Colombia Digital TV News
Telefónica to launch video services in seven more LatAm markets in 2016
Dec 9, 2015 – Telefónica will launch video services in seven Latin American markets in 2016, which will mainly be VoD services and linear television channels. The markets are Ecuador, Uruguay, Panama, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala and Nicaragua.
News categories: Telefónica, Luis Delamer, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Digital TV, Peru, Venezuela
Colombian pay TV market to reach 5.3 million households by 2018
Nov 5, 2015 – The Colombian pay TV market will reach 5.3 million households by 2018, according to data published by Dataxis. This figure will represent a 3.4% increase when compared to end-2015.
News categories: Dataxis, Cable TV, Colombia, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
Millicom releases Q3 2015 results
Oct 22, 2015 – Millicom has released its Q3 2015 results. Cable and Digital Media revenue grew strongly at 25.2%. Total Cable and Digital Media revenue generating units increased by 83,000 from Q2 2015 to 5.25 million.
News categories: Millicom, Bolivia, Cable TV, Colombia, Costa Rica, Digital TV, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Paraguay, Results, Subscribers
Pay TV subscribers pass 5 million in Colombia
Sep 28, 2015 – According to figures from Colombia's Comisión de Regulación de Comunicaciones (CRC) and Autoridad Nacional de Televisión (ANTV), the number of pay TV subscribers in the country passed the 5 million mark in July.
News categories: Autoridad Nacional de Televisión, Comisión de Regulación de Comunicaciones, Cable TV, Colombia, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
Netflix on track for 69.9 million subs by year-end
Jun 29, 2015 – Digital TV Research’s Global OTT TV & Video Forecasts report estimates that Netflix will have 69.90 million paying subscribers by end-2015, up by 28% from 54.48 million at end-2014.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latin America, Luxembourg, Market Research, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, OTT, Portugal, Spain, Subscribers, Sweden, Switzerland, UK, USA
Latin America OTT TV & video ready for take-off
Jun 22, 2015 – OTT TV and video revenues in Latin America will reach $2.91 billion in 2020; up from the $1.13 billion expected in 2015, according to Digital TV Research. From the $2,126 million in revenues to be added between 2014 and 2020, Brazil will contribute $938 million and Mexico $437 million.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, Mexico, OTT
Netflix' international business yet to turn a profit
Apr 20, 2015 – Netflix international paid subscribers totaled 16.8 million at the end of 2014, according to SNL Kagan. While the international business has yet to turn a profit, the company has seen strong growth in its non-U.S. markets thus far.
News categories: SNL Kagan, Netflix, Argentina, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Luxembourg, Market Research, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, OTT, Subscribers, Sweden, Switzerland, UK, Venezuela
Telefónica adds 437,000 pay TV subscribers in 4Q 2014
Feb 25, 2015 – Telefónica has presented its FY 2014 results. Pay TV accesses totaled 5.1 million, up 48% year-on-year in organic terms, on the back of 437 thousand net additions in the final quarter. In Spain, Pay TV accesses almost tripled over the year.
News categories: Telefónica, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, IPTV, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Results, Satellite, Spain, Subscribers, Venezuela
DIRECTV US up 149,000 subscribers; DTVLA up 118,000 in 4Q 2014
Feb 19, 2015 – DIRECTV (NASDAQ:DTV) has reported fourth quarter 2014 results. DIRECTV U.S. added 149,000 subscribers, Sky Brasil lost 1,000 subscribers and the remainder of Latin America added 119,000 subscribers in the quarter.
News categories: DIRECTV, DIRECTV Latin America, Sky Brasil, Sky Mexico, Argentina, Brazil, Caribbean, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Latin America, Mexico, Peru, Puerto Rico, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, Uruguay, USA, Venezuela
- Google's share of global digital media revenues declined in Q2
- First Media launches Android TV STB with Widevine CAS in Indonesia
- EBOX deploys Technicolor Android TV set-tops in Québec
- Conviva releases Q3 2020 State of Streaming report
- Realtek selects Allegro DVT H.266/VVC compliance streams
- Russian SVOD consumer spend to increase 1,000% by 2024
- A1 selects XroadMedia for content discovery and recommendations
- Skyworth and 3SS create Netflix-ready Android TV platform
- CANAL+ extends satellite agreements with SES for Europe and Africa
- European Connected TV Initiative to explore advertising opportunities
- Accessible TV Guide rolls out on Freeview Play
- Spain’s AgileTV migrates to Verimatrix Secure Cloud
- Promwad offers videoconferencing and 'watch party' solution for TV
- Phoenix Model Market gets ATSC 3.0 Single Frequency Network
- Magenta Telekom deploys Whip Media Content Value Management platform
- Pay-TV revenue in Philippines to grow at 4.0% CAGR over next five years
- Israel’s RGE chooses Kaltura to power Kids Cloud TV service
- Over 40% of video consumption hours now on mobile for U.S. Gen Z
- T-Mobile USA launches TV bundles and Android TV STB
- TenTime uses NexPlayer to launch Arabic SVOD service