Digital TV News: RTBF
New TV apps for TF1 and RTBF powered by Dotscreen
Nov 24, 2022 – Dotscreen has provided upgrades for two of its European multiscreen UI clients. TF1's MYTF1 Max App has launched on Samsung and LG Smart TVs in France, and RTBF has relaunched its Auvio App in Belgium.
News categories: DOTSCREEN, TF1, RTBF, Stanislas Leridon, Pascal-Hippolyte Besson, Apps, Belgium, Digital TV, France, Smart TV, Streaming
Mux analytics platform integrated with Norigin TV App Framework
Aug 24, 2022 – Mux has announced that Mux Data has been integrated with Norigin Media's Tracking Manager and React-based TV App Framework to help organize analytics from broadcaster streaming TV services, giving them reliable QoE measurements.
News categories: Norigin Media, Mux, TV2, Ajey Anand, Cyril Duprat, Tor Egil Alvær, Apps, Digital TV, IBC2022, QoE, Streaming, Worldwide
Orange Belgium launches new generation of Android TV decoders
Mar 14, 2022 – Orange Belgium has launched a new generation of Android TV decoders, introducing new features such as the integration of native apps from content providers, Chromecast capabilities and a new cloud-based multi-screen TV recording service.
News categories: Orange Belgium, Christophe Dujardin, Android TV, Belgium, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box
RMB displays personalised ads during Euro 2020 with Smart AdServer
Jul 13, 2021 – Smart has announced that Régie Média Belge (RMB) relied on its Smart AdServer solution to activate linear TV ad replacement on live streams for desktop and mobile apps during Euro 2020 ad breaks.
News categories: Smart AdServer, Régie Média Belge, Gerald Sauvageon, Valérie Janssens, Advertising, Belgium, Digital TV
Polestar develops streaming app for Polestar 2 cars in Europe
May 6, 2021 – Polestar has developed a video streaming app for the Polestar 2. The beta app, available now in European markets, brings streaming content from various providers directly to the 11-inch centre display in the car.
News categories: Polestar, Thomas Ingenlath, Apps, Digital TV, Europe, In-Car, Streaming
EBU Members offered free applications to 'fast-track' launch of HbbTV
Feb 2, 2012 – European Broadcasting Union (EBU) Members will be offered generic applications to deploy Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV (HbbTV) during the Olympics and the Eurovision Song Contest (ESC), when audiences peak.
News categories: European Broadcasting Union, Apps, Armenia, Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Europe, Finland, France, Germany, HbbTV, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Turkey, Ukraine
EBU drive will bring Hybrid TV into European homes in 2012
Dec 1, 2011 – More than 20 EBU Members have agreed to collaborate to unlock the full potential of Hybrid TV for a European rollout of the technology in 2012. The announcement came as the EBU opened its 67th General Assembly, at the EBU headquarters, in Geneva.
News categories: European Broadcasting Union, Armenia, Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, DVB-MHP, Finland, France, Germany, HbbTV, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, MHEG-5, Middleware, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Smart TV, Spain, Streaming, Turkey, Ukraine
European Digital Television market continues to be dynamic: more platforms, channels and HD
Mar 28, 2011 – Information in the MAVISE database, created for the European Commission by the European Audiovisual Observatory, shows that more than 400 HD channels were operating in the EU in December 2010.
News categories: MAVISE, European Commission, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cable TV, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, EU, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, IPTV, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Market Research, Mobile, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Satellite, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, UK
Airfield Media Group Selects Eutelsat's HOT BIRD™ Neighbourhood To Broadcast Belgian French-Language Channels In Its TéléSAT Platform
Nov 20, 2008 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has announced the signature of a contract with Airfield Media Group for satellite capacity at the HOT BIRD™ video neighbourhood to broadcast the five Belgian French-language channels in the new TéléSAT, pay-TV platform.
News categories: Eutelsat, TéléSAT, Belgium, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership
- CIMM, 4A's and TVB looking at action plan for U.S. local TV measurement
- U.S. TV viewing remained high in December