Digital TV News: Oliver Johnson
Broadband now in more than 700 million homes worldwide
Oct 6, 2014 – The latest milestone in the relentless march of high speed internet access was passed at the end of June this year as the total number of households with a broadband line came to 700.2 million.
News categories: Point Topic, Oliver Johnson, Brazil, Broadband, China, Digital TV, France, Germany, IPTV, Japan, Korea, Market Research, Mexico, Russia, Streaming, Subscribers, UK, USA
IPTV nearing the 100 million subscriber threshold
Apr 9, 2014 – Year-end figures for broadband and IPTV, published by the Broadband Forum, show that IPTV is nearing the 100 million subscriber threshold, with 21% growth in 2013 taking the total to 96 million.
News categories: Broadband Forum, Robin Mersh, Oliver Johnson, Africa, Asia, Broadband, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Latin America, Market Research, Middle-East, North America, Subscribers, Worldwide
Fiber Drives Global Broadband Access Forward
Feb 20, 2013 – Figures from Point Topic, published by the Broadband Forum, reveal that of the 54 million new broadband subscribers added in the year to 3Q 2012, 48% are being served with fiber. Fiber deployments have now passed cable to account for 19.7% of the total broadband market.
News categories: Broadband Forum, Point Topic, Broadband, IPTV, Market Research, Streaming, Subscribers
Global IPTV subscribers grow by 3.8 million in Q1 2012 to 65.6 million
Jun 20, 2012 – According to figures published by the Broadband Forum and prepared by Point Topic, IPTV now has 65.6 million subscribers globally, up 3.8 million in the quarter. China added over three times as many IPTV subscribers in the quarter as any other country.
News categories: Broadband Forum, Point Topic, Belgium, Broadband, BroadcastAsia, China, Digital TV, DOCSIS, Fibre, France, Germany, IPTV, Japan, Korea, Market Research, Netherlands, Russia, Subscribers, Taiwan, USA
IPTV - Subscribers Up in a Competitive Market
May 1, 2012 – According to Point Topic, global IPTV subscriptions closed in on 60 million at the end of 2011, with the last yearly quarter witnessing the biggest three month increase in subscribers yet.
News categories: Point Topic, IPTV, Market Research, Subscribers
China outstrips France to take top ranking in IPTV
Mar 21, 2012 – IPTV's best quarter ever saw net additions of 3.68 million to finish the year with more than 58.2 million subscribers worldwide. Europe is still the top region but China has outstripped France for the top country spot, according to the Broadband Forum.
News categories: Broadband Forum, Belgium, China, Digital TV, France, Germany, IPTV, Japan, Korea, Market Research, Netherlands, Russia, Subscribers, Taiwan, USA
Hybrid FTTx leads the growth in broadband access
Feb 15, 2012 – As IPTV approaches 55 million subscribers globally, it is Europe that still holds the strongest position for IPTV. The latest deployment information shows that operators are increasingly turning to fiber to meet the needs of the well-connected home.
News categories: Broadband Forum, Broadband, Fibre, IPTV, Market Research, Subscribers
Global IPTV subscribers up 6% in 3Q 2011 to 54.4 million
Jan 12, 2012 – Latest broadband and IPTV figures published by the Broadband Forum show that IPTV subscribers grew by 6.06% in the third quarter of 2011 and now total 54.4 million globally. Asia is the fastest growing region for IPTV.
News categories: Broadband Forum, Point Topic, Belgium, Broadband, China, Digital TV, Fibre, France, Germany, IPTV, Japan, Korea, Market Research, Netherlands, Russia, Subscribers, Taiwan, USA
IPTV will reach 60 million subscriptions in the EU by 2020
Sep 28, 2011 – As broadband subscriptions continue to grow in the EU27, Point Topic has announced analysis on how many subscribers there will be and how many will take an IPTV service as well. According to the analyst firm, IPTV is set to treble by 2020.
News categories: Point Topic, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Digital TV, Estonia, EU, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, IPTV, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Market Research, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Subscribers, Sweden, UK
- AMC Networks launches ad-supported version of AMC+
- Xumo launches Pioneer Xumo TVs at Best Buy
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data