Digital TV News: Rovi Corp
Video infrastructure spending outstrips client hardware and software revenue
Jun 22, 2015 – Q1 data from Synergy Research shows that revenue growth from video infrastructure network hardware and software is far outstripping growth from client hardware and software. While revenue from all video infrastructure grew by 7% Y-o-Y, network hardware and software grew at 10% and 17%.
News categories: Synergy Research, John Dinsdale, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Rovi G-Guide HTML enables VOD discovery for J:COM
May 29, 2015 – Rovi (NASDAQ: ROVI) has announced that Japan’s largest cable television operator, Jupiter Telecommunications (J:COM), has selected Rovi’s G-Guide HTML to power entertainment discovery across live TV programming and video-on-demand (VOD) content.
News categories: Rovi Corp, J:COM, Chong-ho Choi, Masaaki Agaya, Cable TV, Digital TV, Japan, Middleware, Set Top Box
Rovi to power DISH's voice-based TV interface
Apr 15, 2015 – Rovi (NASDAQ: ROVI) has announced that DISH (NASDAQ: DISH) plans to integrate Rovi’s voice technology into its DISH Explorer second-screen app for iPad, Hopper Voice remote, and DISH Anywhere app for on-the-go viewing from mobile devices.
News categories: Rovi Corp, DISH Network, Daren Gill, Vivek Khemka, Apps, Digital TV, Satellite, TV Everywhere, USA
Cisco leads in both Video Infrastructure Software and Hardware
Dec 12, 2014 – New Q3 data from Synergy Research Group shows that Cisco maintains a strong market lead in both video infrastructure software and hardware, with its worldwide share of revenues approaching 20% in both segments.
News categories: Synergy Research, John Dinsdale, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Rovi acquires Fanhattan (Fan TV)
Nov 3, 2014 – Rovi Corporation has announced that it has acquired Fanhattan, a venture-backed startup, in an all-cash transaction. Fanhattan pioneers innovative ways to discover media and entertainment on any screen, from any source, through its cloud-based Fan TV branded products.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Fanhattan, Omar Javaid, Gilles BianRosa, Olivier Chalouhi, Digital TV, MandA, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
Rovi Guide in more than half a million DTAs
Sep 23, 2014 – Rovi (NASDAQ:ROVI) has announced the deployment of its guides on over half a million digital terminal adapters. Rovi is now providing its programme guide to cable households throughout the U.S. and Latin America.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Armstrong, Omar Javaid, Dave Whittmann, Argentina, Cable TV, Digital TV, Latin America, Middleware, SCTE•ISBE, Set Top Box, USA
Pay TV operator software spending shrinks in developed markets
Jul 22, 2014 – Pay TV Operator spending on middleware, conditional access, DRM and other elements of pay TV software contracted 5% in North America and Western Europe during 2013, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Sam Rosen, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DRM, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Satellite
Rovi discovery integrated with Frog-by-Wyplay on show at TVConnect
Mar 18, 2014 – Wyplay and Rovi (NASDAQ: ROVI) are hosting a demonstration at TV Connect 2014 of the combination of the Frog middleware platform and Rovi discovery services, designed to showcase a turn-key solution for pay-TV operators and Frog community members.
News categories: Wyplay, Rovi Corp, Pim Versteeg, Dominique Feral, Middleware, Set Top Box, Video Exchange, Worldwide
Rovi entertainment discovery and monetization technologies for Grundig TVs
Mar 18, 2014 – Rovi (NASDAQ: ROVI) has announced that Grundig has signed agreements for the use of Rovi TotalGuide CE and Rovi Advertising products in Grundig LED TVs distributed in Germany, the Nordic region, Western Europe, Turkey, and Russia.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Grundig, Akin Garzanli, Pim Versteeg, Advertising, Denmark, Europe, Finland, Germany, Iceland, Middleware, Norway, Russia, Smart TV, Sweden, Turkey
- Infovista enables user experience testing for OTT and 5G apps and services
- UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
- Another record month for U.S. streaming in April
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated