Digital TV News: CinemaNow
Hollywood to deliver UltraViolet video with Dolby Digital Plus
Dec 11, 2013 – Dolby (NYSE: DLB) has announced that Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment and Anchor Bay Entertainment now encode movies and TV programs in the UltraViolet™ Common File Format (CFF) using Dolby® Digital Plus™.
News categories: Dolby, Ron Geller, Danny Kaye, Bill Clark, Mark Teitell, Digital TV, Media Player, Streaming
CinemaNow first to launch Disc-to-digital service in Canada
Sep 3, 2013 – CinemaNow has officially launched their Disc-to-digital service. With the service, Canadians can take their physical DVDs, convert them to a digital format in the convenience of their home, and watch them on CinemaNow.
News categories: CinemaNow, Canada, DVD, Streaming
Dolby Release for Online Standard Powers Multiscreen Entertainment
Apr 16, 2012 – Dolby (NYSE: DLB) has announced the availability of a development kit to bring the full power of Dolby® Digital Plus premium-quality multichannel audio to partners that leverage the MPEG Dynamic Adaptive Streaming over HTTP (MPEG-DASH) standard.
News categories: Dolby, NABShow, Streaming
Few Connected Device Owners Rent iVOD Movies . . . At Least for Now
Dec 15, 2011 – According to The NPD Group, even with the increasing number of iVOD-capable devices -- which includes TVs, gaming consoles, streaming-media players, tablets, and smartphones -- the vast majority of these devices were not used to rent iVOD movies.
News categories: NPD Group, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Smartphone, Streaming, Tablet
Revenue for U.S. online VoD and EST to double by 2015
Dec 5, 2011 – According to NPD In-Stat, the growing base of OTT-Video-capable US households is propelling the revenue for online video-on-demand (VoD) and electronic-sell-through (EST) to double by 2015.
News categories: In-Stat, Market Research, Streaming, USA
The Future of TV Begins Now on Xbox 360
Dec 5, 2011 – Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) has announced the launch of an all-new Xbox 360 experience including the first group of new, custom applications from world leading TV and entertainment content providers on Xbox LIVE.
News categories: Xbox, Australia, Austria, Canada, Digital TV, Finland, France, Gaming, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Streaming, Sweden, UK, USA
Xbox 360 Teams Up With Entertainment Leaders to Transform TV
Oct 5, 2011 – Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT) has announced plans to roll out the next generation of TV entertainment on Xbox LIVE. Nearly 40 TV and entertainment providers will begin rolling out entertainment services to consoles, in more than 20 countries.
News categories: Xbox, Australia, Canada, Digital TV, France, Gaming, Germany, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Portugal, Russia, Spain, Streaming, UK, USA
Insignia Unveils Connected TV with Award-winning TiVo Design
Aug 1, 2011 – Best Buy (NYSE:BBY) has announced the arrival of its Insignia Connected TV. Insignia Connected TV customers can simply enjoy broadcast and online movies, shows, and music. The TV was developed as part of its TiVo® Design (NASDAQ: TIVO) partnership.
News categories: Best Buy, TiVo Inc, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Rovi and LG Expand Relationship With DivX Licensing Agreements
Jun 23, 2011 – Rovi (Nasdaq:ROVI) and LG Electronics (KSE: 066570) have signed multi-year licensing agreements that expand their relationship and provide further integration of DivX® technology into a wider range of consumer electronics devices.
News categories: Rovi Corp, LG Electronics, Blu-ray, DRM, In-Car, Media Player, Mobile, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, Tablet
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification
- Bouygues Telecom streams video in Multicast ABR with Broadpeak
- iWedia releases test solution for HbbTV device compliance
- Utomik to bring cloud gaming to VIDAA Smart TVs
- Avid provides Iceland's RÚV with ingest and playout solution
- Global pay TV penetration to fall for the first time in 2024