Digital TV News: Ready TV
Global 3-D Market Flourishes Across Cinema, Home Video and TV VoD Platforms
Dec 20, 2012 – The global 3-D consumer market is thriving in a dynamic environment marked by clear and discernible growth across its major platforms, including cinema, home video and pay-TV video on demand, according to an IHS Screen Digest report.
News categories: Screen Digest, Blu-ray, Market Research, Metaverse, Set Top Box, Smart TV
EchoStar Europe Launches the World's First Freesat+ DVR With SlingLoaded® TV Anywhere
Mar 22, 2011 – EchoStar Europe (NASDAQ:SATS) has announced their SlingLoaded® HDS-600RS, the world's first HD digital video recorder to combine Freesat+ features with Sling Media's unique place-shifting ability, enabling TV anywhere, on all popular smartphones and tablets.
News categories: EchoStar Europe, Sling Media, Digital TV, DVR, Placeshifting, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK
UK leading the way in new TV technologies
Dec 2, 2010 – Ofcom's fifth International Communications Market report into the global communications market looks at take-up, availability and use of broadband, landlines, mobiles, TV and radio in 17 countries. The UK and Spain lead the way in digital TV take-up.
News categories: Ofcom, Australia, Brazil, Cable TV, Canada, China, Digital TV, DVR, France, Germany, India, IPTV, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Market Research, Metaverse, Netherlands, Poland, Russia, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Spain, Streaming, Subscribers, Sweden, Terrestrial, UK, USA
Sky Deutschland announces 3D-ready HD PVR; iPad/iPhone apps
May 4, 2010 – Sky Deutschland (XETRA: SKYD.DE) is starting a new innovation initiative. Sky subscribers can look forward to Sky+, the first fully integrated HDTV digital video recorder/receiver, tailored for Sky programming, which will come to the market in May.
News categories: Sky Deutschland, ANGA COM, Apps, Austria, Digital TV, DVR, Germany, Metaverse, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming, Tablet
UK consumers switch on to HD
Apr 7, 2010 – An increasing number of UK TV viewers are switching on to high definition television services, according to new Ofcom research. Ofcom's latest Digital Progress Report reveals that sales of HD ready TVs reached almost 23 million by the end of 2009.
News categories: Ofcom, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers, Terrestrial, UK
New Grundig and Goodmans Freeview HD Digital Set Top Boxes
Mar 30, 2010 – Harvard International (LSE:HAR) has announced the launch of Freeview HD (DVB-T2) Digital Set Top Boxes under its Grundig and Goodmans brand names.
News categories: Harvard International, DVB-T2, Set Top Box, Streaming, Terrestrial, UK
Satellite overtakes cable in Europe
Mar 18, 2010 – SES ASTRA (Paris, LuxX: SESG) has announced that for the first time satellite reaches more households than cable in Europe, with 77 million satellite and 71 million cable households. Terrestrial infrastructures reach 86.5 million households.
News categories: SES ASTRA, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Terrestrial
BSkyB to make TV history with the launch of 3D TV
Jan 28, 2010 – BSkyB (LSE:BSY) has announced that it will launch Sky 3D, Europe's first dedicated 3D TV channel, this April. Sky will preview the service this Sunday, becoming the first TV company to broadcast a live 3D TV sports event to a public audience.
News categories: BSkyB, Digital TV, Metaverse, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UK
BSkyB Confirms Compatibility with LG, Panasonic, Samsung and Sony '3D Ready' TVs
Jan 6, 2010 – BSkyB (LSE:BSY) has confirmed that its forthcoming Sky 3D TV service, which is to launch later this year, will be compatible with a wide range of 3D Ready TVs being launched in the UK and Ireland during 2010.
News categories: BSkyB, Ireland, Metaverse, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UK
- Set-top box market contraction will stabilize post-2024
- Red Bee, Nowtilus and Equativ launch FAST channels on LG Smart TVs with High View
- Pixalate releases H1 2022 CTV ad supply chain trends report
- Amazon upgrades Fire TV Cube and Alexa Voice Remote
- Metaverse device installed base to reach 100 million in 2024
- Smart speaker shipments exceeded 33 million in 2Q 2022
- iWedia to deliver Live TV app for Google TV and Android TV devices
- 35 million US internet households interested in cloud gaming subscription
- Japan SVOD revenue to grow at 10.1% CAGR during 2022-2027
- DAZN acquires Eleven Sports and Team Whistle
- Cignal TV enhances Cignal Play app with Quickplay
- UK entertainment and media companies hold their nerve despite economic headwinds
- TV5MONDE adds TV5MONDE Pacifique HD to its bouquet on AsiaSat 5
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Roanoke-Lynchburg
- TripleLift and Zype to bring in-show programmatic ads to CTV
- OpenAP announces interoperability with FreeWheel, Magnite and Xandr
- Sky Stream IP-only STB to launch in the UK on October 18th
- MultiChoice launches DStv Streama STB in South Africa
- Skytel expands video services in Mongolia with Mirada
- Report from the CTA explores gaming's post-pandemic popularity