Digital TV News: Reed Hastings
Comcast to launch Netflix on X1
Nov 4, 2016 – Comcast has announced the launch of Netflix on millions of X1 devices. Netflix content will be integrated into Xfinity On Demand, enabling X1 customers to watch past and current seasons of shows all in one place.
News categories: Comcast, Netflix, Neil Smit, Reed Hastings, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
Liberty Global announces global Netflix partnership
Sep 14, 2016 – Liberty Global has revealed a multi-year partnership with Netflix which will lead to Netflix’s content being made available to Liberty Global video customers across more than 30 countries around the world.
News categories: Liberty Global, Netflix, Mike Fries, Reed Hastings, Cable TV, Digital TV, Mobile, Streaming, Worldwide
Netflix’s international pricing under the spotlight
Feb 15, 2016 – According to Digital TV Research, many were surprised when Netflix announced its global pricing strategy at CES. The rates are reasonable in developed countries, but are high in developing ones.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Netflix, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
Netflix launches its service globally
Jan 6, 2016 – Netflix has launched its service globally, simultaneously bringing its Internet TV network to more than 130 new countries around the world. The company made the announcement -- and the service went live -- at CES 2016.
News categories: Netflix, Reed Hastings, CES2022, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Netflix to launch in Korea, Singapore, Hong Kong and Taiwan
Sep 8, 2015 – Netflix has announced that it will expand into South Korea, Singapore, Hong Kong and Taiwan in early 2016 as it moves to complete its global rollout by the end of next year. Netflix first became available in Asia earlier this month with the start of service in Japan.
News categories: Netflix, Reed Hastings, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Korea, Singapore, Streaming, Taiwan
Netflix is available in Cuba
Feb 9, 2015 – Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX) will offer a broad range of great global entertainment to Cuban consumers as Internet access improves and credit and debit cards become more widely available.
News categories: Netflix, Reed Hastings, Cuba, Digital TV, Streaming
Netflix to launch in Japan
Feb 4, 2015 – Netflix (NASDAQ:NFLX) has announced that it will expand this autumn into Japan, as it moves to complete its global rollout by the end of 2016. The rollout will follow the March expansion of the Netflix service into Australia and New Zealand.
News categories: Netflix, Reed Hastings, Gregory K. Peters, Digital TV, Japan, Streaming
Netflix to reach 100 million international subscribers by 2020
Sep 22, 2014 – Digital TV Research has estimated that Netflix is aiming for 104 million international subscribers by 2020 - just for the countries where it has already launched.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Netflix, Argentina, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Latin America, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Streaming, Subscribers, Sweden, UK
Bouygues Telecom to offer Netflix from November
Sep 15, 2014 – Bouygues Telecom announces the signing of an agreement with Netflix meaning that its Bbox Sensation and future Android TV Box customers will get access to Netflix's unlimited subscription VOD service directly on their televisions.
News categories: Bouygues Telecom, Netflix, Olivier Roussat, Reed Hastings, Android TV, Apps, Digital TV, France, IPTV, Mobile, Set Top Box, Streaming
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV
- Claro Box TV streaming in Colombia powered by Harmonic
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 68,000 in 3Q 2021
- Vodafone España provides real-time accurate EPG with Alpha Networks and MediaData TV
- Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement
- C Spire to acquire Troy Cablevision
- Software Freedom Conservancy sues Vizio for GPL violations
- Altibox Android TV service goes live with 3SS and Technicolor
- Sunrise UPC launches yallo TV in Switzerland
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
- Tremor International acquires Spearad
- TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
- Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product