Digital TV News: CTAM
ABOX42 integrates STBs with HTML5 TV middleware from Singularity
Feb 6, 2018 – ABOX42 has announced an expanded partnership with Singularity. With its smart STB platform, ABOX42 provides pay-TV operators with a hardware and software platform that is integrated with HTML5-based TV middleware from Singularity.
News categories: ABOX42, Singularity, Comwave, Matthias Greve, Matt Ailts, Canada, Digital TV, HTML5, Latin America, Middleware, MWC20, North America, Set Top Box
CTAM releases study results on U.S. TV Everywhere viewing
Apr 20, 2017 – CTAM and Hub Entertainment Research have released results of a recent tracking study on TV Everywhere (TVE) viewing, based on reported consumer data collected continuously across a six-month span, August 2016 to January 2017.
News categories: CTAM, Hub Entertainment Research, Anne Cowan, Peter Fondulas, Digital TV, Market Research, TV Everywhere, USA
CTAM announces universal TV Everywhere sign-in solution
Jun 10, 2016 – CTAM has announced the support of key TV Everywhere (TVE) business and technology leaders around a solution that will improve the sign-in experience for pay-TV customers across platforms, both in and out of the home.
News categories: CTAM, Adobe, Vicki Lins, Matt Strauss, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, TV Everywhere, USA
European cable operators to accelerate growth
Dec 2, 2014 – Solon Management Consulting has announced the 6th Solon Survey of European Cable Communication. Results show that the industry's attention is focused on next generation TV, largely as a defensive move.
News categories: Solon, Matthias Hamel, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research
Netflix to reach 100 million international subscribers by 2020
Sep 22, 2014 – Digital TV Research has estimated that Netflix is aiming for 104 million international subscribers by 2020 - just for the countries where it has already launched.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Netflix, Argentina, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Latin America, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, OTT, Subscribers, Sweden, UK
Cable Industry Brands Interactivity with ExpandTV
Oct 17, 2011 – Canoe Ventures has announced on behalf of the cable industry the availability of the ExpandTV™ implementation guidelines, a major milestone in the development of the interactive television (ITV) marketplace.
News categories: Canoe Ventures, Cable TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
Cable Industry Launches SelecTV™ Brand to Promote Viewer Adoption Of ITV
May 10, 2010 – The U.S. cable industry has announced the launch of 'SelecTV™,' a consumer-facing brand that will appear on-screen to indicate the availability of interactive television content.
News categories: Canoe Ventures, SelecTV, Cable TV, Middleware, USA
Hollywood Studios and Cable Companies Launch Campaign to Promote Movies on Demand
Mar 17, 2010 – The U.S.'s major Hollywood studios and cable companies have joined forces for a push to expand consumer awareness of the value offered by Movies On Demand®, a service that provides a way to rent box office hits on cable.
News categories: Cable & Telecommunications Association for Marketing, Movies On Demand, Cable TV, OTT, USA
Pace Introduces First to Market Multiroom DVR Solution
Oct 26, 2009 – Pace (LSE: PIC) has revealed an advanced multiroom DVR solution, Home Content Sharing (HCS). Pace's HCS utilizes centralized storage and Rovi Corporation (NASDAQ: ROVI) software to connect multiple high definition (HD) set-top boxes within the home.
News categories: Pace plc, Rovi Corp, CTAM, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Home Server, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 477,000 in 2Q 2020
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica
- Amagi delivers 30+ live and linear channels on The Roku Channel
- KDDI selects VisualOn media player for au Smart Pass
- PMG and American Tower partner to accelerate ATSC 3.0 SFN deployment
- Eurofins updates testing services for CI Plus 2.0
- Eutelsat 8 West B selected by Strong Roots for Ethiopian FTA DTH
- Yes partners with Synamedia to achieve broadcast-equivalent latency
- Seven broadcasters launch NEXTGEN TV in Portland, OR