Digital TV News: Portugal Telecom
Altice strengthens partnership with ARRIS for video in the US and Europe
Sep 15, 2017 – Altice has expanded its partnership with ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) to deploy 4K HDR set-tops across its global footprint, in the US and Europe, starting in 2018. Altice-owned Portugal Telecom has selected ARRIS set-tops to deliver its MEO 4K TV service across Portugal.
News categories: ARRIS International, Altice, Larry Robinson, Bruno Zebib, Digital TV, IPTV, Portugal, Set Top Box
Portugal Telecom selects ARRIS STBs for MEO 4K service
Sep 9, 2016 – ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) has announced that Portugal Telecom has selected the ARRIS VIP5662EW Ultra-HD set-top for its recently launched MEO 4K service in Portugal. The VIP5662EW, known as the MEOBox4k for MEO customers, is an HEVC IP set-top.
News categories: ARRIS International, Portugal Telecom, Steve McCaffery, Luis Nascimento, Digital TV, IPTV, Portugal, Set Top Box
HISPASAT and MEO to broadcast Champions League Final and UEFA Euro in 4K
May 18, 2016 – HISPASAT and Portugal Telecom’s MEO have reached an agreement to broadcast in 4K format the Champions League Final on the Sport TV channel as well as eight of the most important matches of the UEFA Euro 2016 on the RTP 4K channel.
News categories: HISPASAT, Portugal Telecom, Digital TV, Portugal, Satellite
Sigma Designs reports third quarter fiscal 2014 results
Dec 11, 2013 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has reported results for the quarter ended November 2, 2013. Net revenues were $54.4 million, down $9.5 million, or 14.9%, from $63.9 million reported for the same period last year.
News categories: Sigma Designs, IPTV, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Technicolor unveils Qeo, a software bridging ecosystems to interconnect devices and applications of all brands
Jan 7, 2013 – Technicolor (PARIS: TCH) has announced the release of Qeo, a software framework that allows for seamless interoperability between devices and applications of all brands and ecosystems.
News categories: Technicolor, Qeo, CES2023, Middleware, Smart Home
Technicolor To Demonstrate Connected Home Applications at BBWF
Oct 11, 2012 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH) has announced that at Broadband World Forum 2012 it will unveil, together with its long-standing customer Portugal Telecom (Lisbon:PTC; NYSE:PT), a number of innovative apps for the home.
News categories: Technicolor, Portugal Telecom, Apps, BBWF, Gateway, IPTV, Smart Home
Alcatel-Lucent and AuthenTec Enable Portugal Telecom to Securely Deliver Mobile Video
Jul 23, 2012 – Alcatel-Lucent (Paris;NYSE:ALU) and AuthenTec (NASDAQ:AUTH) are supporting Portugal Telecom (Lisbon:PTC; NYSE:PT) in the launch of Meo Go!, a service that allows subscribers to use their smartphones and tablets to access content that was previously confined to their TVs and PCs.
News categories: AuthenTec, Alcatel-Lucent, Portugal Telecom, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, IPTV, Mobile, Portugal, Smartphone, Tablet, TV Everywhere
InfoCom says IPTV revealed as customer-retention tool
Mar 21, 2011 – In Europe and N. America, multi-play service bundling has become a standard offering to consumers. So far it has acted more as a loss-mitigation and customer-retention tool rather than as an instrument to increase customer take-up and gain money, says InfoCom.
News categories: InfoCom GmbH, IPTV, Market Research
European Fibre Leaders Welcome Turkey to Their Ranks
Feb 9, 2011 – The second half of 2010 was a period of accelerated growth in FTTH networks, both in terms of buildings passed and subscribers connected, the FTTH Council Europe revealed in a presentation to journalists at the FTTH Conference in Milan.
News categories: FTTH Council Europe, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Fibre, Finland, France, IPTV, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Market Research, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Streaming, Sweden, Turkey
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated
- 7.9 million Disney+ subscribers added in 1Q 2022
- Gaumont launches SVOD on Netgem Content-as-a-Service platform
- AMC+ coming to Orange Spain's entertainment offering in June
- Liberty Global video subscribers down 21,900 in Q1 2022