Bulgaria Digital TV News
A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
Dec 3, 2019 – A1 Bulgaria has launched A1 Xplore TV, an advanced turnkey TV solution powered by Zappware. A1 Xplore TV users will be able to find content through Zappware's Nexx 4.0 user experience, and enjoy their favorite content on web and app with A1 Xplore TV GO.
News categories: Zappware, A1 Bulgaria, Patrick Vos, Simeon Donev, Bulgaria, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, UX
BC Partners-owned United Group acquires Vivacom
Nov 7, 2019 – United Group has agreed to acquire Vivacom, the largest telecoms operator in Bulgaria. The acquisition will accelerate United Group’s growth, expand its geographic reach and cement its position as the industry leader in the region.
News categories: United Group, Vivacom, BC Partners, Victoriya Boklag, Spas Roussev, Nikos Stathopoulos, Bulgaria, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA
Nielsen launches global measurement for YouTube mobile app
Jun 3, 2019 – Nielsen has announced that it has expanded advertising measurement on YouTube’s mobile app to 26 additional markets. Now available in 34 markets, the service provides cross-device measurement of advertising audiences across computer and mobile devices.
News categories: Nielsen, Amanda Tarpey, Advertising, Belgium, Big Data, Brazil, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Philippines, Poland, Puerto Rico, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Streaming, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, UAE
A1 Telekom Austria adds 5k TV RGUs in 1Q 2019
Apr 29, 2019 – A1 Telekom Austria Group (VSE: TKA, OTC US: TKAGY) has announced results for its quarter ending March 31, 2019. Overall, TV RGUs were up 5 thousand units (0.3%) in the quarter and up 211 thousand units (14.7%) versus the same point in 2018.
News categories: Telekom Austria, Austria, Belarus, Bulgaria, Croatia, Digital TV, IPTV, Macedonia, Results, Satellite, Slovenia, Subscribers
Bulgaria Sat selects Ericsson to enable UHDTV across the Balkans
Sep 15, 2017 – Bulgaria Sat has selected Ericsson to deliver media processing hardware which will help deliver Standard Definition (SD), High Definition (HD) and 4K channels to TV subscribers across the region.
News categories: Ericsson, Bulgaria Sat, Arpad Jordan, Maxim Zayakov, Bulgaria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2022, Satellite
NeuLion powers NOVA OTT in Bulgaria
Sep 15, 2017 – NeuLion (TSX:NLN) has announced a partnership with NOVA Broadcasting, a Bulgarian broadcaster, to launch an OTT service. The service – DIEMA XTRA PLAY - will deliver live linear channels and live events to viewers on multiple devices.
News categories: NeuLion, NOVA Broadcasting, Roy Reichbach, Dimitar Radev, Bulgaria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming
BulgariaSat-1 satellite successfully launched
Jun 23, 2017 – BulgariaSat-1 is a geostationary communications satellite which will provide direct-to-home television (DTH) and data communications services to Southeastern Europe and other European regions. It will be located at 1.9°E.
News categories: SpaceX, BulgariaSat, Bulgaria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
Unicoms offers white label OTT in the Balkans with Conax and Appear TV
Mar 27, 2017 – Conax (SIX:KUD:S) and Appear TV have announced that Bulgaria’s Unicoms Services has deployed its UnyQTV hosted OTT platform for pay-TV operators deploying advanced technology provided by Conax and Appear TV.
News categories: Conax, Appear TV, Unicoms Services, Daniel Johansson, Walter Holst, Nastya Popova, Bulgaria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Streaming, Video Exchange
Vivacom to deliver DTT in Bulgaria via Intelsat 33e
Mar 21, 2017 – Intelsat (NYSE: I) has announced that telecom provider Vivacom, the leading telecommunication service provider in Bulgaria, will use the Intelsat 33e satellite to distribute digital terrestrial television (DTT) services throughout the country.
News categories: Intelsat, Vivacom, Rhys Morgan, Vladimir Rangelov, Bulgaria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Terrestrial
- Prime Video heads Parks Associates list of top U.S. SVOD services
- VIDAA brings football to Google TV and Android TV
- Deloitte predicts ads on all streaming services
- Hybrid AVOD/SVOD to drive major subscription platforms
- Consumer VR shipments in China to approach 7 million units in 2026
- Tulix and WiseDV power Hollywire CTV channel on Samsung TV Plus
- Pluto TV debuts in Canada
- Disney Clean Room technology integrated with VideoAmp
- Smart TV shipments in India up 38% YoY in Q3 2022
- VR device shipments to bounce back in 2023
- Seven Network partners with Imagine Communications
- Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
- Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire
- U.S. consumers watch over six hours of video per week on their mobiles
- Semiconductor market expected to decline slightly in 2023
- 6G-Datacast.tv offers datacasting protocol for ATSC 3.0
- Bedrock powers RTL streaming service in Hungary
- KONKA plans GCC region expansion
- Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV