Digital TV News: Portugal Telecom
SingTel and Portugal Telecom sign collaboration agreement
Dec 13, 2010 – Portugal Telecom (Lisbon: PTC; NYSE: PT) and SingTel (Singapore: SGX; Australia: ASX) have announced the signing of a collaboration agreement to share operational and commercial best practices in fibre optic and IPTV based pay TV services.
News categories: SingTel, Portugal Telecom, IPTV, Portugal, Singapore
Portugal Telecom Selects Envivio to Power Innovative Internet TV Service
May 25, 2010 – Envivio has announced that Portugal Telecom (Lisbon: PTC; NYSE: PT) has selected Envivio's Three Screens delivery platform to support the commercial rollout of [email protected] complete television service for delivery to PCs.
News categories: Envivio, Portugal Telecom, Microsoft, Boris Felts, Pedro Leitao, Jonathan Usher, Content Distribution, Middleware, OTT, Portugal
Portugal Telecom meo TV adds 65k subscribers in 1Q10
May 6, 2010 – Portugal Telecom (Lisbon: PTC; NYSE: PT) has announced results for its first quarter ended 31 March 2010. In 1Q10 pay-TV accounted for 65 thousand net additions, bringing total pay-TV customers to 646 thousand (up by 68.1% y.o.y).
News categories: Portugal Telecom, DVR, IPTV, OTT, Portugal, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, VR
Microsoft Platform Powers Silverlight and IIS Media Experiences Across Multiple Screens
Apr 8, 2010 – Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) has announced that it is working with Intel (NASDAQ:INTC) and Broadcom (Nasdaq: BRCM) to deliver reference designs that will provide the Silverlight platform to STBs, connected TVs, Blu-ray Disc players and other CE devices.
News categories: Microsoft, Blu-ray, Content Protection, Digital TV, Media Player, Middleware, NABShow, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Portugal's meo TV adds 76k subscribers in 4Q09
Mar 4, 2010 – Portugal Telecom (Lisbon: PTC; NYSE: PT) has announced results for the year ended 31 December 2009. PT's meo TV service accounted for 76 thousand net additions, bringing the total pay TV customer base to 581 thousand.
News categories: Portugal Telecom, meo TV, IPTV, Mobile, OTT, Portugal, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
FTTH growth accelerates in Europe
Feb 24, 2010 – In 2009, growth in terms of subscribers and Homes/Buildings passed has accelerated in Europe. In EU36 (including Russia), there were nearly 3.5 million FTTH/B subscribers and more than 25 million Homes/Buildings Passed.
News categories: IDATE, FTTH Council, Broadband, Denmark, Digital TV, Europe, Fibre, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, IPTV, Italy, Lithuania, Market Research, Middle-East, Netherlands, Norway, OTT, Portugal, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Subscribers, Sweden
Portugal Telecom and Firecomms Trial POF for IPTV Home Networking Applications
Dec 10, 2009 – Portugal Telecom (Lisbon: PTC; NYSE: PT) and Firecomms have announce trials of IPTV installations based on Firecomms' optical fiber networking (OptoLock®) technology.
News categories: Firecomms, Portugal Telecom, Digital TV, Gateway, IPTV, Portugal, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Meo surpasses 500 thousand customers
Oct 21, 2009 – Portugal Telecom (Lisbon: PTC; NYSE: PT) has announced that Meo, its pay-TV service, surpassed 500 thousand customers, representing circa 64% of PT's ADSL customers and 19% of its traffic generating lines, at the end of 2Q09.
News categories: Portugal Telecom, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, Portugal, Satellite, Subscribers
IPTV growing fastest in Portugal
Aug 25, 2009 – According to Portugal's Autoridade Nacional de Comunicações (ANACOM), at the end of June 2009 the number of subscribers to pay TV in the country reached 2.372 million, 47 thousand more than in the previous quarter and up 232 thousand year-on-year.
News categories: ANACOM, Cable TV, IPTV, Market Research, Portugal, Satellite, Subscribers
- Magnite to manage ad placement for Brazil's NetMovies
- Acxiom and Totalplay to provide addressable audiences in Mexico
- Undertone launches CTV ad solution for improved consumer engagement
- More than seventy 8K TVs now certified by the 8K Association
- Ocean Blue Software acquires Advanced Media Group from EKT
- DVB approves commercial requirements for DVB-I over 5G
- V-Nova raises €33 million in series C round
- AT&T premium TV down 473k; Vrio down 239k; HBO up 3.6M video subs in 2Q 2021
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 62,000 in 2Q 2021
- Astro launches STB for TV without a satellite dish
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV solutions
- Freesat 4K STB receives EICS certification with DTG Testing
- Cox Media Group Local Solutions partners with Amazon Advertising
- Samba TV announces global TV viewership dashboard
- Sky Brasil's SKY Connect 4K Android TV DVR powered by Wyplay
- NBCUniversal adopts Ad-ID for its One Platform
- Redbox to expand free live TV content with Wurl
- ThinkAnalytics rebrands its suite as 'Think360'
- Grupo Werthein to buy AT&T's Vrio operations
- ITV and Sky upgrade their commercial partnership