Digital TV News: Beeline
ArmenTel announces IPTV service
Apr 17, 2014 – Armenia Telephone Company CJSC (ArmenTel), which operates using the Beeline brand in Armenia, has announced the launch of an IPTV service
News categories: ArmenTel, Armenia, Digital TV, IPTV
Pay TV subscriptions in Russia to hit 37.6 million in 2016
Aug 17, 2012 – According to J'son & Partners, the number of pay TV subscribers in Russia at the end of 2011 was 28.6 million, up 22.2% on 2010. The company expects this number to reach 37.6 million by 2016, representing 69% of households compared with 52% for 2011.
News categories: J'son & Partners, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Russia, Satellite, Subscribers
Russia's STB market to be flat at 2.5 million units in 2012
Dec 5, 2011 – According to a report from J'son & Partners commissioned by the European Audiovisual Observatory, the number of set-top boxes shipped this year in Russia will be 2.5 million, with no growth expected in 2012.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, J'son & Partners, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Russia, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Motorola Mobility Extends IPTV Set-top Roll-out With VimpelCom
Sep 9, 2011 – Motorola Mobility (NYSE: MMI) has announced that VimpelCom (NYSE: VIP) has selected Motorola's advanced VIP22n2E series set-tops to expand their roll out of enhanced IPTV services to customers under its Beeline brand.
News categories: Motorola, VimpelCom, Digital TV, IBC, IPTV, Russia, Set Top Box
VimpelCom to trial IPTV in Kazakhstan
Jun 17, 2011 – VimpelCom (NYSE: VIP) has completed a tender for IPTV equipment for use in the Russian regions and CIS countries. ZTE (SEHK:0763; Shanghai:000063) has been approved and will be used for a commercial IPTV pilot in Kazakhstan later this year.
News categories: VimpelCom, ZTE, Beeline, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Kazakhstan, Russia
FTTH growth accelerates in Europe
Feb 24, 2010 – In 2009, growth in terms of subscribers and Homes/Buildings passed has accelerated in Europe. In EU36 (including Russia), there were nearly 3.5 million FTTH/B subscribers and more than 25 million Homes/Buildings Passed.
News categories: IDATE, FTTH Council, Broadband, Denmark, Digital TV, Europe, Fibre, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, IPTV, Italy, Lithuania, Market Research, Middle-East, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Streaming, Subscribers, Sweden
Beeline launches Mobile TV in Moscow
Dec 7, 2009 – Vimpelcom (NYSE:VIP) has announced the launch of a trial DVB-H mobile TV service in Moscow under its Beeline brand. Beeline Mobile TV consists of 11 channels and is free of charge to users during the trial period.
News categories: Vimpelcom, Beeline, Digital TV, Mobile, Russia
Vimpelcom launches Beeline IPTV in Russia
May 12, 2009 – Vimpelcom (NYSE:VIP), owner of the Beeline brand, has commercially launched its 'Beeline TV' IPTV service in Russia. The service is based on the Microsoft Mediaroom (Nasdaq: MSFT) platform.
News categories: Vimpelcom, Beeline TV, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Middleware, Russia, Set Top Box
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
- Tremor International acquires Spearad
- TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
- Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product
- Comcast launches Smart TVs based on its XClass TV platform
- ViacomCBS and Altice USA renew distribution agreement
- OTT now at 82% consumer saturation in the U.S.
- MultTV and MwareTV launch multi-tenant TV as a Service in Brazil
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil