Ghana Digital TV News
Ghana's digital migration deadline now March 2016
Jul 2, 2015 – Ghana will migrate fully to digital terrestrial television (DTT) by March 2016, the Ministry of Communications, has stated. Ghana had identified funding sources to implement the project at a cost of US$83 million.
News categories: National Communications Authority, Ministry of Communications, William Tevie, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ghana, Terrestrial
Ghana to resume digital TV migration project
Mar 9, 2015 – The Commercial Division of Ghana's High Court has dismissed the interlocutory injunction filed by Startimes DTV Ghana to prevent the Ministry of Communications (MoC) from implementing its DTT roadmap following the termination of the previous contract with Starimes.
News categories: Ministry of Communications, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ghana, Terrestrial
Ghana's Crystal TV takes capacity on EUTELSAT 16A
Nov 7, 2014 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has announced that it has sealed a ten-year contract with Crystal TV for capacity on EUTELSAT 16A. The capacity enables Crystal TV to provide countrywide coverage of Ghana for its digital TV platform.
News categories: Eutelsat, Crystal TV, Rodney Benn, Dr. Crystal-Djirackor, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ghana, Satellite
MultiChoice expands DTT distribution in Sub-Saharan Africa with Intelsat
Apr 9, 2014 – Intelsat (NYSE: I) has announced that African direct-to-home operator, MultiChoice, is leveraging Intelsat capacity to expand the reach of its digital terrestrial television (DTT) offering in Sub-Saharan Africa.
News categories: Intelsat, MultiChoice, Nico Meyer, Grant Marais, Content Distribution, Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Satellite, Terrestrial, Uganda, Zambia
Ghana publishes conformance procedure for Digital TV logos
Jan 31, 2014 – Ghana's National Communications Authority (NCA) has published the procedure for the award of the Conformance Logos for Digital TV sets and decoders.
News categories: National Communications Authority, Digital TV, Ghana, QoE, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Ghana issues minimum specification for DTT receivers
Feb 6, 2013 – The National Communications Authority (NCA) of Ghana has announced the release of Minimum Specifications for Receivers of Free to Air Digital Terrestrial Television (DTT) in the country.
News categories: National Communications Authority, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Ghana, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Digital TV penetration accelerates in Sub-Saharan Africa
Jan 8, 2013 – About 35.3% of TV homes in Sub-Saharan Africa took digital signals by end-2012, according to a report from Digital TV Research. The Digital TV Sub-Saharan Africa report forecasts that digital TV penetration will rocket to 95.5% by 2018 - with household numbers quadrupling to 49.0 million.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Africa, Angola, Côte d'Ivoire, Digital TV, Ghana, Kenya, Market Research, Nigeria, South Africa, Subscribers, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia
Ghana Issues Free To Air DTT Receiver Minimum Requirements For Comment
May 3, 2012 – Ghana's National Communications Authority has published a draft standard for DTT receivers to ensure that all DTT receivers sold on the Ghanaian market conform to a minimum standard. The consultation expires on 25th May, 2012.
News categories: National Communications Authority, Digital TV, Ghana, Regulation, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
SES and Samsung unveil Africa's first TV with integrated FTA satellite receiver
Mar 23, 2012 – SES (Paris;LuxX:SESG) has announced that Samsung (Seoul: 005930) will introduce an LED television with an integrated free-to-air satellite receiver that will be distributed in Nigeria, Ghana, Cote D'Ivoire, Senegal, DR Congo and Cameroon.
News categories: SES S.A., Samsung, Cameroon, Côte d'Ivoire, DRC, Ghana, Nigeria, Satellite, Senegal, Smart TV
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA