Digital TV News: abertis telecom
Abertis deploys Digital TV Labs test suite for HbbTV testing
Jan 16, 2014 – Digital TV Labs has announced that Spanish DTT network operator, Abertis Telecom, has been using its Ligada iSuite test harness and test suite to ensure uniform HbbTV receiver conformance for the new Spanish TDT Hibrida platform.
News categories: Digital TV Labs, Abertis Telecom, Keith Potter, Alex Mestre, Digital TV, DRM, HbbTV, QoE, Set Top Box, Spain, Terrestrial
Abertis Telecom to launch HbbTV DTT service in 2H 2013
Aug 13, 2013 – Spain's Abertis Telecom has announced that it is planning to launch a hybrid DTT service in the second half of 2013. The offering will be based on HbbTV standards, and will be compliant with the 'TDT Híbrida en España' specifications defined by AEDETI.
News categories: Abertis Telecom, AEDETI, TDT Hírida, Digital TV, HbbTV, Spain, Terrestrial
HISPASAT to make Ultra HD channel available
Jul 25, 2013 – HISPASAT has announced that it will soon launch a dedicated channel in Ultra High Definition (Ultra HD). The channel, to be called Hispasat 4K, will be available for use by the television industry.
News categories: HISPASAT, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
Harmonic and Nagra Team to Power the World's First Commercial MPEG-DASH OTT Multiscreen Service
Sep 7, 2012 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that it has teamed up with Nagra (SIX:KUD.S) to power an innovative cloud-based OTT video service for broadcasters and pay-TV service providers offered jointly by Abertis Telecom and Nagra.
News categories: Harmonic, Nagra, Abertis Telecom, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, IBC, Middleware, Spain, Streaming
Version 1.5 of HbbTV Specification Released
Apr 4, 2012 – The HbbTV consortium has announced the publication of version 1.5 of its hybrid TV specification. Version 1.5 of the HbbTV specification notably introduces support for HTTP adaptive streaming based on the recently published MPEG-DASH specification.
News categories: HbbTV Consortium, Cable TV, Digital TV, HbbTV, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, Terrestrial
NAGRA and abertis telecom take multiscreen to the cloud
Feb 27, 2012 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced a partnership with abertis telecom (Madrid: ABE) to launch a cloud-based service aimed at pay-TV service providers and free-to-air broadcasters seeking to deploy multiscreen television with fast time-to-market.
News categories: NAGRA, abertis telecom, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, HbbTV, MWC21, Streaming
Kudelski reports 2011 annual results
Feb 23, 2012 – The Kudelski Group (SIX:KUD.S) has announced its 2011 annual results. Total annual revenues and other operating income declined from CHF 1,069.3 million in 2010 to CHF 896.6 million in 2011, with the Digital TV segment driving most of the decline.
News categories: Kudelski, Cable TV, CAM, Conditional Access, Content Protection, IPTV, Middleware, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming
EBU Members offered free applications to 'fast-track' launch of HbbTV
Feb 2, 2012 – European Broadcasting Union (EBU) Members will be offered generic applications to deploy Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV (HbbTV) during the Olympics and the Eurovision Song Contest (ESC), when audiences peak.
News categories: European Broadcasting Union, Apps, Armenia, Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Europe, Finland, France, Germany, HbbTV, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Turkey, Ukraine
Abertis Integrates Irdeto to Strengthen its TDT Premium Digital Content Security
Feb 24, 2010 – Irdeto (JSE: NPN) and Abertis Telecom (Madrid: ABE) have worked to validate the Irdeto Conditional Access System (CAS) integration into Abertis Telecom's open digital terrestrial TV TDT Premium platform.
News categories: Irdeto, Abertis Telecom, CAM, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Spain, Terrestrial
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil
- ATEME joins Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program
- discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
- LiveRamp launches enhanced TV platform
- Comscore enables deduplicated ad campaigns on YouTube and YouTube TV
- Four Hartford TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Vestel rolls out Red Bull TV app to Smart TVs across Europe
- Viaccess-Orca powers Vialis hybrid DTT/OTT service
- TalkTalk selects Netgem for launch of 4K TV service
- 39% of U.S. OTT viewers access video services for specific content
- 60% of UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV
- Foxtel confirms syndication of Sky Glass streaming platform
- Survey highlights attraction of interacting with streaming video
- Yahoo and Tubi partner to streamline CTV ad buying