Digital TV News: Reed Hastings
Videocon d2h to add Netflix to its HD Smart Connect STB
Mar 6, 2017 – Videocon d2h has signed a standalone deal with Netflix. With this partnership, Videocon d2h connected box customers will be able to access seamlessly the extensive library of Netflix TV and movie titles.
News categories: Videocon d2h, Netflix, Saurabh Dhoot, Anil Khera, Reed Hastings, Apps, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming
Comcast to launch Netflix on X1
Nov 4, 2016 – Comcast has announced the launch of Netflix on millions of X1 devices. Netflix content will be integrated into Xfinity On Demand, enabling X1 customers to watch past and current seasons of shows all in one place.
News categories: Comcast, Netflix, Neil Smit, Reed Hastings, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
Liberty Global announces global Netflix partnership
Sep 14, 2016 – Liberty Global has revealed a multi-year partnership with Netflix which will lead to Netflix’s content being made available to Liberty Global video customers across more than 30 countries around the world.
News categories: Liberty Global, Netflix, Mike Fries, Reed Hastings, Cable TV, Digital TV, Mobile, Streaming, Worldwide
Netflix’s international pricing under the spotlight
Feb 15, 2016 – According to Digital TV Research, many were surprised when Netflix announced its global pricing strategy at CES. The rates are reasonable in developed countries, but are high in developing ones.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Netflix, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
Netflix launches its service globally
Jan 6, 2016 – Netflix has launched its service globally, simultaneously bringing its Internet TV network to more than 130 new countries around the world. The company made the announcement -- and the service went live -- at CES 2016.
News categories: Netflix, Reed Hastings, CES2023, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Netflix to launch in Korea, Singapore, Hong Kong and Taiwan
Sep 8, 2015 – Netflix has announced that it will expand into South Korea, Singapore, Hong Kong and Taiwan in early 2016 as it moves to complete its global rollout by the end of next year. Netflix first became available in Asia earlier this month with the start of service in Japan.
News categories: Netflix, Reed Hastings, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Korea, Singapore, Streaming, Taiwan
Netflix is available in Cuba
Feb 9, 2015 – Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX) will offer a broad range of great global entertainment to Cuban consumers as Internet access improves and credit and debit cards become more widely available.
News categories: Netflix, Reed Hastings, Cuba, Digital TV, Streaming
Netflix to launch in Japan
Feb 4, 2015 – Netflix (NASDAQ:NFLX) has announced that it will expand this autumn into Japan, as it moves to complete its global rollout by the end of 2016. The rollout will follow the March expansion of the Netflix service into Australia and New Zealand.
News categories: Netflix, Reed Hastings, Gregory K. Peters, Digital TV, Japan, Streaming
Netflix to reach 100 million international subscribers by 2020
Sep 22, 2014 – Digital TV Research has estimated that Netflix is aiming for 104 million international subscribers by 2020 - just for the countries where it has already launched.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Netflix, Argentina, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Latin America, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Streaming, Subscribers, Sweden, UK
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set