrate Connected Home Applications at BBWF
Oct 11, 2012 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH) has announced that at Broadband World Forum 2012 it will unveil, together with its long-standing customer Portugal Telecom (Lisbon:PTC; NYSE:PT), a number of innovative apps for the home.
News categories: Technicolor, Portugal Telecom, Apps, BBWF, Gateway, IPTV, Smart Home
Alcatel-Lucent and AuthenTec Enable Portugal Telecom to Securely Deliver Mobile Video
Jul 23, 2012 – Alcatel-Lucent (Paris;NYSE:ALU) and AuthenTec (NASDAQ:AUTH) are supporting Portugal Telecom (Lisbon:PTC; NYSE:PT) in the launch of Meo Go!, a service that allows subscribers to use their smartphones and tablets to access content that was previously confined to their TVs and PCs.
News categories: AuthenTec, Alcatel-Lucent, Portugal Telecom, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, IPTV, Mobile, Portugal, Smartphone, Tablet, TV Everywhere
InfoCom says IPTV revealed as customer-retention tool
Mar 21, 2011 – In Europe and N. America, multi-play service bundling has become a standard offering to consumers. So far it has acted more as a loss-mitigation and customer-retention tool rather than as an instrument to increase customer take-up and gain money, says InfoCom.
News categories: InfoCom GmbH, IPTV, Market Research
European Fibre Leaders Welcome Turkey to Their Ranks
Feb 9, 2011 – The second half of 2010 was a period of accelerated growth in FTTH networks, both in terms of buildings passed and subscribers connected, the FTTH Council Europe revealed in a presentation to journalists at the FTTH Conference in Milan.
News categories: FTTH Council Europe, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Fibre, Finland, France, IPTV, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Market Research, Netherlands, Norway, OTT, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Turkey
- Elliptic Labs to trial presence detection and gestures for Smart TV
- Carbon Trust releases white paper on CO2 impact of streaming
- ZEE5 to launch in the U.S. on June 22
- Vewd offers ATSC 3.0 integration options
- Broadpeak's CDN and Multicast ABR power Megacable's Xview+
- TEGNA selects TVSquared for ad measurement and attribution
- Lünecom deploys IPTV solution from ocilion in Northern Germany
- Gigared chooses Appear to deliver to TVs in Argentina
- Kabelnoord extends service to Samsung and LG TVs with 24i
- First football match broadcast over 5G in Portugal
- HD PLUS operator app available on Samsung Smart TVs in Ghana
- More than 11 million addressable TVs for VIZIO in the U.S.
- Viant ad platform integrates TiVo TV viewership data
- WarnerMedia trials national addressable TV with Comscore
- UK broadcasters launch ad campaign measurement tool
- Síminn creating TV bundles using Red Bee Channel Store
- MetaX launches Smart TV commercialization platform
- Only 20% of streaming subscribers content to stay with providers
- Sky NZ selects Intertrust ExpressPlay DRM cloud service
- Evolution Digital Android TV box selected by TDS Telecom