Digital TV News: SES NEW SKIES
SES Delivers Growth From Strong First Quarter Operational Performance
Apr 23, 2009 – SES (Paris, LuxX:SESG) has reported financial performance for the three months to 31 March 2009. High definition TV services continued to proliferate; the group now carries a total of 136 HDTV programmes - 67 in the U.S. and 69 in Europe.
News categories: SES S.A, Content Distribution, Europe, North America, Results, Satellite
SES ASTRA and Yahsat Start Middle-East Satellite Company
Apr 20, 2009 – SES ASTRA (Paris and Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that it has entered into a partnership with Al Yah Satellite Communications (Yahsat) to offer DTH television capacity and services to the Middle East, North Africa and South West Asia.
News categories: SES ASTRA, Yahsat, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middle-East, Satellite
IPTV Americas Launches First IPTV Satellite Distribution Platform for Latin America and The Caribbean
Jan 13, 2009 – IPTV Americas has announced the first IPTV Satellite distribution for Latin America. This will enable end-to-end satellite-delivered IPTV distribution to all telco's and cable operators' head ends in Latin America and the Caribbean.
News categories: SES NEW SKIES, IPTV Americas, Caribbean, Content Distribution, IPTV, Latin America, Satellite
SES Reports Continued Strong Results
Oct 27, 2008 – SES S.A. (Paris, Luxembourg: SESG) reports on financial performance for the nine months ended 30th September 2008. Total utilised capacity increased from 820 at 30th June 2008 to 821 transponders at 30th September 2008.
News categories: Content Distribution, Results, Satellite
HD Channels On ASTRA Increase By 30 Percent In Three Months
Oct 20, 2008 – SES ASTRA (Paris and Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that the number of HD channels broadcast via the ASTRA Satellite System has increased significantly in the last three months. At the beginning of October, the number of HD channels reached 55.
News categories: SES ASTRA, Austria, Belgium, Content Distribution, Czech Republic, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, France, Germany, Market Research, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Satellite, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, UK
Mediascape Launches New Philippines DTH Platform on NSS-11
Sep 15, 2008 – SES NEW SKIES (Paris,LuxX:SESG) has announced that it has been contracted by Mediascape to provide transponder capacity on the NSS-11 satellite for their new direct-to-home (DTH) satellite television service targeting the Philippines.
News categories: SES NEW SKIES, Digital TV, Philippines, Satellite
CSTV A-Sky-Net DTH Service Launches On NSS-6 For Australia
Jun 18, 2008 – SES NEW SKIES (Paris and Luxembourg: SESG) has been contracted by Chinese Satellite Communications (CSTV) to provide capacity on the NSS-6 satellite for their A-Sky-Net direct-to-home (DTH) satellite television service targeting the Australian Region.
News categories: SES NEW SKIES, A-Sky-Net, Australia, Content Distribution, Satellite
Asia-Wide DTH Service G-Sat Launches On NSS-11
Jun 16, 2008 – SES NEW SKIES (Paris and Luxembourg: SESG) has concluded an agreement with Global Broadcasting and Multimedia Inc. (GBMI) to provide capacity on the NSS-11 satellite for their new G-Sat DTH satellite television service targeting the Asian Region.
News categories: SES NEW SKIES, GSAT, Asia, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Korea, Satellite
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India
- VUALTO event orchestration and DRM chosen for ITV Hub VOD delivery
- Nielsen now tracking premium theatrical films on VOD platforms
- rlaxx TV now available on Amazon Fire TV and Android TV
- SK Broadband selects NAGRA forensic watermarking for IPTV STBs
- 24i integrates Float Left Roku framework with its app platform
- Survey shows 27% of U.S. households plan to cut cable TV in 2021
- Cellnex Telecom selects Intertrust DRM for LOVEStv
- Synamedia integrates security and watermarking with Akamai
- Five-year CAGR of 1.1% for pay-TV revenues in Thailand