Digital TV News: Dailymotion
Vivendi selects Streamroot for OTT video delivery
Apr 21, 2017 – Streamroot has announced that it has entered into an agreement to help Vivendi deliver large-scale OTT video content. Vivendi is implementing Streamroot DNA to improve quality of experience and cut operating costs.
News categories: Streamroot, Canal+ Group, Vivendi, Pierre-Louis Théron, Philippe Rivas, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, Satellite, Streaming
Billion Plus Computing launches Watch Anything, Anytime! OTT box
Jan 30, 2017 – Watching what one loves on the TV just got easier with the ReTV X1 streaming device. This Internet set top box, launched by Billion Plus Computing, a tech startup based out of Mumbai, is aimed at enabling everyone, including Indian homemakers, parents and kids, to watch movies, shows and online videos of their choice on the TV.
News categories: Billion Plus Computing, Ashish Dinkar, Digital TV, India, Set Top Box, Streaming
Dailymotion selects Streamroot for OTT video delivery
Oct 26, 2016 – Streamroot has announced that Dailymotion has selected Streamroot to better control cost and quality of service. Dailymotion has implemented Streamroot’s patented peer-to-peer delivery technology on both its live and VoD content.
News categories: Streamroot, Dailymotion, Pierre-Louis Théron, Pierre-Yves Kerembellec, Guillaume du Pontavice, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Nearly 35% of US broadband households regularly watch user-generated video online
Oct 6, 2016 – Parks Associates has announced OTT research showing that nearly 35% of U.S. broadband households watch user-generated video online, on sites such as YouTube, Vimeo, and Dailymotion, more than ten days per month.
News categories: Parks Associates, Brett Sappington, Glenn Hower, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Opera TV provides end-to-end OTT app generator for broadcasters
Jul 14, 2016 – Opera TV has announced the launch of the latest update to its TV app technology, Opera TV Snap 3.0. The latest version brings a complete end-to-end over-the-top (OTT) app generator for broadcasters, content providers, and video on demand (VOD) services.
News categories: Opera Software, Aneesh Rajaram, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
EU updates audiovisual rules and presents approach to online platforms
May 25, 2016 – The European Commission has proposed an update of EU audiovisual rules. The proposal also reflects a new approach to online platforms, addressing challenges in different areas.
News categories: European Commission, Digital TV, EU, Regulation, Streaming
Roku launches streaming players in France
Oct 20, 2015 – Roku has announced that it is launching its streaming players in France. In France, consumers with a Roku streaming player can stream entertainment from 1,500+ streaming channels, including Netflix, Google Play, Spotify, YouTube, Daily Motion, France 24 and soon content will be added from LA VOD videofutur, Deezer, ARTE and others.
News categories: Roku, videofutur, Clive Hudson, Mathias Hautefort, Digital TV, France, Set Top Box, Streaming
EU seeks views on Europe's audiovisual media rules
Jul 6, 2015 – The European Commission has announced a public consultation on the current framework regulating Europe's audiovisual media landscape. The consultation seeks feedback from stakeholders (market players, public organisations, consumer organisations) but also from viewers themselves.
News categories: European Commission, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cable TV, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Digital TV, Estonia, EU, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, IPTV, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Mobile, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Satellite, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Streaming, Sweden, Terrestrial, UK
TV and movies, not short-form video, to drive online video market
Jan 16, 2015 – According to ABI Research, the online video market is expected to reach over US$56 billion by 2019, with a 6 year CAGR of 23.1%. Short-form video is expected to make up US$13 billion of the total.
News categories: ABI Research, Michael Inouye, Sam Rosen, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029