Digital TV News: Google
Skyworth's Strong-branded SRT420 STB integrates Live TV app from iWedia
Nov 8, 2022 – iWedia and Skyworth, under its brand name of Strong, have announced a partnership to facilitate the delivery of iWedia's Live TV application for retail hybrid Android devices.
News categories: iWedia, Skyworth, Hans-Jürgen Desor, Charlie Zheng, Digital TV, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
Dish TV and SEI present smart solutions at Android TV APAC Summit
Jan 8, 2022 – Dish TV has moved to Android TV for its STBs and plans to expand its IoT business based on the platform. With this in mind, SEI Robotics provided a solution combining Android TV, the Google Cloud Platform and ecosystem partner technology.
News categories: SEI Robotics, Dish TV India, Jeff Yin, Sunil Kumar, Android TV, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home
OSNtv box brings TV and apps together in one place
Nov 7, 2022 – OSN has announced the launch of OSNtv box, an all-in-one product that brings together OSN exclusive and curated live TV channels, streaming, and free-to-air entertainment via a single Android device.
News categories: OSN, Joe Kawkabani, Android TV, Digital TV, Middle-East, Set Top Box
iWedia provides Android TV Custom Launcher for Innopia
Nov 8, 2022 – iWedia and INNOPIA have announced that iWedia's Android TV Custom Launcher will feature in Innopia's Android TV STBs. The white-label launcher features STAGE, a modern UI with multiscreen capability.
News categories: iWedia, Innopia, Hans-Jürgen Desor, Dr. Heewon Park, Android TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
CTV ad fraud at 19% according to Pixalate report
Nov 3, 2022 – Pixalate has released its Q2 2022 Invalid Traffic Benchmarks Report, an examination of the global state of ad fraud in the first half of 2022 in the top two CTV (Roku, Amazon Fire TV) and mobile (Apple, Google) app stores.
News categories: Pixalate, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
inext provides STB solution to Skytel in Georgia
Oct 24, 2022 – inext has announced the completion of a project for SkyTel in Georgia. For Skytel's media player, TV5 SkyTel, inext provided custom software along with branding of the device, interface and packaging.
News categories: inext, SkyTel, Maksym Shchygol, Mikheil Menabde, Android TV, Digital TV, Georgia, IPTV, Set Top Box, UX
SkyShowtime to launch in the Netherlands and Portugal on 25 October
Oct 18, 2022 – SkyShowtime will become available in both the Netherlands and Portugal on 25 October 2022 following the launch in the Nordics last month. Expansion into Spain and Central and Eastern Europe is next.
News categories: SkyShowtime, Monty Sarhan, Digital TV, Netherlands, Portugal, Streaming
Pearl TV adds digital monetization capabilities to NEXTGEN TV
Oct 18, 2022 – Pearl TV has announced expanded support for digital video advertising technology in its Web TV platform, RUN3TV, bringing digital advertising capabilities equivalent to the web and connected TV.
News categories: Pearl TV, RUN3TV, Anne Schelle, Robert Folliard, Adam Helfgott, Advertising, ATSC 3, Digital TV, NABShow, Smart TV, USA
Paramount+ adds more European countries
Oct 18, 2022 – Paramount+ will arrive in France on December 1, followed by Germany, Austria and Switzerland on December 8. Paramount+ will also launch on Sky platforms in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
News categories: Paramount, Marco Nobili, Austria, Digital TV, France, Germany, Switzerland
- Tulix and WiseDV power Hollywire CTV channel on Samsung TV Plus
- Pluto TV debuts in Canada
- Disney Clean Room technology integrated with VideoAmp
- Smart TV shipments in India up 38% YoY in Q3 2022
- VR device shipments to bounce back in 2023
- Seven Network partners with Imagine Communications
- Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
- Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire
- U.S. consumers watch over six hours of video per week on their mobiles
- Semiconductor market expected to decline slightly in 2023
- 6G-Datacast.tv offers datacasting protocol for ATSC 3.0
- Bedrock powers RTL streaming service in Hungary
- KONKA plans GCC region expansion
- Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue to fall 3.6% in 2023
- Mediaroom Play powers streaming experiences for more viewers in Canada
- DAZN and Irdeto fight piracy in premium sports
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $243 billion in 2028
- VEON to sell Russian operations to their management