Digital TV News: Telefónica
Movistar to be launch partner for Disney+ in Spain
Mar 8, 2020 – The Walt Disney Company Iberia and Telefónica have announced that Movistar will be the strategic distributor for Disney+ launch in Spain. Adding Disney's new streaming service builds upon a long-standing relationship between the companies.
News categories: Telefónica, Disney, Emilio Gayo, Jan Koeppen, Digital TV, OTT, Spain
Movistar Spain launches new voice remote control
Feb 12, 2020 – Movistar has launched a Voice Remote Control that allows customers to change channels, perform searches, request recommendations or carry out actions on Movistar+ content in a natural and simple way thanks to Aura, Telefónica’s virtual assistant.
News categories: Movistar, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Spain, UX
Telefónica moves RTVE video and radio content to HOTBIRD at 13°E
Dec 11, 2019 – Telefónica has selected the Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) orbital position of 13°E to broadcast RTVE FTA content consisting of two HD channels: TVE Internacional Europa and 24 Horas, as well as six RNE radio stations. 13°E covers Europe, the Middle East and North Africa.
News categories: Eutelsat, Telefónica, RTVE, Philippe Oliva, Francisco Panduro, Digital TV, Europe, Middle-East, Satellite, Spain
Telefónica announces Movistar Living Apps for its STBs
Nov 13, 2019 – Telefónica has announced the availability of Movistar Living Apps, proprietary apps and from third-party companies that offer new digital experiences to Movistar customers that have its Movistar+ UHD TV set-top-box.
News categories: Telefónica, Chema Alonso, Apps, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Spain
Rohde & Schwarz supports 5G Broadcast trial in Brazil
Oct 16, 2019 – At the Rock in Rio festival, Grupo Globo launched the first 5G Broadcast field trial in Brazil with equipment from Rohde & Schwarz. The objective of the project is to validate the operability and market opportunities of the technology.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, Grupo Globo, 5G, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV
Brazil pay TV subscribers down in 528k in 2Q 2019
Aug 2, 2019 – According to Anatel, Brazil's pay TV subscriber base ended June 2019 at 16.71 million, down 528 thousand subscribers in the quarter and down 1.23 million versus one year before.
News categories: Anatel, Brazil, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Subscribers
Nokia Spain becomes Gold Collaborator of 5TONIC Open 5G Lab
Jun 5, 2019 – Nokia Spain has become Gold Collaborator of the 5TONIC Open 5G Lab in Madrid. With Nokia Bell Labs it will work with Telefónica on the implementation of a testbed for Media & Entertainment use cases in the context of the European H2020 5G EVE project.
News categories: 5TONIC, Bell Labs, Telefónica, Arturo Azcorra, Alvaro Villegas, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Spain, UX
5G TODAY broadcasting field trial officially launched
May 9, 2019 – The 5G TODAY project has begun its 5G Broadcasting field trial. The project partners Bayerischer Rundfunk (BR), IRT, Kathrein, Rohde & Schwarz and Telefónica Germany are jointly testing broadcasting options for future 5G technology.
News categories: IRT, Telefónica, Rohde & Schwarz, Kathrein, Bayerischer Rundfunk, Michael Hagemeyer, Gerald Huber, Peter Riedel, Anton Kathrein, Ulrich Wilhelm, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany
Telefónica Spain to launch €8 pm Movistar OTT TV offer in June
Apr 25, 2019 – Telefónica España has provided an update on the strategy the company will be developing in the coming quarters. As part of its plans, the company intends to strengthen its commitment to television, in particular with the launch in June of a Movistar OTT TV offer.
News categories: Telefónica, Emilio Gayo, Digital TV, OTT, Spain
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution
- FIH and NAGRA launch Watch.Hockey app
- Gracenote enables cross-platform search and discovery for sports content
- VR headset market expected to grow despite short-term decline
- Pay TV in Portugal grows 4.1% YoY in 1H 2020
- Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
- Verizon Media offers header bidding-like solution for OTT publishers
- Watch Brasil launches SVOD Smart TV app with Accedo
- ViacomCBS global streaming service to be called Paramount+
- TV3 to trial 5G immersive sport at Superbike World Championship
- Finns prefer to watch streaming services on the TV
- Proximus Pickx Android TV service goes live with 3SS
- Disney+ launches in eight more European countries
- Orange delivers 1.75bn multi-DRM licenses with Viaccess-Orca
- Dotscreen renews metadata deal with Red Bee Media
- Broadpeak powers NPVR service for Orange France
- ZEASN announces Smart TV App Store v3.0