Digital TV News: FTTH Council
FTTH growth accelerates in Europe
Feb 24, 2010 – In 2009, growth in terms of subscribers and Homes/Buildings passed has accelerated in Europe. In EU36 (including Russia), there were nearly 3.5 million FTTH/B subscribers and more than 25 million Homes/Buildings Passed.
News categories: IDATE, FTTH Council, Broadband, Denmark, Digital TV, Europe, Fibre, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, IPTV, Italy, Lithuania, Market Research, Middle-East, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Streaming, Subscribers, Sweden
FTTH Council Issues First Official European Ranking Of FTTH Market Penetration
Dec 15, 2008 – The first official European Fibre"to"the"Home (FTTH) ranking shows smaller countries leading the way in FTTH connections. Mid-term projections show, however, that bigger economies are closing the gap.
News categories: FTTH Council, Broadband, Denmark, Estonia, Europe, Fibre, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Market Research, Netherlands, Norway, Slovenia, Subscribers, Sweden
FTTH Connections Rise to 3.76 Million North American Households
Sep 23, 2008 – The upgrading of North America's last mile networks with fiber is continuing, with fiber to the home (FTTH) arriving at more than 1.6 million households over the past year, bringing the total number of FTTH subscribers to 3.76 million.
News categories: Fiber-to-the-Home Council, RVA Market Research, Broadband, Canada, Caribbean, Fibre, IPTV, Market Research, Mexico, North America, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
Asia-Pacific Continues to Lead in FTTH Market Penetration
Jul 23, 2008 – Asia consolidated its position as the global leader in next-generation broadband while the United States and Europe also continued to experience robust growth in FTTH, according to the FTTH Councils of Asia-Pacific, Europe and North America.
News categories: FTTH Council, Broadband, China, Denmark, Fibre, Hong Kong, Iceland, IPTV, Italy, Japan, Korea, Market Research, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Slovenia, Subscribers, Sweden, Taiwan, USA
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution