Digital TV News: TNS
Satellite TV now in 8.4 million Italian homes
Oct 25, 2016 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has presented fresh data on trends shaping Italy’s TV landscape where average viewing of linear content is the highest in Western Europe, at four hours and 40 minutes per person per day.
News categories: Eutelsat, Renato Farina, Digital TV, Italy, Market Research, Satellite
21.5 million German TV homes receiving channels via HOT BIRD
Jun 8, 2016 – Eutelsat has revealed the first results of its Eutelsat TV Observatory 2016 for the German market. From 2014 to 2016, the HOT BIRD position increased its German DTH audience by 30% to 3.1 million homes.
News categories: Eutelsat, Michel Azibert, ANGA COM, Germany, Market Research, Satellite
21% of UK users have accessed TV content illegally
Jul 22, 2015 – A survey, published by the Intellectual Property Office (IPO), shows the latest UK trends in online streaming and downloading. 62% of internet users in the UK have downloaded or streamed music, TV shows, films, computer software, videogames or e-books. This is up from 56% in 2013.
News categories: Intellectual Property Office, Australia, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, UK
Eutelsat satellites broadcasting TV into 274 million homes in Europe, North Africa, Middle East
Jan 9, 2015 – Eutelsat (Paris:ETL) has revealed that in Europe, North Africa and the Middle East, 274 million homes are now either equipped for DTH reception or connected to a cable or IP network offering channels broadcast by a Eutelsat satellite.
News categories: Eutelsat, Michel Azibert, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite
Streaming video brings pressures and profits to traditional U.S. pay TV providers
Nov 4, 2014 – The proliferation of streaming video alternatives, while still posing a long-term competitive challenge for traditional Pay TV providers, may also be producing beneficial results across the service category, as indicated by a recent consumer survey from TNS.
News categories: TNS, Frank Perazzini, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Digital TV in 84% of Dutch households
Jul 22, 2014 – According to the first-half 2014 Media Standard Survey (MSS), digital television is now in 84% of Dutch households, with more than one in three households (36%) having a hard disk recorder.
News categories: Stichting KijkOnderzoek, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Netherlands, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Rise of digital devices drives new viewing habits
Jul 10, 2014 – According to TNS, while our love affair with television endures, TV sets alone are no longer enough to satisfy our appetite for content, driving the growth of online media and ‘screen-stacking’ as a result.
News categories: TNS, Matthew Froggatt, Australia, China, Digital TV, Europe, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Italy, Market Research, Mobile, Netherlands, New Zealand, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Streaming, UAE, UK, USA, Worldwide
Eutelsat-Nilesat 7/8°W video audience exceeds 50 million homes
Mar 11, 2014 – Eutelsat (Paris:ETL) has unveiled at Cabsat Dubai the results of its survey on TV reception modes and trends across the Middle East and North Africa.
News categories: Eutelsat, Michel de Rosen, Algeria, Cable TV, CABSAT, Digital TV, Egypt, IPTV, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Market Research, Middle-East, Morocco, Oman, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, Subscribers, Terrestrial, Tunisia, UAE, Yemen
Digital TV in 82% of Dutch households
Feb 3, 2014 – According to the 2013 Media Standard Survey (MSS) produced by TNS-NIPO for Stichting KijkOnderzoek (SKO), digital television is now in 82% of Dutch households, up from 76% in 2012.
News categories: Stichting KijkOnderzoek, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Market Research, Netherlands, Optical Disc Recorder, Satellite, Smart TV, Terrestrial
- Astro Malaysia goes live with Synamedia engagement analytics
- Nielsen enables 'Always On' YouTube ad measurement
- Xperi completes spin-off to become independent public company
- Digicel launches OTT and IPTV services in the Caribbean with mediaClass
- Vodafone Portugal to acquire Nowo
- Eurofins divests Digital Testing business
- Smart Home device growth slows along with global economy, says IDC
- U.S. streamers now only spend 1 in 3 hours using traditional platforms
- ContentBay launches, bringing content licensing into the digital era
- Qualcomm and Rohde & Schwarz unveil 5G Broadcast system at IMC22
- BIA/Madhive report examines growth in US OTT ad spending
- Roku enabled for four-screen measurement in Nielsen Total Ad Ratings
- Online video advertising to generate three times more revenue than SVOD in 2027
- FreeWheel and Comscore launch Connected TV contextual targeting
- Set-top box market contraction will stabilize post-2024
- Red Bee, Nowtilus and Equativ launch FAST channels on LG Smart TVs with High View
- Pixalate releases H1 2022 CTV ad supply chain trends report
- Amazon upgrades Fire TV Cube and Alexa Voice Remote
- Metaverse device installed base to reach 100 million in 2024
- Smart speaker shipments exceeded 33 million in 2Q 2022