Ukraine Digital TV News
OTT video starting to take-off in Eastern Europe, Middle East, and Africa
Jul 22, 2015 – OTT TV and video revenues in Eastern Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EEMEA) will reach $2,635 million in 2020 - up from only $52 million recorded in 2010 and the $616 million expected in 2015, according to Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Africa, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Egypt, Greece, Hungary, Israel, Market Research, Middle-East, Nigeria, OTT, Poland, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Subscribers, Turkey, UAE, Ukraine
MTG announces 4Q 2014 results
Feb 4, 2015 – MTG (Stockholm: MTGA, MTGB) has announced results for the quarter ended 31 December 2014. MTG's Nordic broadcasting business delivered higher sales and profits. Higher profits in Emerging Markets free-TV were offset by negative pay-TV earnings.
News categories: MTG, Africa, Baltics, Finland, Norway, Results, Russia, Satellite, Subscribers, Sweden, Ukraine
450,000 devices connected to nangu.TV
Nov 6, 2014 – nangu.TV has announced that more than 450,000 paid subscribers using active devices including set-top boxes, mobile phones, tablets and PCs are now connected to its media platform, which enables the delivery of television and video content.
News categories: nangu.TV, Tomas Padera, Czech Republic, Digital TV, France, IPTV, Mobile, OTT, Poland, Slovakia, Subscribers, Switzerland, UAE, Ukraine
OLL.TV deploys Teleste headend for OTT service in Ukraine
Sep 10, 2014 – Teleste has announced the deployment of Teleste's Luminato headend platform in Ukraine. The platform will be an integral part of live TV reception in a new Over-the-top video service called OLL.TV.
News categories: Teleste, OLL.TV, DEPS, Hanno Narjus, Mykola Nazarov, Yevheniy Yevtushenko, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Ukraine
Vega launches IPTV service in Ukraine
Jul 23, 2014 – Ukrainian telecommunications company, Vega Telecommunications Group, has launched an IPTV service called Vega TV. The service offers up to 136 Ukrainian and foreign channels, in both standard and high definition.
News categories: Vega Telecom, OLL.TV, Media Group Ukraine, Digital TV, IPTV, Ukraine
Ukrtelecom launches IPTV in Ukraine
Jul 16, 2014 – Ukrtelecom JSC (PFTS: UTLM) has announced the launch of its 'Interactive TV' IPTV service. Ukrtelecom broadband customers have the option of three different packages of up to 136 channels including 12 in high definition.
News categories: Ukrtelecom, OLL.TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Ukraine
Ukraine’s Volia taps ADB for OTT and hybrid OTT/Cable products
Jun 3, 2014 – ADB (SIX: ADBN) has announced that it has been selected by Volia, Ukraine’s largest pay-TV provider with nearly two million subscribers, to deliver OTT and hybrid OTT/cable set-top boxes, software, and software integration services.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, Gyorgy Zsembery, Peter Balchin, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Ukraine
Ukraine's Lybid TV files for bankruptcy
Apr 10, 2014 – Ukrainian digital satellite television operator, Lybid TV, has announced that due to force majeure and the economic and political circumstances in the country, its continued provision of the TV service is impossible.
News categories: Lybid TV, Digital TV, Satellite, Ukraine
3.2 million pay TV subscribers in Ukraine's 33 largest cities
Dec 17, 2013 – Ukraine's Chamber of Telecommunications (Telekompalata) has released pay TV subscriber figures for the country for the 3rd quarter of 2013. The figures, by city, are broken down by operator.
News categories: Telekompalata, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Ukraine
- FourthWall Media adds Neilsen Smart TV ACR data to analytics platform
- TDS Telecom rolls-out IP video and Cloud DVR with Velocix
- A1now selects Vionlabs for AI-powered recommendations
- Global AVOD expenditure to double
- Gem Shopping Network to use Comscore TV measurement
- United Group makes strategic investment in Forthnet
- Disney+ and Apple TV+ both see success during first six months in the market
- Comcast, Charter and ViacomCBS announce Blockgraph partnership
- Britbox app now available on BT TV set-top boxes
- Conviva partners with Akamai on QoE intelligence
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Bouygues Telecom replaces set-top box with Smart TV app
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey