Private Equity News
NDS Group plc Reports First Quarter Results
Oct 23, 2008 – NDS (Nasdaq: NNDS) has announced its results for the quarter ended September 30, 2008. 95.4 million active devices were protected by NDS conditional access and 98.7 million middleware clients were deployed at the end of the period.
News categories: NDS Group, Cable TV, CAM, Conditional Access, Content Protection, DRM, DVR, IPTV, Middleware, Mobile, Private Equity, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box
NDS Group PLC Reports Fiscal Year 2008 Results
Aug 5, 2008 – NDS Group (NASDAQ: NNDS) has announced its results for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2008. 90.3 million active devices were protected by NDS conditional access technology and 92.5 million middleware clients were deployed at the end of the period.
News categories: NDS Group, Cable TV, CAM, Conditional Access, DRM, DVR, IPTV, MandA, Market Research, Middleware, Mobile, Private Equity, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box
Heavy investment in Europe's cable industry begins to pay off
Jul 22, 2008 – Europe's cable industry is now in a position to compete in the increasingly competitive pay TV market place according to the latest report from media analyst Screen Digest.
News categories: Screen Digest, Austria, Belgium, Cable TV, Czech Republic, Denmark, Digital TV, Estonia, Europe, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Israel, Luxembourg, Market Research, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Private Equity, Romania, Slovenia, Spain, Subscribers, Sweden, Switzerland, UK
The Gores Group Completes Acquisition of Sagem Communications
Jan 29, 2008 – The Gores Group has announced that it closed its acquisition of Sagem Communications from SAFRAN for an enterprise value of 383 million euros (560 million dollars at current exchange rate).
News categories: Sagem Communications, SAFRAN, The Gores Group, CIC Finance, Digital TV, DVR, France, IPTV, MandA, Private Equity, Set Top Box
Private Equity comes to the rescue of Europe's cable industry
Jun 25, 2007 – The latest report from media analysts Screen Digest finds that the European cable industry is in rude health, thanks mainly to a massive injection of private equity investment over the past five years.
News categories: Screen Digest, Cable Europe (ECCA), Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Private Equity
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV
- Claro Box TV streaming in Colombia powered by Harmonic
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 68,000 in 3Q 2021
- Vodafone España provides real-time accurate EPG with Alpha Networks and MediaData TV
- Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement
- C Spire to acquire Troy Cablevision
- Software Freedom Conservancy sues Vizio for GPL violations
- Altibox Android TV service goes live with 3SS and Technicolor
- Sunrise UPC launches yallo TV in Switzerland
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
- Tremor International acquires Spearad
- TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
- Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product