Digital TV News: abertis telecom
Abertis deploys Digital TV Labs test suite for HbbTV testing
Jan 16, 2014 – Digital TV Labs has announced that Spanish DTT network operator, Abertis Telecom, has been using its Ligada iSuite test harness and test suite to ensure uniform HbbTV receiver conformance for the new Spanish TDT Hibrida platform.
News categories: Digital TV Labs, Abertis Telecom, Keith Potter, Alex Mestre, Digital TV, DRM, HbbTV, QoE, Set Top Box, Spain, Terrestrial
Abertis Telecom to launch HbbTV DTT service in 2H 2013
Aug 13, 2013 – Spain's Abertis Telecom has announced that it is planning to launch a hybrid DTT service in the second half of 2013. The offering will be based on HbbTV standards, and will be compliant with the 'TDT Híbrida en España' specifications defined by AEDETI.
News categories: Abertis Telecom, AEDETI, TDT Hírida, Digital TV, HbbTV, Spain, Terrestrial
HISPASAT to make Ultra HD channel available
Jul 25, 2013 – HISPASAT has announced that it will soon launch a dedicated channel in Ultra High Definition (Ultra HD). The channel, to be called Hispasat 4K, will be available for use by the television industry.
News categories: HISPASAT, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
Harmonic and Nagra Team to Power the World's First Commercial MPEG-DASH OTT Multiscreen Service
Sep 7, 2012 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that it has teamed up with Nagra (SIX:KUD.S) to power an innovative cloud-based OTT video service for broadcasters and pay-TV service providers offered jointly by Abertis Telecom and Nagra.
News categories: Harmonic, Nagra, Abertis Telecom, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, IBCShowcase, Middleware, OTT, Spain
Version 1.5 of HbbTV Specification Released
Apr 4, 2012 – The HbbTV consortium has announced the publication of version 1.5 of its hybrid TV specification. Version 1.5 of the HbbTV specification notably introduces support for HTTP adaptive streaming based on the recently published MPEG-DASH specification.
News categories: HbbTV Consortium, Cable TV, Digital TV, HbbTV, Middleware, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
NAGRA and abertis telecom take multiscreen to the cloud
Feb 27, 2012 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced a partnership with abertis telecom (Madrid: ABE) to launch a cloud-based service aimed at pay-TV service providers and free-to-air broadcasters seeking to deploy multiscreen television with fast time-to-market.
News categories: NAGRA, abertis telecom, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, HbbTV, MWC20, OTT
Kudelski reports 2011 annual results
Feb 23, 2012 – The Kudelski Group (SIX:KUD.S) has announced its 2011 annual results. Total annual revenues and other operating income declined from CHF 1,069.3 million in 2010 to CHF 896.6 million in 2011, with the Digital TV segment driving most of the decline.
News categories: Kudelski, Cable TV, CAM, Conditional Access, Content Protection, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box
EBU Members offered free applications to 'fast-track' launch of HbbTV
Feb 2, 2012 – European Broadcasting Union (EBU) Members will be offered generic applications to deploy Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV (HbbTV) during the Olympics and the Eurovision Song Contest (ESC), when audiences peak.
News categories: European Broadcasting Union, Apps, Armenia, Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Europe, Finland, France, Germany, HbbTV, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Turkey, Ukraine
Abertis Integrates Irdeto to Strengthen its TDT Premium Digital Content Security
Feb 24, 2010 – Irdeto (JSE: NPN) and Abertis Telecom (Madrid: ABE) have worked to validate the Irdeto Conditional Access System (CAS) integration into Abertis Telecom's open digital terrestrial TV TDT Premium platform.
News categories: Irdeto, Abertis Telecom, CAM, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Spain, Terrestrial
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic