Digital TV News: Oliver Johnson
Broadband now in more than 700 million homes worldwide
Oct 6, 2014 – The latest milestone in the relentless march of high speed internet access was passed at the end of June this year as the total number of households with a broadband line came to 700.2 million.
News categories: Point Topic, Oliver Johnson, Brazil, Broadband, China, Digital TV, France, Germany, IPTV, Japan, Korea, Market Research, Mexico, Russia, Streaming, Subscribers, UK, USA
IPTV nearing the 100 million subscriber threshold
Apr 9, 2014 – Year-end figures for broadband and IPTV, published by the Broadband Forum, show that IPTV is nearing the 100 million subscriber threshold, with 21% growth in 2013 taking the total to 96 million.
News categories: Broadband Forum, Robin Mersh, Oliver Johnson, Africa, Asia, Broadband, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Latin America, Market Research, Middle-East, North America, Subscribers, Worldwide
Fiber Drives Global Broadband Access Forward
Feb 20, 2013 – Figures from Point Topic, published by the Broadband Forum, reveal that of the 54 million new broadband subscribers added in the year to 3Q 2012, 48% are being served with fiber. Fiber deployments have now passed cable to account for 19.7% of the total broadband market.
News categories: Broadband Forum, Point Topic, Broadband, IPTV, Market Research, Streaming, Subscribers
Global IPTV subscribers grow by 3.8 million in Q1 2012 to 65.6 million
Jun 20, 2012 – According to figures published by the Broadband Forum and prepared by Point Topic, IPTV now has 65.6 million subscribers globally, up 3.8 million in the quarter. China added over three times as many IPTV subscribers in the quarter as any other country.
News categories: Broadband Forum, Point Topic, Belgium, Broadband, BroadcastAsia, China, Digital TV, DOCSIS, Fibre, France, Germany, IPTV, Japan, Korea, Market Research, Netherlands, Russia, Subscribers, Taiwan, USA
IPTV - Subscribers Up in a Competitive Market
May 1, 2012 – According to Point Topic, global IPTV subscriptions closed in on 60 million at the end of 2011, with the last yearly quarter witnessing the biggest three month increase in subscribers yet.
News categories: Point Topic, IPTV, Market Research, Subscribers
China outstrips France to take top ranking in IPTV
Mar 21, 2012 – IPTV's best quarter ever saw net additions of 3.68 million to finish the year with more than 58.2 million subscribers worldwide. Europe is still the top region but China has outstripped France for the top country spot, according to the Broadband Forum.
News categories: Broadband Forum, Belgium, China, Digital TV, France, Germany, IPTV, Japan, Korea, Market Research, Netherlands, Russia, Subscribers, Taiwan, USA
Hybrid FTTx leads the growth in broadband access
Feb 15, 2012 – As IPTV approaches 55 million subscribers globally, it is Europe that still holds the strongest position for IPTV. The latest deployment information shows that operators are increasingly turning to fiber to meet the needs of the well-connected home.
News categories: Broadband Forum, Broadband, Fibre, IPTV, Market Research, Subscribers
Global IPTV subscribers up 6% in 3Q 2011 to 54.4 million
Jan 12, 2012 – Latest broadband and IPTV figures published by the Broadband Forum show that IPTV subscribers grew by 6.06% in the third quarter of 2011 and now total 54.4 million globally. Asia is the fastest growing region for IPTV.
News categories: Broadband Forum, Point Topic, Belgium, Broadband, China, Digital TV, Fibre, France, Germany, IPTV, Japan, Korea, Market Research, Netherlands, Russia, Subscribers, Taiwan, USA
IPTV will reach 60 million subscriptions in the EU by 2020
Sep 28, 2011 – As broadband subscriptions continue to grow in the EU27, Point Topic has announced analysis on how many subscribers there will be and how many will take an IPTV service as well. According to the analyst firm, IPTV is set to treble by 2020.
News categories: Point Topic, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Digital TV, Estonia, EU, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, IPTV, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Market Research, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Subscribers, Sweden, UK
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution
- SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
- Big Media launches The New Frontier channel with VlogBox
- Bedrock expands 6play max availability to more connected devices
- Slower AR/VR headset shipment growth expected for 2023
- Netgem completes sale of Fibre France business to Nordnet
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania
- SES-18 and SES-19 C-band satellites for the U.S. successfully launched
- OTT TV revenues in Western Europe to reach $45 billion by 2028
- DVB publishes updated Multicast ABR specification and guidelines