Digital TV News: RTBF
Red Bee Media and Dotscreen power RTBF's revamped AUVIO platform
Mar 6, 2023 – Red Bee Media has signed an agreement with RTBF to power its re-launched Auvio platform through Red Bee Media's managed OTT services. Red Bee Media partnered with Dotscreen to improve the Auvio user experience.
News categories: Red Bee Media, RTBF, Dotscreen, Stéphane Grandvarlet, Cecile Gonfroid, Belgium, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, UX
New TV apps for TF1 and RTBF powered by Dotscreen
Nov 24, 2022 – Dotscreen has provided upgrades for two of its European multiscreen UI clients. TF1's MYTF1 Max App has launched on Samsung and LG Smart TVs in France, and RTBF has relaunched its Auvio App in Belgium.
News categories: DOTSCREEN, TF1, RTBF, Stanislas Leridon, Pascal-Hippolyte Besson, Apps, Belgium, Digital TV, France, Smart TV, Streaming
Mux analytics platform integrated with Norigin TV App Framework
Aug 24, 2022 – Mux has announced that Mux Data has been integrated with Norigin Media's Tracking Manager and React-based TV App Framework to help organize analytics from broadcaster streaming TV services, giving them reliable QoE measurements.
News categories: Norigin Media, Mux, TV2, Ajey Anand, Cyril Duprat, Tor Egil Alvær, Apps, Digital TV, IBC2023, QoE, Streaming, Worldwide
Orange Belgium launches new generation of Android TV decoders
Mar 14, 2022 – Orange Belgium has launched a new generation of Android TV decoders, introducing new features such as the integration of native apps from content providers, Chromecast capabilities and a new cloud-based multi-screen TV recording service.
News categories: Orange Belgium, Christophe Dujardin, Android TV, Belgium, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box
RMB displays personalised ads during Euro 2020 with Smart AdServer
Jul 13, 2021 – Smart has announced that Régie Média Belge (RMB) relied on its Smart AdServer solution to activate linear TV ad replacement on live streams for desktop and mobile apps during Euro 2020 ad breaks.
News categories: Smart AdServer, Régie Média Belge, Gerald Sauvageon, Valérie Janssens, Advertising, Belgium, Digital TV
Polestar develops streaming app for Polestar 2 cars in Europe
May 6, 2021 – Polestar has developed a video streaming app for the Polestar 2. The beta app, available now in European markets, brings streaming content from various providers directly to the 11-inch centre display in the car.
News categories: Polestar, Thomas Ingenlath, Apps, Digital TV, Europe, In-Car, Streaming
EBU Members offered free applications to 'fast-track' launch of HbbTV
Feb 2, 2012 – European Broadcasting Union (EBU) Members will be offered generic applications to deploy Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV (HbbTV) during the Olympics and the Eurovision Song Contest (ESC), when audiences peak.
News categories: European Broadcasting Union, Apps, Armenia, Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Europe, Finland, France, Germany, HbbTV, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Turkey, Ukraine
EBU drive will bring Hybrid TV into European homes in 2012
Dec 1, 2011 – More than 20 EBU Members have agreed to collaborate to unlock the full potential of Hybrid TV for a European rollout of the technology in 2012. The announcement came as the EBU opened its 67th General Assembly, at the EBU headquarters, in Geneva.
News categories: European Broadcasting Union, Armenia, Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, DVB-MHP, Finland, France, Germany, HbbTV, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, MHEG-5, Middleware, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Smart TV, Spain, Streaming, Turkey, Ukraine
European Digital Television market continues to be dynamic: more platforms, channels and HD
Mar 28, 2011 – Information in the MAVISE database, created for the European Commission by the European Audiovisual Observatory, shows that more than 400 HD channels were operating in the EU in December 2010.
News categories: MAVISE, European Commission, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cable TV, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, EU, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, IPTV, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Market Research, Mobile, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Satellite, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, UK
- NxTV brings FAST channels to Brazil with Broadpeak
- Rakuten TV VOD now available via Zattoo on 1&1 in Germany
- Tele Columbus goes live with PŸUR TV STB featuring 3SS UX
- Two more Miami TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Gracenote launches automotive infotainment metadata platform
- YMEDIA launches tokenized AI Smart TV ad network
- Barb awards metadata, interim overnight programme and commercial logs contracts
- FreeWheel and OrkaTV bring FAST channel access to advertisers
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond