Digital TV News: FLO TV
Qualcomm's direct-to-consumer FLO TV service to be shut down
Oct 5, 2010 – Qualcomm (Nasdaq: QCOM) is suspending its direct-to-consumer sales of new FLO TV devices. Service provided to handsets purchased through wireless operators is unaffected at this time.
News categories: Qualcomm, Digital TV, Mobile, Smart TV, USA
FLO TV to Expand Offering with Interactive Capabilities, On-demand Content and Time-shifted Viewing
Apr 13, 2010 – FLO TV (Nasdaq: QCOM) has announced at the 2010 NAB Show that it is working to enhance its mobile TV service with new applications that integrate video with Web-based content and social media tools.
News categories: FLO TV, Mobile, NABShow, Smart TV, USA
Increased dynamics of mobile broadcast TV around the world in 2009
Mar 1, 2010 – An updated bmcoforum report describes the recent regulatory framework and implementation status as of the beginning of 2010 in countries with existing mobile TV service offers.
News categories: bmcoforum, Austria, Brazil, Chile, China, Colombia, Czech Republic, Finland, France, Germany, Ghana, Hong Kong, Hungary, Indonesia, Iraq, Italy, Japan, Kenya, Korea, Mobile, Namibia, Netherlands, Nigeria, Norway, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Smart TV, South Africa, Switzerland, Taiwan, UAE, Uruguay, USA
Kudelski Group delivers strong second half 2009 results
Feb 26, 2010 – The Kudelski Group (SIX:KUD.VX) has announced its 2009 annual results. Digital TV sales in the second half were particularly strong growing by 27.3% compared to the first half.
News categories: Kudelski, Brazil, CAM, Conditional Access, Content Protection, DRM, Finland, IPTV, MandA, Middleware, Mobile, Results, Satellite, USA
Nagravision Demonstrates Streaming Mobile TV & VOD Content Protection at Mobile World Congress
Feb 15, 2010 – Nagravision (SIX:KUD.VX) is demonstrating innovative Mobile TV solutions dedicated to the secured streaming of Mobile TV, Catch-up TV and VOD over 3G/4G and Wi-Fi networks at the Mobile World Congress.
News categories: Nagravision, 5G, CAM, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Mobile, MWC21, Smart TV
FLO TV and mophie™ to Bring Live Mobile TV to the Apple® iPhone™ and iPod touch™
Jan 6, 2010 – FLO TV (Nasdaq: QCOM) and mophie have announced they are teaming to create a series of products that will bring live mobile TV to the iPhone and iPod touch platforms.
News categories: FLO TV, mophie, CES2022, Mobile, Smart TV, USA
Audiovox and FLO TV to Roll Out Array of Mobile TV Products in 2010
Jan 6, 2010 – Audiovox Corporation (Nasdaq: VOXX) and FLO TV Incorporated (Nasdaq: QCOM) have announced several live mobile TV products, giving consumers even more choices to stay connected to the television programming they love.
News categories: FLO TV, Audiovox, CES2022, DVD, In-Car, Smart TV, USA
FLO TV Personal Television Mobile Device Debuts in U.S. Retailers
Nov 13, 2009 – The handheld FLO TV™ Personal Television has hit U.S. retailer shelves. The device from FLO TV Inc. (Nasdaq: QCOM) delivers live and time-shifted content via the FLO TV mobile TV service and is available at Amazon.com and Best Buy.
News categories: FLO TV, Portable, Smart TV, USA
FLO TV Unveils its New Digital Handheld Television
Oct 6, 2009 – FLO TV (Nasdaq: QCOM) has unveiled the FLO TV Personal Television - an entirely new dedicated device that will let TV lovers watch news, live sports, children's programming and entertainment on a dedicated device for mobile TV viewing.
News categories: FLO TV, Digital TV, Mobile, Portable, Smart TV, USA
- NAB shows home learning via ATSC 3.0 for students without internet
- Telefonica backs up Movistar+ infrastructure in the cloud with Harmonic
- Irdeto and INVIDI offer integrated addressable TV solution
- UEI providing Android TV remotes to Claro Colombia
- Tubi supports Unified ID 2.0 initiative
- Portugal adds 29,000 pay TV subscribers in 1Q 2021
- 'Go Addressable' TV advertising initiative launched in the U.S.
- Brightcove and ByteArk partner on OTT technology in Thailand
- ATEME powers converged headend at TCCL in India
- NexPlayer joins AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative
- VuClip integrates Bitmovin video encoder on Google Cloud
- Univision to launch unified global streaming service
- View TV Group selects CommScope advertising technology
- Amino Technologies becomes Aferian
- TCL launches Roku TV models in the UK
- OTTera powers gTV by Ubisoft channel on Samsung TV Plus
- ATEME doubles encoding performance with Intel processors
- Globecast, Viaccess-Orca and MainStreaming announce end-to-end OTT platform
- Mola chooses Broadpeak CDN for live sports streaming in Indonesia
- NEXTGEN TV Broadcast Collaborative to bring ATSC 3.0 to Washington D.C.