Digital TV News: YouTube
beIN MEDIA teams up with Synamedia for UX upgrade
Aug 22, 2023 – Synamedia has unveiled that beIN MEDIA GROUP chose Synamedia to upgrade the UX on its beIN TV and beIN TV VIP hybrid DTH and IP 4K Kaon STB platforms, in time for the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022.
News categories: Synamedia, beIN MEDIA, Lucy Norris, Saleem Shah, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2023, Middle-East, Satellite, Set Top Box, UX
U.S. home entertainment spending topped $20 billion in H1 2023
Aug 18, 2023 – According to DEG, U.S. consumers spent $20.5 billion on movies and TV shows in the first six months of 2023, up 14.7% from the $17.9 billion spent in the first six months of 2022.
News categories: Digital Entertainment Group, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Top U.S. pay-TV providers lost 1,730,000 subscribers in 2Q 2023
Aug 15, 2023 – Leichtman Research Group (LRG) has found that the largest pay-TV providers in the U.S. lost about 1,730,000 video subscribers in 2Q 2023, compared to a loss of about 1,725,000 in 2Q 2022.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Bruce Leichtman, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
U.S. streaming climbs to record high in July
Aug 15, 2023 – Streaming accounted for a record high 38.7% of total U.S. TV usage in July, while linear TV viewership fell below 50% for the first time, according to Nielsen's July 2023 The Gauge report.
News categories: Nielsen, Broadcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
3SS integrates new YouTube Recommendation API
Aug 11, 2023 – 3SS has added YouTube as a content partner integrating the YouTube Recommendation API into its video entertainment platform. Allente will be the first customer to bring the integration to market.
News categories: 3SS, Pierre Donath, Big Data, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Norway, Set Top Box, Sweden, UX
IRIS.TV and GroupM partner on content IDs
Aug 3, 2023 – IRIS.TV has partnered with GroupM to use the IRIS_ID content identifier as the primary method for accessing video-level data enriched by contextual and brand-suitability data partners.
News categories: IRIS.TV, GroupM, Field Garthwaite, Kevin Sheehan, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Ofcom publishes latest Media Nations research
Aug 3, 2023 – Ofcom has published research looking at the media habits and preferences of people in the UK. Take-up of SVOD services has stalled with subscriptions plateauing at about 66% of households.
News categories: Ofcom, Broadcast, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, UK
MPA releases 1H 2023 Southeast Asia online video report
Aug 2, 2023 – According to Media Partners Asia, the SE Asia region added only 7,000 net new SVOD subscriptions in 1H 2023, a marked slowdown from more than 7.0 million in 2H 2022 and 3.7 million in 1H 2022.
News categories: Media Partners Asia, Vivek Couto, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
Audi integrates YouTube into various models
Jul 25, 2023 – Audi is integrating YouTube into selected models' infotainment systems. YouTube is the first video platform available for download via Audi's new native store for apps.
News categories: Audi, YouTube, Canada, Digital TV, Europe, In-Car, Streaming, USA
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set