Digital TV News: Netflix
VIDAA brings Smart TV OS to the U.S. market with Hisense
Jan 6, 2023 – VIDAA has launched its OS in the U.S. market on Hisense Smart TVs following a large-scale deployment in Latin America, completing the global distribution of VIDAA in all major markets.
News categories: VIDAA, Guy Edri, Digital TV, Smart TV, TV OS, USA
U.S. TV viewing surged in November
Dec 15, 2022 – Nielsen's latest monthly snapshot of TV and streaming usage in the U.S., has revealed that time spent watching TV climbed considerably in November, marking the second-highest month of overall TV consumption in 2022.
News categories: Nielsen, Broadcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Netflix signs up for Kantar audience measurement in Brazil
Dec 13, 2022 – Netflix has signed-up as a subscriber to Kantar's audience measurement data service in Brazil. Netflix will have access to a cross-platform view of its performance alongside linear and on-demand networks and platforms.
News categories: Kantar, Netflix, Antonio Wanderley, Pablo Perez De Rosso, Big Data, Brazil, Digital TV, Streaming
Over four million SVOD subscriptions in Denmark
Dec 13, 2022 – According to Mediavision analysis of the Danish TV and streaming market, the number of paid subscriptions in Denmark now exceeds four million, with more than half a million new subscriptions being added in the past 12 months.
News categories: Mediavision, Marie Nilsson, Denmark, Digital TV, Streaming, Subscribers
ZTE helps América Móvil migrate from AOSP to Android TV
Dec 5, 2022 – ZTE (0763.HK / 000063.SZ) has announced that it has assisted América Móvil in the migration of Claro TV set-tops from AOSP to Android TV. The solution has been deployed in multiple countries in Latin America.
News categories: ZTE, América Móvil, Mariano Dizeo, Android TV, Digital TV, Latin America, Set Top Box
Veira Group starts production of webOS Hub 2.0 Smart TVs
Dec 5, 2022 – Veira Group has begun production of webOS Hub 2.0 Smart TVs. With the rollout of the webOS Hub ecosystem, Veira aims to manufacture over 100,000 Smart TVs based on LG's OS for brands in India.
News categories: Veira Group, Sharan Maini, Digital TV, India, Smart TV, TV OS
Premium online video rebounds in Southeast Asia
Nov 22, 2022 – Vidio's live sports, Prime Video's SE Asia push and robust demand for Netflix, Disney+ Hotstar and Viu have contributed to a rebound across premium video subscribers and viewership in Q3 2022, according to MPA.
News categories: Media Partners Asia, Dhivya T, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
Prime Video heads Parks Associates list of top U.S. SVOD services
Dec 2, 2022 – Parks Associates has released its updated list of the top 10 U.S. subscription OTT video services. This is the first time in the history of the annual report that Netflix is not in the top spot.
News categories: Parks Associates, Jennifer Kent, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Hybrid AVOD/SVOD to drive major subscription platforms
Dec 5, 2022 – Global SVOD subscriptions will increase by 428 million between 2022 and 2028 to reach 1.76 billion. The big four platforms collectively will have 372 million hybrid AVOD-SVOD subscribers by 2028.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022