Digital TV News: Guy Bisson
Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
Feb 2, 2023 – Synamedia has unveiled research, conducted by Ampere Analysis, analysing the impact of sports and entertainment piracy and the potential revenues that would result from converting pirate viewers to legal subscribers.
News categories: Synamedia, Ampere Analysis, Avigail Gutman, Guy Bisson, Brazil, Content Protection, Digital TV, Germany, India, Italy, Market Research, Thailand, UK, USA
NAGRA and Ampere Analysis identify pay TV consumer types
Nov 14, 2017 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S), in partnership with Ampere Analysis, has released 'Television Tribes,' a study that reveals the new reality of pay-TV consumer viewing types and outlines how operators can unlock new revenue opportunities by catering to their complex needs.
News categories: NAGRA, Ampere Analysis, Ivan Verbesselt, Guy Bisson, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
OTT Providers Must Address Delivery Network Access to Remain Competitive
Sep 18, 2012 – A detailed analysis by IHS (NYSE: IHS) reveals that the costs of OTT rises to uncompetitive levels when such services are scaled up to meet the demands of large numbers of the average TV-viewing public.
News categories: Screen Digest, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
Defying Cord Cutting Craze, European Union Cable Market Expands in 2010
Sep 7, 2011 – The European cable market continued to expand in 2010, with revenue throughout the EU rising by nearly 8% for the year on the strength of double-digit growth in digital TV, broadband and telephony subscribers, according to Screen Digest (NYSE: IHS).
News categories: Screen Digest, Cable TV, Digital TV, EU, Market Research, Subscribers
Eastern Europe Satellite Pay TV Launch Frenzy Continues
Nov 13, 2009 – The latest analysis from Screen Digest focused on the Central and Eastern European pay-TV market shows that the recent rapid growth in new satellite TV market entrants in Central and Eastern Europe shows no signs of slowing down.
News categories: Screen Digest, Digital TV, Macedonia, Market Research, Russia, Satellite, Slovakia, Ukraine
European cable TV bucks recessionary trends
Jul 27, 2009 – Research from Screen Digest, in collaboration with Cable Europe, reveals that Europe's cable industry showed strong performance in 2008, experiencing an increase in total revenues of 5.4 percent, considering the challenging economic climate.
News categories: Screen Digest, Broadband, Cable TV, Digital TV, DOCSIS, Europe, Germany, Market Research, Netherlands, Subscribers, UK
Heavy investment in Europe's cable industry begins to pay off
Jul 22, 2008 – Europe's cable industry is now in a position to compete in the increasingly competitive pay TV market place according to the latest report from media analyst Screen Digest.
News categories: Screen Digest, Austria, Belgium, Cable TV, Czech Republic, Denmark, Digital TV, Estonia, Europe, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Israel, Luxembourg, Market Research, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Private Equity, Romania, Slovenia, Spain, Subscribers, Sweden, Switzerland, UK
Private Equity comes to the rescue of Europe's cable industry
Jun 25, 2007 – The latest report from media analysts Screen Digest finds that the European cable industry is in rude health, thanks mainly to a massive injection of private equity investment over the past five years.
News categories: Screen Digest, Cable Europe (ECCA), Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Private Equity
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania
- SES-18 and SES-19 C-band satellites for the U.S. successfully launched
- OTT TV revenues in Western Europe to reach $45 billion by 2028
- DVB publishes updated Multicast ABR specification and guidelines
- Channel 4 adds Xandr to its digital ad-buying suite
- Mola boosts ABR streaming quality with Broadpeak
- Mainstream Media launches female-centred FAST channel with Amagi
- Eastern Europe OTT revenues to double by 2028
- Video spend in Sweden up 9% in 2022 versus 2021
- StarGroup renews with Eutelsat for StarTV DTH in Mexico
- ORF selects Bitmovin video streaming player
- QYOU Media India selects SpringServe as primary ad server