Digital TV News: CTAM
ABOX42 integrates STBs with HTML5 TV middleware from Singularity
Feb 6, 2018 – ABOX42 has announced an expanded partnership with Singularity. With its smart STB platform, ABOX42 provides pay-TV operators with a hardware and software platform that is integrated with HTML5-based TV middleware from Singularity.
News categories: ABOX42, Singularity, Comwave, Matthias Greve, Matt Ailts, Canada, Digital TV, HTML5, Latin America, Middleware, MWC23, North America, Set Top Box
CTAM releases study results on U.S. TV Everywhere viewing
Apr 20, 2017 – CTAM and Hub Entertainment Research have released results of a recent tracking study on TV Everywhere (TVE) viewing, based on reported consumer data collected continuously across a six-month span, August 2016 to January 2017.
News categories: CTAM, Hub Entertainment Research, Anne Cowan, Peter Fondulas, Digital TV, Market Research, TV Everywhere, USA
CTAM announces universal TV Everywhere sign-in solution
Jun 10, 2016 – CTAM has announced the support of key TV Everywhere (TVE) business and technology leaders around a solution that will improve the sign-in experience for pay-TV customers across platforms, both in and out of the home.
News categories: CTAM, Adobe, Vicki Lins, Matt Strauss, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, TV Everywhere, USA
European cable operators to accelerate growth
Dec 2, 2014 – Solon Management Consulting has announced the 6th Solon Survey of European Cable Communication. Results show that the industry's attention is focused on next generation TV, largely as a defensive move.
News categories: Solon, Matthias Hamel, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research
Netflix to reach 100 million international subscribers by 2020
Sep 22, 2014 – Digital TV Research has estimated that Netflix is aiming for 104 million international subscribers by 2020 - just for the countries where it has already launched.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Netflix, Argentina, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Latin America, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Streaming, Subscribers, Sweden, UK
Cable Industry Launches SelecTV™ Brand to Promote Viewer Adoption Of ITV
May 10, 2010 – The U.S. cable industry has announced the launch of 'SelecTV™,' a consumer-facing brand that will appear on-screen to indicate the availability of interactive television content.
News categories: Canoe Ventures, SelecTV, Cable TV, Middleware, USA
Pace Introduces First to Market Multiroom DVR Solution
Oct 26, 2009 – Pace (LSE: PIC) has revealed an advanced multiroom DVR solution, Home Content Sharing (HCS). Pace's HCS utilizes centralized storage and Rovi Corporation (NASDAQ: ROVI) software to connect multiple high definition (HD) set-top boxes within the home.
News categories: Pace plc, Rovi Corp, CTAM, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Home Server, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home
HDTVs in More than Half of All U.S. Homes
Aug 4, 2009 – A recent CTAM tracking Pulse report shows strong growth over the past year in HDTV ownership. In 2009, 53 percent of total U.S. households report owning a high definition television, an 18 percentage point increase in ownership over 2008.
News categories: CTAM, DVD, Gaming, Market Research, Smart TV, USA
US - Digital Cable Growth Continues to Exceed Satellite
Aug 19, 2008 – Digital cable penetration has surpassed that of satellite television service for the last three years, according to new research by CTAM: Cable & Telecommunications Association for Marketing.
News categories: CTAM, Blu-ray, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, USA
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media
- CHiQ launches latest Google TV series in Europe
- Imagination launches GPU for smart home platforms
- BMW 5 Series to include TiVo video media platform
- Chopin launches streaming service in Poland with Nagra
- Airtel Digital TV subscribers down 39,000 in 1Q 2023
- HBO Max becomes Max